Someone explain this to me

I was reading a thread on the forums http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7350355627

And something I noticed form BOTH sides on issues the game has is this.

IF you disagree with something in game or the game design your option is invalid and you need to shut up and stop whining, doomsayer etc.

But you you agree with blizzard and the game design your option is valid.

on the flip side of this

IF you agree with blizzard and the game design your option is invalid and you are a fanboy, kissing blizzards ass, etc.

IF you disagree with something in game or the game design your option is valid.

How come people seem to think their option is valid and others is not?

please keep this conservative and not a flame war.

Factionalism naturally evolves in any heated discussion given enough time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Its the internet. Unless moderated severely people are not likely to behave as they would when facing other people.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    Ermm, you're always going to run into arguments such as that. People like to use fallacies in their arguments. You'll find it lots of places, not just on WoW forums.

Murmuur - Kil'Jaeden-US - <Gravity> - Survival Hunter

Human nature. Some people just want to spend their time and energy letting other people know they're wrong on the internet, and fan-forums are the best place to find People Who Are Wrong.

Sure, it makes life unpleasant for actual fans and clutters up supposed fan-forums with anti-fan posts... but... err... yeah, it does do that. A lot. That's pretty much why I don't read the official forums anymore.

That's the way it has been and always will be. People generally aren't very open minded and only see it one way, only ever will see it one way, and if you see it differently, you are wrong.

On a side note, you have hit the key issues with Government right on the head.

Well, historically large groups of people voicing one opinion has been what's changed things, big or small. So since people want to change (or defend) something here, they want to believe that surely the majority must be with them on this regardless of what's factual or not. Otherwise, they're just wasting their time or making a fool out of themselves, and everyone has always wanted to avoid that in the history of time.

Edit: For example, I was just skimming the first post in that thread, and I found something funny:
    Of course Blizzard claims the dailies aren't required... but they are, otherwise I wouldn't be doing them.
    I bolded the funny part. Whether you agree with dailies being required or not, that's just not good reasoning either way. So to me, that really does sum up the issue and my post.
    Last edited by Senka; 2012-12-10 at 04:18 AM.

If this is about server-balance, I am all up for either CRZ or server-merging! I cannot quest/do dailies/explore/sit in Stormwind without full raids of Horde kill everybody and the Alliance playerbase is nowhere to be found.

Server balance should be fixed. On BOTH sides!

Quote Originally Posted by Speaketh the truth View Post
    I think every subscriber to this game has a role to play in saving it. Whether you disagree with opinions, agree with them, it does not matter. We all know the game is in trouble. We may disagree on how to solve it, but we all know the game is in trouble. Overall, we need to reject these latest changes that Blizzard has made and look inside ourselves for all of the things that built this game into what it was.
    You call for a rejection of the latest changes made by blizzard... What about those who like the changes? What about those who enjoy where the game is heading? Are you suggesting that we just disregard their feelings? There needs to be compromise. No one side is right and no one side is wrong. The best ideas from both sides need to be looked at, thought through and a solution that works for both sides needs to be reached.

It's sad that we have groups of people who become so passionate about what they find to be good about WoW, that no other opinion matters and anyone who opposes them is wrong. What makes this worse, is that there are always going to be different groups who like different aspects of the game. There will never be a point of pleasing everyone.

If we go with just the two sides... Those who like what the game is, and those who dislike what the game is. It would be quite unfair to just give up on one side of that argument. No matter which side is chosen as the "Right" side... completely ignoring the opposing side would be flat out wrong.

I find it interesting that you start your post talking about how it doesn't matter if you agree or disagree with the general opinion of the game... but then you push your own agenda of the game being in trouble. Your post shows that you feel the game is in trouble and that it needs to be fixed. Guess what you are doing my good sir... you are completely disregarding the feelings, ideas and thoughts of the group that thinks the game is okay. It's your opinion, and I don't agree.

Uber Casual | Avatar and Signature by Shyama

If it is your opinion, or an opinion that agrees with yours, then it is correct.
    If it is an opinion that disagrees with yours, then it is wrong.

This is the mentality of many forum posters on the Internet.

In your case a number of people complaining about the game believe that they are right, everyone disagreeing with them is wrong, and they use any excuse they can find to invalidate the stance of the other people rather than arguing their point because they don't care what the other person is actually saying, only that it's not on their side.

A number of people who think the game is fine also believe that they are right, everyone disagreeing with them is wrong, and they use any excuse they can find to invalidate the stance of the other people rather than arguing their point because they don't care what the other person is actually saying, only that it's not on their side.

You know; Morons.

Doomhammer EU

Your answer is simple: Ad-hominem

Instead of explaining or discussing the opposing ideologies, many (not everybody) get enjoyment by "taunting" or "trolling" the other person by calling them names instead of actually debating their arguments.

This happens alot when somebody is backed into a corner and can't offer a counter-argument, and thus they just insult out of shear desperation instead of offering an intelligent counterpoint.

Lastly, I might also mention what I call the "Starving Pitbull" mentality. If you feed a pitbull that's starving, chances are you'll have a companion for life. My neighbor did that, and the pitbull came into her house. About 2 months later she brought a date home, and the pitbull took 2 fingers off the guys hand when he put his arm around her - believing the pitbull's beloved angel's life was in jeopardy.

This applies to WoW fans... and also to so-called "haters" too, as they wish to defend their ideology/opinion like a "starving pitbull" too...
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    That's the ONLY reason you would post 9600 posts over 3 years: a mission of hate.