Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonte912 View Post
    why would homosexuals even want to get married in a church? isn't the bible against homosexuality?
    The same freedom of religion that allows a church to bar same-sex marriage is the same freedom of religion that allows a church to conduct them. The keyword is "freedom". It's up to each church. That's how it works in Canada. While same-sex marriage is legal--and some of Canada's most prominent sects do allow it (eg, United Church of Canada)--some don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Stede View Post
    Well, the headline is miseleading. It seems the issue was that the Church of England and the Church in Wales did not feel it was fair that they be forced to marry homosexual couples in direct opposition to their beliefs. They appealed on the grounds of religious freedom in defense of their religion.

They did not force legislation on other churches or on secular institutions. It seems, in fact, that homosexual marriage will continue to be permitted and performed by law elsewhere in the UK. This seems to be a decent attempt to walk the line of the separation of church and state, in my view.
    Pretty much this. No one should be able to force the churchto marry same-sex couples. By trying to force it, people are mixing church and state in the opposite direction. To people that feel offended by this, make your own branch of a religion.
    Keep The Beats!

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Really don't see why people have such a huge problem with homosexual's. They love people of the same sex, so fucking what... It's not like they are constantly trying to rape you everytime you goto sleep just because you're someone from the same sex or something... I mean like jeez, let them be. Give them rights similar to the rights of different sex couples. Why shouldn't they get the same tax breaks as a man and a woman... they are two different people so whats the problem... they aren't hurting anyone and gay men(atleast from my experience) are actually really good people. Lesbian's I can't really speak for since I only know one personally and I haven't spoken to her for years due to moving away from my hometown.

It's a pity that the business's that call themselves 'churches' to escape tax's don't allow them to to join and are the predominate reason behind homosexuals not being allowed to have an equal position in society.

Honestly could go on a huge rant from that last line proving so many problems that religion causes and the factual inaccuracies of their scriptures but lets be honest these people are deluded and right deep down they accept that fact and continue to believe those lies in order to try and secure themselves a life after death due to their insecurities.

Everyone will die eventually, there is no life after death*. Live today to it's fullest as there is no second chance, no heaven or hell, don't judge people just because they are different, if you must judge people at all judge them on their deeds not their sexuality.

* I've been clinically dead for 3minutes(from drowning) and I can confirm there is only peaceful nothingness while you're dead. Sorry to disappoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    This is why i will fight tooth and nail to block gay mariage in the US. You have gone from getting what you wanted to now attacking religion. Just because the government is trying to be fair does not make it morally right. When you attack any church even islam i will stand up for them. No religion shpuld be forced by the outside world to follow anything because you dont have any backing for it. Just because your body is some how and fpr some reason broken and some other people are doesnt make it morally right and ok.
    Do you share the same view on handicapped/disabled people as well (that they are wrong/evil)? Just curious.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

First of all no im not a bible literist. I follow the new testament to the best of my abilities in current societies. Ive also done research on the culture at the time to why some of the things were instituted.

I wasnt mad about the article at all its what should have happened. I got set pff by posters saying bring it up with ypur church and my blood is boiling over it. You dont have the right to fight for a religion to change to fit your beliefs.

Deleted
    This is why i will fight tooth and nail to block gay mariage in the US. You have gone from getting what you wanted to now attacking religion. Just because the government is trying to be fair does not make it morally right. When you attack any church even islam i will stand up for them. No religion shpuld be forced by the outside world to follow anything because you dont have any backing for it. Just because your body is some how and fpr some reason broken and some other people are doesnt make it morally right and ok.

Lol broken???? How ignorant must you be?? Might I ask you something sir? Are you by any chance a bibal literalist/ born again christian??

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khraine View Post
    they should marry somebody of the opposite sex
    Haha, oh god my sides.
    It's hilarious because in your biggot homophobic brain you somehow believe that homosexuality is a choice still. I'm a straight man myself but i live with an open minded outlook on other peoples sexuality because it doesn't effect me if they're married but for them it's a HUGE deal.

"Homosexuality occurs in 400 species, homophobia in just one."

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khraine View Post
    And yes being homosexual is a lifestyle choice, i don't believe that its genetic. Calling somebody homophobic who lives around and is related to gays is insulting.
    The whole "But I have gay friends" or "I have black friends" does not absolve a person from potentially being homophobic or racist.

And when people talk about "choice", they're talking about desire. Not actions. Clearly, we all choose who we get into relationships with. We don't, however, seem to have the ability to choose whom we want to have relationships with. That's the key really. So while you might choose whether or not to sleep with some woman, you're not "choosing" to want to do that. That pull--that desire--is there without your choosing. It's just part of your being.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Does the head of the Anglican Church not have any authority over church practice? Even as a figurehead, just speaking her mind about it could enact some considerable change. But I know she doesn't like to put her nose into politics in any kind of public way.
    The Queen is famous for not saying shit when it comes to politics.

Too right, it's awesome having a head of state who is not obsessed with self image or climbing the greasy pole of a political career.

The power of the Anglican Church rests with the Bishops and Synod, let them do what they want - some areas are pro some are anti - a split in the CofE is likely due to this, and female priests, etc.

So you are declaring Jihad?

Deleted
    First of all no im not a bible literist. I follow the new testament to the best of my abilities in current societies. Ive also done research on the culture at the time to why some of the things were instituted.

I wasnt mad about the article at all its what should have happened. I got set pff by posters saying bring it up with ypur church and my blood is boiling over it. You dont have the right to fight for a religion to change to fit your beliefs.
    Just as they don't have the right to demand your church to do anything, you have no right to proclaim them broken because they are different to you.

Every religion on the planet, preaches love and tolerance.

Almost every religion on this planet hates homosexuality.

I genuinely don't pay attention to anyone who claims to be religious. You've got to be a fool to even believe that hypocritical nonsense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moarfail View Post
    Really don't see why people have such a huge problem with homosexual's. They love people of the same sex, so fucking what... It's not like they are constantly trying to rape you everytime you goto sleep just because you're someone from the same sex or something... I mean like jeez, let them be. Give them rights similar to the rights of different sex couples. Why shouldn't they get the same tax breaks as a man and a woman... they are two different people so whats the problem... they aren't hurting anyone and gay men(atleast from my experience) are actually really good people. Lesbian's I can't really speak for since I only know one personally and I haven't spoken to her for years due to moving away from my hometown.

It's a pity that the business's that call themselves 'churches' to escape tax's don't allow them to to join and are the predominate reason behind homosexuals not being allowed to have an equal position in society.

Honestly could go on a huge rant from that last line proving so many problems that religion causes and the factual inaccuracies of their scriptures but lets be honest these people are deluded and right deep down they accept that fact and continue to believe those lies in order to try and secure themselves a life after death due to their insecurities.

Everyone will die eventually, there is no life after death*. Live today to it's fullest as there is no second chance, no heaven or hell, don't judge people just because they are different, if you must judge people at all judge them on their deeds not their sexuality.

* I've been clinically dead for 3minutes(from drowning) and I can confirm there is only peaceful nothingness while you're dead. Sorry to disappoint.
    I don't think people will take your word for it that there is nothing after life. Many say so and many say there's more.
    People should be allowed to be with whoever they want to be with but they should also accept that not everyone will agree with what they do.
    As long as people don't go out of line by physically abusing or bullying, people can be as against it as they please.

Quote Originally Posted by Piggo View Post
    I personally don't consider it 'right' either. The relation between a woman and a man is what kept the human race going for thousands of years. Coming now and saying same sex marriage is normal is a way to mask the weirdness of the situation, if you ask me.
    How is it not right? Homosexuality provides additional avenues of social bonding within the community without the risk of adding more dependents (children). Having a minority of the population prefer homosexual relations is completely normal for the human species. Ultimately, it's a couple who love each other and is willing to be there for each other through thick and thin. That is the foundation of human society.

The human race is not in danger of dying out from lack of sexual reproduction, that is just a ridiculous thing to bring up. The situation is only weird to you, because you made it so for yourself.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would highly suggest that you do some research first before fighting against something out of a complete misunderstanding. For example, please find me any country with legal same-sex marriage that is forcing churches to conduct same-sex weddings. Hint--you won't find any. Just about all modern/1st world nations have protections for freedom of religion, and the U.S. is no different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sexuality is a grey area, do not fret about it.

The Romans and Greeks had the right idea, fuck man or woman and not be labelled.

Well, you'd fight tooth and nail for something that has jack shit to do with the article. The fight for gay marriage in the US is about civil rights and doesn't really have much regard either way for forcing religious institutions to perform ceremonies. If that's your major hangup, then let's make a deal because I can tell you that the real fight is over legal marriage, not so much forcing religions to be inclusive.

That's what you get when you mix state and religion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some people are born gay/straight, some people choose to be gay/straight.

Nature and nurture baby.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    that is the ground of religion.

Did you know all three Abrahamic Religions teach Prejudice and segregation. So it's nothing new the headline should read: Religion hates people who are different, news at eleven.