Mod closing threads getting out of hand?

I know they say contact us if we feel we have an issues with moderators closing threads, to me that seems sketchy, like there is something to hide. Why can't this be discussed in the open among the users of this site? Don't worry, we wont rise up against the man

Anyway, I feel threads are closed a lot, things get passionate and there is some good discussion and interest to come from that. If people throw around insults, then shut them down not the thread.

Mods have been getting too gung-ho with shutting down threads for quite some time now and beware of you bring this up in the open. Just saying it has become a little too Big Brotherish.

Just my opinion, other will disagree I am sure. I hope I do not get banned for stating my thoughts on this or that this thread is closed right away. (*please do not hurt my family) (** that was a joke )

Deleted
    This isn't the place to discuss it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem is that people keep creating new threads to discuss things that either a) there are already active threads about, or b) are in direct violation of forum rules.

I've yet to see an original, helpful thread be closed for no apparent reason.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calzaeth View Post
    The problem is that people keep creating new threads to discuss things that either a) there are already active threads about, or b) are in direct violation of forum rules.

I've yet to see an original, helpful thread be closed for no apparent reason.
    Yeh there are these reasons, and also there are a few threads that people get passionate about, But then there are the people who rage and say silly things that ruin it for everyone else, and they don't have tons of spare Mods to read the threads all day to quickly delete posts/warn people/ban etc so it's often easier to close a thread once the number of non useful people gets too high

10+ Year Old Account
    Feel free to pass along any mod feedback (in this case, regarding thread closure) to one of the admins, such as Sunshine. This isn't really the place to discuss it.