Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    This is silly. Stop portraying Blizzard as some unfair evil company. People move abroad all the time, you're not special. It's unusual for an account to log in from international points other than hackers, so they watch this stuff to make sure you're not a hacker.

Try actually talking to Blizzard like a reasonable human being and drop the attitude and preconceived notions as if you're being persecuted or wronged.
    Sorry for going a little off topic, but this really irritates me.

Imagine you just bought the new expansion and are trying to log in to wow after a weekly maintenance only to find out that your account is banned, you can't even access the website and there's no email, using a proxy service finally grants you access to battlenet support forums and there's no response from blizzard.
    And about a week later finally they decided to release a statement:

"Its not your account. Its blizzy's account, ...
    And yeah no refunds."

Read this

Stealing money from some kids who are at the other side of the world right after they paid for the expansion which by the way was alot more expensive for them.
    Yeah I say unfair evil company.
    Last edited by usgroup1; 2012-12-11 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post
    Its not your account.

Its blizzy's account and they can play volley ball with it after you paid 2 years of full sub .. just because they woke up feeling like it.

Next !
    I think I'd love to see them try that. I dont dispute that they could do it, but bring that to a Judge and he'll look at their ToU and EULA and be like. "Uhh.. No. Player Time has value too." It was already litigated against Mythic who lost horribly and had to reinstate the account. Dont think any company is above the law, ever.

Deleted
    Well they made you sign it , means you are all perfectly fine if they completely wipe out the accounts without any reason.

You cant actually report anything.

You either sign , or you dont.

We are in a grown up world, not some i-take-back-what-i-said childish game.

Verba volant, scripta manent.

Quote Originally Posted by usgroup1 View Post
    Sorry for going a little off topic, but this really irritates me.

Imagine you just bought the new expansion and are trying to log in to wow after a weekly maintenance only to find out that your account is banned, you can't even access the website and there's no email, using a proxy service finally grants you access to battlenet support forums and there's no response from blizzard.
    And about a week later finally they decided to release a statement:

"Its not your account. Its blizzy's account, ...
    And yeah no refunds."

Read this

Stealing money from some kids who are at the other side of the world right after they paid for the expansion which by the way was alot more expensive for them.
    Yeah I say unfair evil company.
    please shut up you're misinformed. blizzard had NOTHING to do with iran not being able to play the government there blocked it because they thought the game was "bad" blizzard has stated multiple times that they had nothing to do with it and if it were up to them they would all be able to play but its not up to them because iran thinks wow is bad also it was done without any notice to blizzard they just did it blizzard didnt know anymore then the people playing

---------- Post added 2012-12-11 at 05:42 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by LichslayerX View Post
    I think I'd love to see them try that. I dont dispute that they could do it, but bring that to a Judge and he'll look at their ToU and EULA and be like. "Uhh.. No. Player Time has value too." It was already litigated against Mythic who lost horribly and had to reinstate the account. Dont think any company is above the law, ever.
    you dont pay to own the account you pay to allow blizzard to let you access the game there have been multiple court cases where people tried to claim "player time has value" against blizzard all have failed horribly
    Last edited by Immitis; 2012-12-11 at 10:45 AM.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post
    Well they made you sign it , means you are all perfectly fine if they completely wipe out the accounts without any reason.

You cant actually report anything.

You either sign , or you dont.

We are in a grown up world, not some i-take-back-what-i-said childish game.

Verba volant, scripta manent.
    Actually that falls under Illegality in Contracts. Look up adhesion contracts. I agree if the Game remained the same? Yep. You'd be right. But the minute they held hostage your account and forced a re-sign of the contract without a refund option. It went illegal and open for Debate. Silly or not duress is a valid defense. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    please shut up you're misinformed. blizzard had NOTHING to do with iran not being able to play the government there blocked it because they thought the game was "bad" blizzard has stated multiple times that they had nothing to do with it and if it were up to them they would all be able to play but its not up to them because iran thinks wow is bad

---------- Post added 2012-12-11 at 05:42 AM ----------

you dont pay to own the account you pay to allow blizzard to let you access the game there have been multiple court cases where people tried to claim "player time has value" against blizzard all have failed horribly

Now your just making crap up. There havent been any vs. Blizzard yet except that dumb Authenticator issue. Mythos Case decided it and that is why Blizzard settles out of court. And dont tell people to shut up because you disagree with them. Or are you fishing for a infraction mate?

Just contact Blizzard & you shouldn't have a problem. I moved from the US to Canada & never had an issue. My son now travels between the 2 countries (home in Canada & college in the US) & he never has issues either. Sometimes Blizzard will temp lock his account but usually just an automated password reset fixes it. We have had to occasionally call Blizzard but neither of our accounts has ever been perma banned.

Quote Originally Posted by LichslayerX View Post
    Actually that falls under Illegality in Contracts. Look up adhesion contracts. I agree if the Game remained the same? Yep. You'd be right. But the minute they held hostage your account and forced a re-sign of the contract without a refund option. It went illegal and open for Debate. Silly or not duress is a valid defense. xD

Now your just making crap up. There havent been any vs. Blizzard yet except that dumb Authenticator issue. Mythos Case decided it and that is why Blizzard settles out of court. And dont tell people to shut up because you disagree with them. Or are you fishing for a infraction mate?
    actually there has been it doesnt pop up often because most people ralize how stupid it would be to try but over the years there has been a couple cases all pretty much ended up with "none of it is your property go away"

also in this case i think its appropriate to tell someone to shut up spreading flase information is worse then spreading none, his post said blizzard decided to shut down the site on their own due to us laws and that they continued to sell items to iranian players even though they knew they wouldnt be able to use them which is false. it had nothing to do with the us, blizzard wasnt given any notice, and if it were up to them they wouldve let them play but they cut off access to all blizzard sites without telling anyone it had nothing to do with blizz and all to do with a country censoring content on the internet they felt was "bad"
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    I had this problem when I logged in from a hotel network. Its a measure to prevent theft of an account. Just contact blizzard and tell them you moved, and they will open it again quickly. If your location suddenly changes to the other side of the world, a red flag goes up for account theft.
    Cerunnir - Frost/Blood Death Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Cerunnir View Post
    I had this problem when I logged in from a hotel network. Its a measure to prevent theft of an account. Just contact blizzard and tell them you moved, and they will open it again quickly. If your location suddenly changes to the other side of the world, a red flag goes up for account theft.
    thats what i thought it was at first but he said hes been there for 2 years so i wouldnt know what the problem was since ive never heard of that happening unless he meant hes gone inbetween for the past 2 years then it would make sense

I been "banned" like this few times, every time when I was abroad, then I logged in my Bnet account and was asked to explain that it is me with answering my secret question and I got my account back, all this is happening is to try to stop hackers from logging in your account and cleaning it from different location. just contact Blizzard and talk to them and you will be just fine.

Sorry about my bad English.

---------- Post added 2012-12-11 at 11:08 AM ----------

thats what i thought it was at first but he said hes been there for 2 years so i wouldnt know what the problem was since ive never heard of that happening unless he meant hes gone inbetween for the past 2 years then it would make sense
    that often happens if you are on dynamic IP and it get's changed during your gameplay, you log out and log back in like few sec later and get that message because Blizzard thinks something is not right with your account.

Deleted
    You've been playing for two years and you're on a trial account?

10+ Year Old Account
    From what I can gather from the OP's post, it sounds like he's saying his main account is not/has not been subbed for quite some time (possibly the entire 2 years) and he decided he wanted to play so he hopped on one of his trial accounts instead of resubbing his main account, just to find they banned his trial accounts.

He sounds like he's concerned about resubbing/trying to play his main account because he thinks it will be banned too based on his location.

Obviously, I agree with the others that say to contact Blizzard and talk to them. Don't make them out to be evil. This is a security measure they're taking to protect your account, not to purposely lock you out. If they see one registered location for the account and then suddenly see it logged on from across the world, their first (and probably most logical) reaction is going to be assuming that a hacker is trying to get into the account. The second reaction would be assuming that the owner has gone halfway across the world from his registered location and is trying to log on, but that's something that can be easily proved after contacting them.

Deleted
    Lol this happened to me when I tried to play on my laptop at my parents house 10 km from my home. I just had to answer my SQ and everything where fine after that

Deleted
    i think they do it because some countries have different laws about online gaming and such, like in some EU countries people cannot do RaF so they change the location on their account so they can use it. blizzard doesn't like it when you do that for some reason. maybe they can get into trouble who knows.

please shut up you're misinformed. blizzard had NOTHING to do with iran not being able to play the government there blocked it because they thought the game was "bad" blizzard has stated multiple times that they had nothing to do with it and if it were up to them they would all be able to play but its not up to them because iran thinks wow is bad also it was done without any notice to blizzard they just did it blizzard didnt know anymore then the people playing
    No, Iraninan government had nothing to do with it, it's not only Iran anyway (Syria, Sudan?), You are thinking that because in the first day that happened some idiot who thought it was Iranian government's censorship made a thread here in mmochampion.
    You want more proof.. recently they send this to the leftover accounts they are hunting down

Blizzard Entertainment is legally restricted from doing business in certain countries, including Iran and Syria. As a result, our Battle.net website and games do not permit connection from those countries. If you had a recurring subscription, it has been removed.

Blizzard is required to take these steps to comply with U.S Law. This also prevents us from providing any refunds, credits, transfers, or other service options to accounts in these countries.

We appreciate your understanding on this matter. As we have no other information to provide, additional inquiries related to this matter may not receive a response.

Regards,

Blizzard Customer Support
    Last edited by usgroup1; 2012-12-11 at 06:27 PM.

It depends where you live. In Korea there is laws protecting gamer's blizzard has to obey them TOS be damed.

Blizzard has lost to there laws many times even here recent with Diablo 3.

It all depends where you live at on how/If you can fight the TOS of any game.

The Tos is not above the law and it has been proven many times.

Weather or not this broke any law in korea is another story and because the account was not made in korea it still mite not be able to help you.

I would contact blizzard good chance they will do a region change.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Account registered in US. Moved to Mexico 2.5 years ago and haven't had any issues.

fax them an ID I did it from Afghanistan
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandaemic View Post
    “Oh, do a daily? Just do a daily? Why don’t I strap on my daily helmet and squeeze down into a daily cannon and fire off into daily land, where quests grow on little dailies?!”

Be prepared to jump through flaming hoops blind folded in attempts to prove the account is yours. Next.. Good luck

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    It depends where you live. In Korea there is laws protecting gamer's blizzard has to obey them TOS be damed.

Blizzard has lost to there laws many times even here recent with Diablo 3.

It all depends where you live at on how/If you can fight the TOS of any game.

The Tos is not above the law and it has been proven many times.

Weather or not this broke any law in korea is another story and because the account was not made in korea it still mite not be able to help you.

I would contact blizzard good chance they will do a region change.
    they don't do region changes