Page 3 of 65 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    What inaction?
    They've always done some significant since Wrath being one of the most developed and active races during Cata. If anything they're one of the races that has received the most development in WoW as excluding TBC they've always been involved in some new plot.
    They still have mixed feelings about the whole "undeath" thing. Should Sylvanas die and someone competent would become the leader, all doubts would be dissmissed.

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    What inaction?
    They've always done some significant since Wrath being one of the most developed and active races during Cata. If anything they're one of the races that has received the most development in WoW as excluding TBC they've always been involved in some new plot.
    Someone getting the spotlight means that someone doesn't and I find bloodelves a hell of a lot more interesting than the scourge wannabes.

Deleted
    So... Varian and Jaina have switched places?

From their speeches it sure sounds like it:
    Varian - but I was trying to make peace...
    Jaina - you're going soft woman.

That said, it looks really nice.

Deleted
    Oh Vereesa... You opportunistic snake. I'm sure Sylvanas would be proud to see her baby sister bearing the venomous Windrunner fangs.

This whole quest line really goes against the grain (it would even if I wasn't a super hardcore blood elf fanboi too). The Alliance are slaughtering the wrong group. Songweaver was either working alone or with a few accomplices and it wasn't for the Sunreavers, it was for Garrosh. Horde loyal blood elves are responsible for the levelling of Dalaran, not the Kirin'Tor aligned group. The zealous high elves have just seized the opportunity this crisis has provided to insight a xenophobic massacre.

Anyway, I find it very interesting that the Sunreaver Frosthands seemingly have blue eyes (unless its an interface bug). Does that imply that there are some high elf turncoats among Sunreaver ranks at this point or perhaps that if mages (and possibly blood elves generally) steer clear of fel and use frost magic, we're losing the taint at this point? Most curious.

Can we expect stills from the Horde campaign, Zael? Thanks for sharing this batch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    So... Varian and Jaina have switched places?

From their speeches it sure sounds like it:
    Varian - but I was trying to make peace...
    Jaina - you're going soft woman.

That said, it looks really nice.
    You do need to take that kind of reaction with a pinch of salt. Varian would've been just as pissed if he had had members of his own organisation betray his cause for another, especially when that other is the same people who blew up your city.

I really want to bitchslap jaina right now
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Well there you have it, Jaina moves in and makes dalaran alliance only.

you know all this just feels like one alliance victory after another. We already know Garrosh is set to fall, that the horde will not be following his demented rule, and where does that leave the horde after what the alliance take from this?
    Learning a lesson and not invading, murdering, stealing, raping and pillaging Alliance lands, people and resources? That's what the Horde should get out of this, and be happy they are alive to pick up the pieces of the mess they started.

I really hope, if blizzard are serious about balancing things out, that it has from here on a conflict between silvermoon and dalaran on equal levels, the sunreavers and lor'themar's elite standing at the magical fonts against dalarans magic. AND making use of the sunwells power.
    Finally having the pendulum swing back towards Alliance power, for the first time since WoW began, *is* balance.

Cut off the high elves from the sunwell. I'd dearly love to see a scene where Silvermoon claims the sunwell for itself, cutting off all high elves from it, and shoving that in Veressa's face... and hopefully see her become a wretched one, that would be sweet.
    High Elves don't become Wretched. UNlike the Blood Elves, they were able to cope with the loss of the Sunwell and not resort to sucking the magic out of living things and demons. Did you miss that huge part of the story?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn View Post
    Can we expect stills from the Horde campaign, Zael? Thanks for sharing this batch.
    For sure. I can't wait for the Horde version; Rommath and his magi fighting through the city, slaughtering Theramore/Silver Covenant goons, invading the Silver Enclave/liberating Sunreaver's Sanctuary, and breaking Aethas out of mage jail is appealing to me. And Theron's victory speech at the end...

Will be a little more time though. Human rep racial is overpowered.

Also worth mentioning that Hilda (or whatever she's called, the Alliance's Tak Tak) the dwarf gives the closure to this chain. She says Jaina was on the verge of forgiving the Horde for Theramore, and was about to give the Sunreavers and the Silver Covenant a great new future before... well, this. What a pity.

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    High Elves don't become Wretched. UNlike the Blood Elves, they were able to cope with the loss of the Sunwell and not resort to sucking the magic out of living things and demons. Did you miss that huge part of the story?
    You missed the part where entire population of their outpost in plaguelands got devolved because they sucked on some artifact.

Not quite true several high elves already became wretched, quite the moral preachers I might add, as seen in shoadow of the sun.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Quel'Lithien_Lodge

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Not quite true several high elves already became wretched, quite the moral preachers I might add, as seen in shoadow of the sun.

Tragedy

......Stop hating on my High Elves damn it!
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    You missed the part where entire population of their outpost in plaguelands got devolved because they sucked on some artifact.
    Didn't miss it at all, actually. The Artifact is rumoured to be the Crystal of Zin-Malor, it's a wild card and doesn't change a damned thing to what I stated earlier. Simply being disconnected from a magical source doesn't turn a High Elf into wretched, like it does a Blood Elf.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    Tragedy

......Stop hating on my High Elves damn it!

I don't hate them, Auric and his bunch are great Vereesa and her goons are not ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post

A horrible example based on pure ignorance of lore. It's like refuting the confirmed in lore statement "valkyr can only raise humans as undead" because when the Lich King granted them power they raised *everyone* as undead.

Deleted
    Oh, but they certainly do become wretched: http://www.wowpedia.org/Quel'Lithien_Lodge

Had the self-righteous rangers at Quel'Lithien Lodge taken up Lor'themar on his offer of aid, they might have acquired some Sin'dorei wisdom and known not to mess with the wrong type of magical artefacts and thereby turn themselves into dribbling husks...

A horrible example based on pure ignorance of lore. It's like refuting the confirmed in lore statement "valkyr can only raise humans as undead" because when the Lich King granted them power they raised *everyone* as undead.
    Proof that they are sucking on garbage can be traced even back into Burning Crusade.

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=10028

Didn't miss it at all, actually. The Artifact is rumoured to be the Crystal of Zin-Malor, it's a wild card and doesn't change a damned thing to what I stated earlier. Simply being disconnected from a magical source doesn't turn a High Elf into wretched, like it does a Blood Elf.
    Neither does it the blood elves, wretched come to be if an high/blood elf fully gives into his/her addiction. The blood elves only sate their hunger for a time and control their thirst if they loose this control they eventually become wretched.

Awwww, blood elves getting kicked out of Dalaran (or killed when they resist) after using the city to funnel horde troops around, seems... well, it's not very nice, but after all that happened, you can well say that the sunreavers chose... poorly.

About time that Jaina grew herself a backbone, she's been getting hosed for her peacekeeping efforts for years, and at some point (The whole Theramore-dealie maybe?), a line gets crossed and it becomes time to take a stand and fight back, looks like Blizz are overdoing the "calm, wise ruler"-bit with Varian though, he needed to tone his anger down a bit, but he did a real U-turn all of a sudden (And he mentions it every chance he gets too :P )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn View Post
    Oh, but they certainly do become wretched: http://www.wowpedia.org/Quel'Lithien_Lodge

Had the self-righteous rangers at Quel'Lithien Lodge taken up Lor'themar on his offer of aid, they might have acquired some Sin'dorei wisdom and known not to mess with the wrong type of magical artefacts and thereby turn themselves into dribbling husks...

Yeah but we don't know about it until it's too late. So hating on those guys isn't even a fair argument.

Proof that they are sucking on garbage can be traced even back into Burning Crusade.
    No evidence that it's demonic.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi