Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,132

    [PvP] Every time someone complain about burst

    So, everytime someone complains about burst in PvP now I think of how it was back in Vanilla...

    When you saw someone in epics (Or even blue gear) and was scared as f*ck because you knew you'd gonna be raped..
    And then it wasnt even burst, it was pretty much the high crits that screwed you over ^^

    For an example I'll add a Pat video here: Pat's HW vid full HW gear, and pretty much trampling everyone x]

    Ahh dem good old days, huh? My self was a rogue with The Lobotomizer and was pretty much one or two shotting cloth users, and that dagger was easy to obtain :P


    The reason I made this thread was because I was talking with someone yesterday that said this: "God damn I hate the burst in PvP now, it was so much better back in Vanilla!" Like realy? :P

    What are your memories of Vanilla PvP? Or any other expansion, lets share some good old memories together!

    *EDIT*
    Feel free to add some video clips, makes it more fun

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Legendary! Treelife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    6,997
    Yeah, I used to play my brother's Rogue (before I got my own account) in Vanilla. He was in full PvE gear (t2+), using the PvP swords as Combat. It was just amazing watching multiple people stand together for me to just Blade Flurry, you know back when it was a cooldown, and just destroy all of them as they stood together.

    Oh, Mr Warrior you want to stand next to that Priest? Hah, thanks, I just do the same damage to you as I do on him. :3

    But yeah, I do find it funny when people say that they wish it were as balanced as it were in Vanilla. It just makes me laugh, they obviously didn't play if they thought it was balanced. A lot of classes global'd each other, or were permanently CCd (the joy I had from perfecting the stun lock as a Rogue!).
    Last edited by Treelife; 2012-12-14 at 09:26 AM.

  4. #4
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,132
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Yeah, I used to play my brother's Rogue (before I got my own account) in Vanilla. He was in full PvE gear (t2+), using the PvP swords as Combat. It was just amazing watching multiple people stand together for me to just Blade Flurry, you know back when it was a cooldown, and just destroy all of them as they stood together.

    Oh, Mr Warrior you want to stand next to that Priest? Hah, thanks, I just do the same damage to you as I do on him. :3
    Haha indeed x] I only did PvP though, so the best PvE items I had was from ZG and AQ20 ^^ Think I downed 2-3 bosses in MC :P So didnt have the best gear, but got to rank 11 and had full blue pvp gear, was pretty sick! And lobotomizer and the WSG (I think?) dagger, and then the WSG swords when I was playing combat :P

  5. #5
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    281
    I was a warlord warrior with the first draconic avenger on the server, yes... i was badass. I could kill some people with a mortal strike crit. But when i met this highwarlord mage in BGs he would PoM pyro my ass - killing me in one crit also. Haha!

  6. #6
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,132
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadde111 View Post
    I was a warlord warrior with the first draconic avenger on the server, yes... i was badass. I could kill some people with a mortal strike crit. But when i met this highwarlord mage in BGs he would PoM pyro my ass - killing me in one crit also. Haha!
    That's how PvP was back then, get the first hit - or hit the dirt! Loved it, good thing there was no arena though x] (Except Gurubashi, if I spelled that right)

  7. #7
    Last edited by mmmmmmmBacon; 2012-12-14 at 10:04 AM.

  8. #8
    Old God apepi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mostly harmless
    Posts
    10,760
    Never played classic wow but ti reminds me of this video.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

  9. #9
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,132
    Quote Originally Posted by mmmmmmmBacon View Post
    Haha, Ret palas - Gods of RNG x] Shit, we could do some crazy dmg if we got lucky :P

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    Haha, Ret palas - Gods of RNG x] Shit, we could do some crazy dmg if we got lucky :P
    Well, with Reckoning, we did crazy damage when whoever was attacking us got lucky.

  11. #11
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,132
    Quote Originally Posted by mmmmmmmBacon View Post
    Well, with Reckoning, we did crazy damage when whoever was attacking us got lucky.
    How was it Reckoning was working, forgot:P Only had a pala alt the last few months of Vanilla

  12. #12
    The first reckoning was sick and unbalanced like F*uck.

    Everytime somebody would crit you, you would get 1 stack of reckoning, making your next autoattack hit "double" so to speak. With every crit taken, you would get 1 stack. 5 Stacks would mean 5 additional swings. YOu get the idea.

    Now imagine a rogue and pala abusing this with endless duels.. multiple broken daggers of the rogue and a recking bomb on Kazzak (world boss in vanilla)...

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    How was it Reckoning was working, forgot:P Only had a pala alt the last few months of Vanilla
    Talent tooltip: Gives you a 20/40/60/80/100% chance to gain a bonus attack after being the victim of a critical strike.

    What could actually happen: If you were currently swinging against a target, it would only reset your swing timer. If you weren't, you would gain the bonus swing as a charge on your next swing. At first this wasn't capped, hence this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqPQ4SNmx2c

    Within 24 hours of that Kazzak kill, Reckoning was hotfixed to being capped at 4 bonus swings (5 swings total in one Reckoning 'bomb'). Still more than enough swings to kill rogues in a single swing.

  14. #14
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,132
    Haha! No wonder they nerfed it :P Or fixed it rather

  15. #15
    Here's what mmmmmmBacon is talking about:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aX2JEKVn-U4

    Guy solos an at-level 40 man raid boss.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    For an example I'll add a Pat video here: Pat's HW vid full HW gear, and pretty much trampling everyone x]
    Still better than s12 burst in every aspect, at least that warrior have to reach the target and stay on him.


  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    So, everytime someone complains about burst in PvP now I think of how it was back in Vanilla...

    When you saw someone in epics (Or even blue gear) and was scared as f*ck because you knew you'd gonna be raped..
    And then it wasnt even burst, it was pretty much the high crits that screwed you over ^^
    I stopped reading there.


    I remember rarely losing on my rogue, jump or not. Good times..

  18. #18
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,132
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradley View Post
    Still better than s12 burst in every aspect, at least that warrior have to reach the target and stay on him.
    Well, sir. That's bullshit. As in Vanilla you could easly be oneshotted by anyone who had the gear. Now they have to use CDs and build up then one shot u :P
    And no - PvP in Vanilla wasnt better than what it was now, but your opinion - no one is forcing you to do anything anyways

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-14 at 06:42 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackeyecycle View Post
    I stopped reading there.


    I remember rarely losing on my rogue, jump or not. Good times..
    Yes, as long as you got the opener. It was no problem keeping someone stun locked and/or bleed them to death if they where a melee. But gear > skill in Vanilla (pretty much atlesat)

  19. #19
    The Insane peggleftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Berks, UK
    Posts
    15,519
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    Haha, Ret palas - Gods of RNG x] Shit, we could do some crazy dmg if we got lucky :P

    i think shamans were the kings of RNG, maybe windfury will proc and 1 hit, maybe not. was basically a 30% chance to one hit the enemy or not :P

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-14 at 05:44 PM ----------

    my hunter always felt weak in vanilla pvp, kiting was easy but my highest hit was like a 1.5k aimed shot, and that had a 3.5s cast time
    Too cool for a signature

  20. #20
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,132
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i think shamans were the kings of RNG, maybe windfury will proc and 1 hit, maybe not. was basically a 30% chance to one hit the enemy or not :P

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-14 at 05:44 PM ----------

    my hunter always felt weak in vanilla pvp, kiting was easy but my highest hit was like a 1.5k aimed shot, and that had a 3.5s cast time
    Haha true, I remember this one shaman with Sulfaras.. Ahh.. famous dude.
    Anyways - him and WF procs - omg :P
    As someone pointed out earlier, rets actually had to recieve a critt or two to be able to nuke something down. Other than that we only had judgement and SoCasino ^^

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •