Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    Deleted

Oregon mall shooting

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/12/11/us...mall-shooting/

Authorities believe at least one person was killed in the shooting at the Clackamas Town Center mall, said James Rhodes of the Clackamas County Sheriff's Office.

The shooter "has been neutralized," Rhodes said, and there is no longer active shooting at the mall. He declined to comment when asked whether the gunman had been killed.

"Multiple victims" were shot, said Public Safety Director Steve Campbell of the city of Happy Valley. There were 10 ambulances on scene after the shooting, Randy Lauer of American Medical Response said.

One witness told KOIN she saw a man wearing a hockey mask jogging through Macy's and wielding an assault rifle.

Bet you 10 internet cookies it was not an assault rifle, but some sort of AR.

Didn't really want to be the one to post this But yeah, not really surprised by this kinda thing anymore.

I'm guessing he didn't want to pay $10 for a picture with Santa?

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some of my old guildees live in that area!

I am wondering if by them saying that the "shooter has been neutralized" if he was in fact the one that was killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryssy View Post
    Some of my old guildees live in that area!

I am wondering if by them saying that the "shooter has been neutralized" if he was in fact the one that was killed.
    It's possible he or she is dead, but I think it's pretty clear that one person other than the shooter was killed during the incident.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    NBC is now saying that at least 3 are dead as a result.

15+ Year Old Account
    One of the witnesses said the Shooter yelled, 'I am the shooter!' as he ran into the mall, BEFORE the shooting started.

O.o ok...

Quote Originally Posted by Palmatum View Post
    It's possible he or she is dead, but I think it's pretty clear that one person other than the shooter was killed during the incident.
    we contacted them on facebook, they're fine

---------- Post added 2012-12-11 at 08:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Al3sinth View Post
    One of the witnesses said the Shooter yelled, 'I am the shooter!' as he ran into the mall, BEFORE the shooting started.

O.o ok...
    gogo preemptive insanity plea!

10+ Year Old Account
    Just had someone at work, earlier today, again claiming that Obama was going to "take our guns away." Now usually I just take a deep breath but I wasn't having it today. So I reminded him that we let wackos shoot us in our theaters, malls, schools, rallies, and even shoot our presidents. Yet with all that justification, we still have not had our guns taken away? So, no, our guns are not going to be taken away. Get home and what do I see? Another wacko giving us another reason to take our guns away, but they still won't be.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Reported that shooter and at least two others are dead. Updates as they come in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Queue the gun grabbers and Only in America comments.
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sad that this is becoming so common that it is no longer a question of if, but when the next one is. Always just hope for minimal deaths. Fucking morbid.
    I like sandwiches

10+ Year Old Account
    This is my hometown, I grew up shopping in that mall. Very scary. :/ Wondering what the shooter's motive was... Wonder if the people he killed were people he knew or just random people.

Icon made by leia06 from livejournal.com.

Another shooting in this country, more news at 11. Come on, these things are getting common now that I'm not even surprised.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

more innocent victims to the gun lobby of the USA. how many more victims do we need 10 million before we get some damn gun laws that makes our street safe from idiots with guns. Idiots without guns isnt a major problem Idiots WITH guns is a problem see what the trigger point is remove gun problem solved.

It is depressing when you live in a first world country and think "Oh just another mall shooting" "Just another school shooting" "Just another public shooting". It's ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    more innocent victims to the gun lobby of the USA. how many more victims do we need 10 million before we get some damn gun laws that makes our street safe from idiots with guns. Idiots without guns isnt a major problem Idiots WITH guns is a problem see what the trigger point is remove gun problem solved.
    You need to understand one thing, there is a lot of guns in USA atm so people who really want to kill a bunch of people will be able to get a gun regardless of any laws.

Quote Originally Posted by ovm33 View Post
    Queue the gun grabbers and Only in America comments.

It is the truth USA have about 40 times the firearm related death / 100,000 population / year compared to UK. So you dont think guns and how freely they are around might have some connection to this number. I mean it is like you have a 1 liter bottle of water and put in 600 grams of sugar in it and call it still unsweetened when we fail to connect the dots on shitload of guns and shitloads of gun deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    Remove idiots ?

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    It is depressing when you live in a first world country and think "Oh just another mall shooting" "Just another school shooting" "Just another public shooting". It's ridiculous.
    That's what you get when a country is created with lax gun ownership laws in mind. Our founding fathers saw it fit to allow guns for everyone, but they were unable to predict that their silly little guns would evolve into machines of mass murder.