BLESS...any new news?

Anyone seen this new Korean MMO coming out supposedly sometime in 2013? I believe its currently being "westernized" by a company called NEOWIZ. It looks pretty epic, I'm sure it will be a solid grindfest, but that really doesn't me that much if there's enough group content and its fun to play. It's using the unreal engine which is pretty sick, and I've seen a couple of gameplay videos that look solid as well.

I read somewhere that there was an english website up, but everytime i clicked the redirect link it forwarded me to a korean webpage anyone have a link to the english version? What are your thoughts about the game?

http://www.neowizgames.com/gstar2012/Bless/ <- That's about it for now I think.

The trailer looks pretty amazing.. But that doesn't really say much.
    i5 2500K | MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600MHz

It looks damn good. Have it bookmakred as a game to try on release.

Absolutely gorgeous looking.

Deleted
    Is it F2P or what?

ya this game looks awesome
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc-...A-wvKAaFacq_gA
    Check out my youtube channel for WoW lore videos and more!

Am I the only one who sees how to train a dragon scenes?

0:58, when they have to dodge all the pillars in the movie while riding with the girl then come up and it's sunsetting and pretty and she's like woah.
    0:38, when they're falling fast they do the exact same thing in the same way.

not saying they copied it just saying it's similar, I probably love the movie way too much.

Deleted
    if it's F2P when it's released i'll give this game a shot, looks epic but like Noctix said a trailer doesn't say much

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Gameplay:

Looks like TERA without TERA's awesome twitch combat. Unless they've got an awesome questing, dungeon, and raid system at launch I'll probably pass on this one.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

Deleted
    Ok this game looks sick... any fansites up already?

It looks amazing, though haven't heard any recent news about it in the past several months.

Quote Originally Posted by Profyrion View Post
    Gameplay:

Looks like TERA without TERA's awesome twitch combat. Unless they've got an awesome questing, dungeon, and raid system at launch I'll probably pass on this one.
    /shrug

Tera is interesting in that it has an extremely high skill cap, to the point where the best players can mitigate an extreme amount of damage by just being awesome. Same with other full action combat games like Vindictus.
    The thing is, at higher levels of game play in full action combat games, they become extremely punishing for those who are not skilled. The transition from, say, dodge tanking as a bear druid in a second generation MMO like wow to dodge tanking as a warrior in a third generation MMO like tera in pretty unpaletable for a lot of MMO players.
    There's a simular reaction to having to aim abilities. After 8 years of WoW aiming abilities for MMOers, it's pretty hard to convince them to try a MMO that involves aiming.

So a lot of games settle for a middle ground where there's a lot of weak, fast, practically unavoidable attacks that peck at a players health (akin to white damage) and slow telegraphed abilities that are expected to be dodged. Gw2, wildstar, neverwinter, and a few others do this. Now, Tera does have fast, weak attacks but really good players can 100 to 0 BAMs... You can't do that in games that aim for a hybrid. The benifits of the hybrid is that it has a lower skill cap in terms of movement and doding and thus an easier transition for MMOers.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    /shrug

Tera is interesting in that it has an extremely high skill cap, to the point where the best players can mitigate an extreme amount of damage by just being awesome. Same with other full action combat games like Vindictus.
    The thing is, at higher levels of game play in full action combat games, they become extremely punishing for those who are not skilled. The transition from, say, dodge tanking as a bear druid in a second generation MMO like wow to dodge tanking as a warrior in a third generation MMO like tera in pretty unpaletable for a lot of MMO players.
    There's a simular reaction to having to aim abilities. After 8 years of WoW aiming abilities for MMOers, it's pretty hard to convince them to try a MMO that involves aiming.

So a lot of games settle for a middle ground where there's a lot of weak, fast, practically unavoidable attacks that peck at a players health (akin to white damage) and slow telegraphed abilities that are expected to be dodged. Gw2, wildstar, neverwinter, and a few others do this. Now, Tera does have fast, weak attacks but really good players can 100 to 0 BAMs... You can't do that in games that aim for a hybrid. The benifits of the hybrid is that it has a lower skill cap in terms of movement and doding and thus an easier transition for MMOers.
    Is it my idea, or this game is tab targeting and not free form? Oo

Quote Originally Posted by Recruiter1 View Post
    Is it my idea, or this game is tab targeting and not free form? Oo
    It looks like a hybrid like gw2 or wildstar.

If you notice, the guy does attacks without anyone targeted sometimes and other abilities require targetting. It's probably like, most ranged attacks are autoaimed whereas melee attacks require directing.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like every other mmo ever made. I don't understand...when will developers realize that the next big thing will be something that's different? The point of an mmo is to approximate reality with added fantastical elements. Continuing with things like the same old questing system, mob placement, etc is not moving past the current stage of mmo development.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Looks like every other mmo ever made. I don't understand...when will developers realize that the next big thing will be something that's different? The point of an mmo is to approximate reality with added fantastical elements. Continuing with things like the same old questing system, mob placement, etc is not moving past the current stage of mmo development.
    Well i personally seek an mmo that has the absolute basics but done PROPERLY... i cba to play mmo's that are trying to differentiate them selves for the sake of differentiation. I want good and game content, yes i want raids that will involve everything... Movement challenging fights, tactical fights, dps races, etc. all these in very nice graphics (we are in 2013 for crying out loud).

I want classes to be unique, truly unique, each one of them to bring different things on the table, i want cool abilities with good animations, i want crafting that will make sense to be there, in general i want things that DO EXIST now, implemented BETTER.

Regarding questing, i think options is the key, just give players options so they wont get bored, ofc there can be quests like kill 10 bears and 5 rabbits, but there should also be other stuff like public events that will have meaning. Make questing dungeons harder but much more rewarding, develop a proper pvp leveling system, etc.

Do the basics right first and then worry about differentiation

On topic now:

I favor tab targeting tbh, i think it gives room for better structure fights, not that i would have a problem with a sort of free form targeting, i just dont like that most of the free form abilities are aoe aswell. i guess a distinction would be the key, some abilities should be single target with "tab" and some others free form. i truly hope that bless will go this way.