Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    This downleveling is a good idea I think, but don't change someone's skills. This level 21 would still be kicked asses by the level 30, but oh well.
    I don't even know why I'm bothering to reply. I really don't get what the fun is about killing someone, who you know can't possibly win, and then feel good about it.

Deleted
    Just make target players more than 5 levels lower (grey-level players) immune to damage from higher-level player sources.

Of course, I recall a Mod mentioning that PvP servers are a world filled with war; mercy isn't shown to weaker enemies IRL and there should be no reason why weaker enemies should be shown mercy in a game, according to him.

What was it he said again? "Let the blood flow"?

I fail to see the logic in the transformation aspect of this. It sounds like it could be fun as an option but I don't think it works as a forced mechanic.

intriguing, but i dont think it would work in wow though.
    Did give me an idea for a cool mmo though, start out as a ghost, and you go out into the world and inhabit the creatures to be your char. Can sacrifice your host to get new ones as your ghost levels up.
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "

Deleted
    Why not -honor when you kill someone lower than you? Dishonorable kills.

---------- Post added 2012-12-11 at 03:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    First thought on how to break this:
    1. Find a lowbie.
    2. Gank them.
    3. Run out of the zone.
    4. Find a lowbie...

Attempt 2: Chain gank.
    1. Level a selection of characters, on different accounts, to level 90.
    2. Find a lowbie on max char A.
    3. Gank them.
    4. Activate my bot for the character, setting them running out of the zone. When they transform back it's set to mount them and fly them back to "base camp".
    5. Find a lowbie on max char B...

Sorry OP; it's a nice idea but I think there are too many very easy ways to break it.
    Do you really see anyone having the patience to bother all that you listed? Sounds really dull to me.

Why cant they just levelcap by zone again ?

For those wanting to gank lowbies, you'll already have a huge advantage over people leveling there simply by being max level 'for the zone' and pvp geared.

I think that by combining this with 'doing away with pvp/rp servers' and simply replacing them with optional flag stats, would help restore a semblance of world pvp.

Just think, if the only people in a zone were flagged for pvp BECAUSE THEY WANTED TO, and not because their friends were on that server, and overall the alliance & horde were balanced in strength in the zone... it might make for more entertaining skirmishes. (especially if Blizz actually added some dynamic goals in the zones, a little better then the shieldwall stuff at least).