Page 11 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Man, I hope we get to raid Jaina. She's just the Alliance version of Garrosh now.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn View Post
    I did some reading into the events leading up to the purge last night and I still feel that, while the actions of both sides are definitely questionable and suspicious, there were only a few Sunreavers involved in smuggling Horde operatives through Dalaran and that they were not acting to fulfil Sunreaver plans, but rather they were working directly for Garrosh. A fundamental difference and one that still makes Jaina's overreaction unjustifiable.

Anyway, Monsieur Zaelsino, you got any speculative theories as to why there are apparently high elf supporters of the Sunreavers that Jaina and Vereesa are actively purging?
    Maybe the she has some left over hate from the Horde blowing up Theramore. What would you think if someone came a long and blew up your home, and then find that people in your new home are working for the ones who blew up your old home. Anger and the like can make people do things they otherwise wouldn't do.

Quote Originally Posted by Dekadez View Post
    Man, I hope we get to raid Jaina. She's just the Alliance version of Garrosh now.
    Is she?? I don't see her going on the rampage actively enslaving people and killing those who get in your way, or have you forgotten what Garrosh got up to in Cataclysm and more so now with his actively seeking ways to obliterate the Alliance by any means. All I can see with Jaina is she is actively clearing out traitors and that those traitors are what has made her decide to bring the Kirin Tor into the Alliance.
    Last edited by grexly75; 2012-12-11 at 01:24 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Maybe the she has some left over hate from the Horde blowing up Theramore. What would you think if someone came a long and blew up your home, and then find that people in your new home are working for the ones who blew up your old home. Anger and the like can make people do things they otherwise wouldn't do.
    I won't deny that her anger and wrath are understandable (even if it is directed at the wrong people), but that doesn't mean her decision to carry out a murderous political/ethnic purge is justifiable.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I won't deny that her anger and wrath are understandable (even if it is directed at the wrong people), but that doesn't mean her decision to carry out a murderous political/ethnic purge is justifiable.
    I suppose and you do see Varian go nuts to some extent when he finds out what she did. Thing is that Garrosh is doing the exact same thing and no one really says boo about what he is doing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    I suppose and you do see Varian go nuts to some extent when he finds out what she did. Thing is that Garrosh is doing the exact same thing and no one really says boo about what he is doing.
    I think people shrug off what Garrosh does because we've come to expect no better of him at this point. His solution to incompetency within his army is to throw officers off bridges and his idea of military strategy is jumping off a blimp hundreds of feet up in the air to bare-fight a dragon! (>.<)

We've all grown used to Jaina acting as a voice of reason, a calming figure who acts as a diplomatic medium between the two zealously opposed factions and places herself above the irrational and petty fighting. It's just a lot more shocking and disappointing (in lore, its great for the story though!) to see someone who, for years, has been a resolute champion for peace become something of a magocratic blackshirt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyway, Monsieur Zaelsino, you got any speculative theories as to why there are apparently high elf supporters of the Sunreavers that Jaina and Vereesa are actively purging?
    Assuming it's not an oversight, it actually makes sense for some Sunreavers to lack the green eyes. Some of the organization wouldn't have been anywhere near Quel'Thalas or Outland during Kael's reign (Dalaran was a non-entity until Wrath, so we have no idea what the Dalarani elves who took up that mantle were up to before it), but still have embraced the cultural identity of "sin'dorei" because, well... it conveys a show of respect for the fall of the high elven race.

It's probably less "high elves supporting the Sunreavers" as it is "Sunreavers not all having green eyes."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Rommath gives them a hell of a lot more in the Horde version. Jaina teleports most of the Sunreavers away (even the ones who run out to fight her), but he opts for the simpler "slaughter the Silver Covenant" approach.

What a hero. I like him more and more.

This is far, far far from reality. There's absolutely no slaughter of High elves in Dalaran.
    The Silver Covenant is outright attacking Sunreavers. Even those who are trying to escape from the city. He simply opts for a defensive approach.

Judging from the quests, Vereesa made a bigger slaughter in the sewers than Rommath during the whole scenario.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    Judging from the quests, Vereesa made a bigger slaughter in the sewers than Rommath during the whole scenario.
    Maybe you should read the Horde quests again. Rommath starts in the sewers, and the first thing he does is warn the Sunreavers (who have no idea what's about to happen yet) to get out. Then, funnily enough, you get a quest to kill any Silver Covenant goons attacking the Sunreavers in said sewers. Then you attack the Silver Enclave, and save elves in the Sunreaver's Sanctuary.

Then you jail break Aethas and the Sunreavers Jaina's been going around the city imprisoning from the Violet Hold. I'd say it's about even.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Assuming it's not an oversight, it actually makes sense for some Sunreavers to lack the green eyes. Some of the organization wouldn't have been anywhere near Quel'Thalas or Outland during Kael's reign (Dalaran was a non-entity until Wrath, so we have no idea what the Dalarani elves who took up that mantle were up to before it), but still have embraced the cultural identity of "sin'dorei" because, well... it conveys a show of respect for the fall of the high elven race.

It's probably less "high elves supporting the Sunreavers" as it is "Sunreavers not all having green eyes."
    That makes sense. Perhaps a little like Astromancer Darnarian joining the Shattered Sun offensive working along side the Sin'dorei (assuming he isn't an oversight too!!). I just find it strange that high elf NPC's would be showing up among Sunreaver ranks now, several years after blood elf reintegration into the Kirin'Tor. Maybe its some of the high elf stragglers who, up until the Sunreavers induction into Dalaran, had no feasible way to get in contact with the folks "back home". I guess it is also a good way to perhaps demonstrate progression in relations since the opening of the Sunwell to quel'dorei visitors which might not have been possible at the start of wrath as it would have made the reason for the Sunreaver - Silver Covenant conflict rather muddy and undefined.
    Still, if its not a mistake or an oversight, I think its a very interesting and positive development and further stuff to throw in the face of hardcore Alliance playable-high elf supporters. Makes Alliance HE's seem even more pointless if there is a visible presence of the blood elves' non-Fel afflicted brothers and sisters back among the Silvermoon-affiliated ranks. =3

10+ Year Old Account
    Still, if its not a mistake or an oversight, I think its a very interesting and positive development and further stuff to throw in the face of hardcore Alliance playable-high elf supporters. Makes Alliance HE's seem even more pointless if there is a visible presence of the blood elves' non-Fel afflicted brothers and sisters back among the Silvermoon-affiliated ranks. =3
    Sorry if I break your dreams, but Kosak has already stated it was a bug which would be fixed soon.
    Last edited by elbleuet; 2012-12-11 at 02:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    How are people already a third of the way through revered? I've been doing the dailies every day since 5.1 launched and I'm only gonna hit revered today.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder what the outcome of this is, in-game?
    Does it mean our toons are getting phased to Dalaran, and those who've completed the quests will have the "new" Dalaran, with Horde toons not able to enter it anymore?

WoW - where if you cry enough eventually the developers will cave in.
    Congratulations I guess? You've successfully added Jaina to the gone-insane-is-now-a-loot-pinata list.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lassira View Post
    WoW - where if you cry enough eventually the developers will cave in.
    Congratulations I guess? You've successfully added Jaina to the loot pinata list.
    Dalaran was originally an Alliance city-state. The change was letting the Horde in. Now it's back to normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Dalaran was originally an Alliance city-state. The change was letting the Horde in. Now it's back to normal.
    Yes, killing them was an amazing way to put it back to an alliance-only city.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry if I break your dreams, but Kosak has already stated it was a bug which would be fixed soon.
    Got a link? I know he said the flame druids were a mistake, but I've not seen anything else.

Deleted
    Hmm. The dream isn't "broken" quite yet. The only statement I can find regarding "Horde" high elves is some NPCs listed as 'Horde Priests' ("@ScholarlySir Aw crap - those Horde "high elves" are bugs. Will have to fix in 5.2 unfortunately. "). I can't see that he has commented on the Sunreaver-aligned high elves yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lassira View Post
    Yes, killing them was an amazing way to put it back to an alliance-only city.
    Quite effective actually. Being offered mercy at all was quite generous actually.

10+ Year Old Account
    How are people already a third of the way through revered? I've been doing the dailies every day since 5.1 launched and I'm only gonna hit revered today.
    Totally easy to do.. At revered you buy the commendation to double the Rep you get.
    You also kill the captured animal every day, for the extra daily, that yields the most Rep too.
    I'm 4000 into revered and I even skipped days. I could be a lot further, had I bought the Commendation for the rep when I reached Revered, and not after I turned the quests in I had past revered. Plus I did not use the Rep Buff from the Holiday events every day, or the Darkmoon Faire buff more than once. I could easily have at least 8000 towards exalted already if not more.

Quite effective actually. Being offered mercy at all was quite generous actually.
    Effective at pushing them back towards the horde and making the horde angry, sure.