Advice on a new CPU

Hey guys,

I've got a budget of <£250-350 which can be spent on a processor (and motherboard/ram if it's a real good bundle).

I'm looking at 3rd gen i7's but i'm wondering if it's really worth the money. I'm studying programming at Uni and I'm also interested in streaming Arena at 1080p. (I've got the internet to do it, 10mb up)

Currently I've looked at:
    Intel Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz from ebuyer

and a

Motherboard Bundle - Intel Core i7 3770 - 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz (I can make the extra just about).

My current PC spec is:
    Intel i5 750 (2.67GHz)
    4GB DDR3 Ripjaws
    ATI 4800HD
    100 GB SSD (programs)
    1 TB HD (documents/movies etc)

After upgrading my processor my next stop is upgrading my graphics card (in January or so) -- is there any CPU recommendations you have? Do I really need to blast all the money on the i7? Any help would be appreciated MMO

edit: I know a little about building pc's etc, mine is home built but I have been out of the loop of hardware for about 2-3 years so I'm pretty far behind knowledge wise.

2nd edit: just realised that my motherboard is socket 1155 - so the first link wont fit the mobo. Does that mean I have to upgrade my motherboard to fit 3rd gen intel cpus or are there some 3rd gen that are socket 1155?
    Last edited by Snuggli; 2012-12-09 at 06:58 PM.

You would need a new motherboard as well. Overclock what you have and wait for Haswell to come out in the summer. It isn't worth the upgrade.