Page 27 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Molyneux View Post
    Fortunately for us, we don't have to choose whether or not to believe in it. You can also choose not to believe in gravity, air, or evolution. It doesn't make any of them less real; it just makes anyone who thinks it's something to "believe in" pretty uneducated.
    And when they start taxing us for this "theory" and try to control our lives further?

Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post
    And when they start taxing us for this "theory" and try to control our lives further?
    Not you again...

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    Selecting products outright is probably the wrong way, but governments specifying by regulations what output/input/efficiency characteristics a light bulb or motor engine ought to have at minimum isn't bad I think.
    I'm basically good with that, but we have to keep in mind that there are consequences to these policies that aren't always immediately apparently. Policy tends to get complicated, even for things that seem pretty straightforward.

No I agree as a rule of thumb governments are kind of balls at predicting specific market trends and that is best left to the market. Where I do think the government has a place though is in general area research. I mean we all know that "green" tech is going to be where its at. Governments know it, economists know it, the market knows it. So if the government pumps some money into that kind of technology then great. We just get it a little faster.

Its a whole different thing than more abstract science though which is absolutely a place for government.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh hey, you're back. You never responded to my post asking where you said 16 years.

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    Not you again...
    Look i'm just trying to warn you all about the Globalist plans to use this global warming theory to control our lives, and stop third world countries from developing.

Look i'm just trying to warn you all about the Globalist plans to use this global warming theory to control our lives, and stop third world countries from developing.
    ...next you'll want to try and sell me Herbalife or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    No I agree as a rule of thumb governments are kind of balls at predicting specific market trends and that is best left to the market. Where I do think the government has a place though is in general area research. I mean we all know that "green" tech is going to be where its at. Governments know it, economists know it, the market knows it. So if the government pumps some money into that kind of technology then great. We just get it a little faster.

Its a whole different thing than more abstract science though which is absolutely a place for government.
    Agreed. An addendum that I think obviously goes hand in hand with this is that governments are good at financing large scale basic research that isn't feasible or profitable for companies to do. There's fantastic synergy in having governments finance scientists figuring out how things work and then having businesses get those things to market in useful forms.

---------- Post added 2012-12-11 at 08:57 PM ----------

Thanks, much appreciated. So, how do we stop the Globalists?

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    ...next you'll want to try and sell me Herbalife or something.

No i'm not in it for the money like these global warming scientists. Billions of dollars is being made due to this global warming theory.

Hell its not a bad industry to get into.

No i'm not in it for the money like these global warming scientists. Billions of dollars is being made due to this global warming theory.

And how does that stack up to the billions in profit from discrediting science?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Not really, we have data thousands of years back from non human impact and we have the industrial human data.
    Comparing the fluctuations is not really that hard. If one believe in it or not is the question.

But more importantly, are you willing to take a chanse?
    So far US, China are, obviously at the expense of everyone else.
    The Earth has experienced "warm" and "cold" cycles and changes in climate, why wouldn't this just be another one of these? I personally will not go out of my way to protect OR harm the environment. I will do what I need to do and if it helped or damaged the environment I don't really care since human impact on that change arguably is not that significant.

Who's cutting those huge checks? I've never seen much in the way of rich scientists.

Really, guys? Come on.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    And how does that stack up to the billions in profit from discrediting science?
    Especially how good politics is apparently is in what seems to have became a disturbingly anti-intellectual climate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    Global waming is not a myth, it is an observational fact. It is a term used to describe the warming of the planet, which is undeniably happening.

www.ncdc.noaa.gov/paleo/globalwarming/paleolast.html
    It is a myth, climate change is more appropriate term and less misleading.

Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    The Earth has experienced "warm" and "cold" cycles and changes in climate, why wouldn't this just be another one of these?
    Because the Earth change climate only when there is a reason to, not because it follows any prescribed "cycle". And the only relevant reason this time, is human emissions.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/ene...llionaire.html

Seems Mr Al gore isn't doing to badly for himself. The person who heavily pushed this theory in the media. But hey, don't believe me.

Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    It is a myth, climate change is more appropriate term and less misleading.
    Global warming is a type of climate change that happens to be the type that's happening now. Arguing semantics about it like you're doing is red herring.

LOL!! Where is all this money and why hasn't any of it come my way yet? I should be rich by now, damn it!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolman View Post
    Because people believes, what they want to believe in. Or what they want to hear.

Humanity is a pitiful and weak race.
    Is that what you want to believe in?

Quote Originally Posted by Aalyy View Post
    LOL!! Where is all this money and why hasn't any of it come my way yet? I should be rich by now, damn it!!
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/ene...llionaire.html

Check it out. Plenty of money involved.