Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I am stuck at 5.. haven't seen one in a while now.

Deleted
    So, exactly why does it matter that you may never get the mount before the next expansion?

Seriously, I get the feeling you -and other people complaining in this thread- feel like you should get it at some point.
    Newsflash, skipper: It does not work that way. Some things are RNG on their own, like items and even mounts from boss kills. Others require some effort in grinding, like reputation with factions. And sometimes, just sometimes, you need a bit of luck, some patience, a lot of determination and some time to combine all of these. And even then, you might not always get what you want. Just like in real life.

YOU. ARE. NOT. ENTITLED. TO. IT. ANYWAY.

It's incredibly easy to farm. If I had done it all in 1 sitting it probably wouldn't have even taken 12 hours

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imbalanced View Post
    It's incredibly easy to farm. If I had done it all in 1 sitting it probably wouldn't have even taken 12 hours
    RNG is RNG and just because you had an easy time farming the shards it doesn't mean everybody has. I for one have one char at exalted and one at honored and have farmed those shards once for 4 hours straight (so I've had at least if not even by far more than those 12 hours dedicated to it) and haven't seen a single one on either of my 2 chars.

Deleted
    I've seen Alani being flown around Pandaria on Aerie Peak once.
    And about the skyshards not dropping; This is supposed to be a super rare mount, I'm glad such very few people have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Imbalanced View Post
    Good for you. I have done more that 12 hours worth of killing mobs while doing the dailies, and I'm still at 4 shards.
    RNG is RNG, and some people are just lucky.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Deleted
    I have 5 shards because I decided to farm Golden Lotus rep with the Cache keys, I just can't bring myself to farm any more mobs for the rest. It also sucks that there was an exploit with the Exalted GL quest where you could literally kill 100 mobs a minute abusing the buff, I know a couple of people that sold Alani tags using this method, really stings when you think how much time others have put into it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Needonboots View Post
    Does anyone know someone who has Alani?
    My RL friend who plays a toon named Nightblur on Llane US. He has one or two more days of dailies to get exalted with August Celestials then he can ride it. He got enough shards almost 2 weeks ago.

I only have 3 atm.

http://joekey.deviantart.com Sig by Lilliputia! <3

I think it is also meant to last longer than just 2 or 3 months into the expansion.

I only got 1 shard.

I don't understand why you would want to bot. How is it fun to get things in WoW by doing nothing? At least for me it would diminish the excitement/fun of getting the mount. And it is not like you don't have plenty of time left to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    I think it is also meant to last longer than just 2 or 3 months into the expansion.

I only got 1 shard.

I don't understand why you would want to bot. How is it fun to get things in WoW by doing nothing? At least for me it would diminish the excitement/fun of getting the mount. And it is not like you don't have plenty of time left to get it.
    I don't mind it taking a long time, but I don't want to do something I don't like to get it. I am exalted with GL and got enough charms, so I don't do the dailies anymore. So to get the shards I would have to farm the Mogu. According to wowhead 1 Skyshard takes on average 500 Mogu kills. So that is 5000 for the mount.

Yea.....no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    I'm revered on one character and exalted on another. I don't have any.

The usual "RNG is RNG" mindless reaction aside, it seems they set the drop rate so small that most who do all their Golden Lotus dailies will never have more than a few. She's (?) the TLPD of this expansion.
    RNG is RNG is not mindless. It is a fact.

Now crying about RNG on the interwebz, that is mindless.

Put some effort into it. RNG is RNG.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Guildy has really bad net so he couldn't raid for 3-4 days, he sat for 10 hours or so in those 3-4 days farming mobs for alani. He got like 150 lotus from the spirit of harmonies and got his mount as well.

Not got one shard. I'm not bothered though, because it is meant to be an ultra-rare mount, and I am glad it is being kept that way.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    I'm revered on one character and exalted on another. I don't have any.

The usual "RNG is RNG" mindless reaction aside, it seems they set the drop rate so small that most who do all their Golden Lotus dailies will never have more than a few. She's (?) the TLPD of this expansion.
    TLPD was much MUCH easier, sitting in one spot afk while watching tv or whatever is much easier than farming for these shards.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    around launch I got 3 skyshards, and for quite some time now, havent seen one. now that my gear is decent I tried farming vale mobs, nothing. was the drop rate nerfed? and if so, just how rare are these shards now?
    dont have to bot to get her...

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by XanaduNL View Post
    I don't mind it taking a long time, but I don't want to do something I don't like to get it. I am exalted with GL and got enough charms, so I don't do the dailies anymore. So to get the shards I would have to farm the Mogu. According to wowhead 1 Skyshard takes on average 500 Mogu kills. So that is 5000 for the mount. Yea.....no thanks.
    You just don't want it *that bad* then.
    And that's okay. Just don't start using bots or complain about it

I got to exalted and had gotten 0 shards so I didn't bother anymore

I never liked golden lotus dailies because of how camped everything was from how many people doing them.

I would probably have to the the equivalent of 8-10 grinds to exalted depending on the RNG, so I have literally 0 desire to even attempt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    dont have to bot to get her...
    Exactly, you dont. I know people who got 8 shards in the space of about 4-5 hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    I have never seen any of the shards.
    Few of my guildies have it. They paid a guy on my server 300k for each one.
    Aye mate