Gara'jal Changes?

So killed Gara'jal for, like, the 6 or 7th time last night. Big deal, I know right?

The issue? He spawned, like, WAY more adds than normal. Generally, going in with the first totem we see, like, 5ish adds up. Last night, it was more like 10. Made getting the kill an actual issue (had to adjust strat a bit, sending in multiple groups every time a totem popped rather than just 2-3 people whenever it was convenient). Obviously, as we got the kill, I'm not really complaining. The thing is, was this fight hotfixed or something?

I could not find any recent patch notes that said the number of adds was increased, but all of our dps agreed they were seeing way more adds. From a healer perspective (me), it was basically unhealable with our normal strat whereas before it had been easy to heal.

Maybe it's just people being asleep at keyboards, but the group was (mostly) the usual group we bring who have all killed it many times. I just don't understand why or even if Blizz changed the encounter. Am I just blind? Is it in the patchnotes and my trusty ctrl+f just failed me?
    Last edited by Dust45; 2012-12-09 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Grammar lol

Normal or heroic? We did it today and Adds have been as boring as always

Quote Originally Posted by Dust45 View Post
    So killed Gara'jal for, like, the 6 or 7th time last night. Big deal, I know right?

The issue? He spawned, like, WAY more adds than normal. Generally, going in with the first totem we see, like, 5ish adds up. Last night, it was more like 10. Made getting the kill an actual issue (had to adjust strat a bit, sending in multiple groups every time a totem popped rather than just 2-3 people whenever it was convenient). Obviously, as we got the kill, I'm not really complaining. The thing is, was this fight hotfixed or something?

I could not find any recent patch notes that said the number of adds was increased, but all of our dps agreed they were seeing way more adds. From a healer perspective (me), it was basically unhealable with our normal strat whereas before it had been easy to heal.

Maybe it's just people being asleep at keyboards, but the group was (mostly) the usual group we bring who have all killed it many times. I just don't understand why or even if Blizz changed the encounter. Am I just blind? Is it in the patchnotes and my trusty ctrl+f just failed me?
    We did it on heroic a few days ago, adds were at the usual number.

We killed this last Tuesday on Heroic. Everything seemed fine.

We killed this on normal this week but had to change our strategy.

Usually we take 1 Paladin, and Our Highest DPS in the first totem to LOH and then leave. Then skip 2nd totem. The clear out 3rd totem with the highest dpser staying on the boss the whole time.

Did not work well this week. By the time the 2nd totem spawned our tanks were getting damn near insta gibbed.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

Deleted
    Seemed like there were more spawning in our kill tonight, wasn't sure if this was because our clean up groups were a bit messy or just not being killed, but ye, on heroic it seemed a bit more overwhelming.

Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    We killed this on normal this week but had to change our strategy.

Usually we take 1 Paladin, and Our Highest DPS in the first totem to LOH and then leave. Then skip 2nd totem. The clear out 3rd totem with the highest dpser staying on the boss the whole time.

Did not work well this week. By the time the 2nd totem spawned our tanks were getting damn near insta gibbed.
    Well, we were killing on normal (casual group), and yeah, pretty much what Playintrafic said. His strat was not our strat, but we saw similar things happening: A LOT MORE ADDS!

Maybe it was a stealth patch?

Once again, we got the kill; we were just confused as to why Blizz would change this encounter.