Question Windwalkers in PvP - 100% parry?!

Since i am playing on a pvp server i sometimes run into hostile players, and usually it is a 50-50 chance for me to win or lose.

However against Windwalker monks i ALWAYS lose - honestly not because of any spells they cast, but because of the INSANE amount of parry they get from that Sparring passive (or w/e it's name is).
    I fought the same Windwalker monk (lvl 87, same as me) about 4 times in a row, and in EVERY fight he parried over 70% of my attacks.

I actually checked out my Recount to see WTF was happening, and my every attack was parried between between 58% and 73% of the time.
    My combat log looked something like this:
    "PARRIED PARRIED PARRIED PARRIED HIT PARRIED....."
    In 2 out of the 4 duels, i literally could not land a single melee attack on him - EVERYTHING was parried.

As it stands right now i can not even land my stuns to try and disable his parries - even my stuns get parried...
    Is there any counter to this insane parry passive WW have, aside from trying to attack him from behind?

It lasts 10 seconds, and has a 30 second cooldown.

On top of that, it's AT MAX, 20% parry, but it starts at 5%. So I don't know why you're having so many issues.

just a thought, maybe attack from behind?

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Since i am playing on a pvp server i sometimes run into hostile players, and usually it is a 50-50 chance for me to win or lose.

However against Windwalker monks i ALWAYS lose - honestly not because of any spells they cast, but because of the INSANE amount of parry they get from that Sparring passive (or w/e it's name is).
    I fought the same Windwalker monk (lvl 87, same as me) about 4 times in a row, and in EVERY fight he parried over 70% of my attacks.

I actually checked out my Recount to see WTF was happening, and my every attack was parried between between 58% and 73% of the time.
    My combat log looked something like this:
    "PARRIED PARRIED PARRIED PARRIED HIT PARRIED....."
    In 2 out of the 4 duels, i literally could not land a single melee attack on him - EVERYTHING was parried.

As it stands right now i can not even land my stuns to try and disable his parries - even my stuns get parried...
    Is there any counter to this insane parry passive WW have, aside from trying to attack him from behind?
    are you attacking while they use fists of fury? there is a glyph that gives them i think 100% parry while they are casting it, http://www.wowhead.com/item=87892
    Last edited by Valkryx; 2012-12-16 at 07:44 PM.

OP is probably mistaking Sparring for glyphed Fists of Fury which gives 100% parry, and even then it only lasts as long as its channeled duration and is usable every 25 seconds. Sparring itself only gives 15% chance to parry. So really if you seem them start punching rapidly, just wander away (again it's channeled so they can't move without cancelling it) and just toss a self heal or bandage until they realize they're not getting anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by xezar View Post
    OP is probably mistaking Sparring for glyphed Fists of Fury which gives 100% parry, and even then it only lasts as long as its channeled duration and is usable every 25 seconds. Sparring itself only gives 15% chance to parry. So really if you seem them start punching rapidly, just wander away (again it's channeled so they can't move without cancelling it) and just toss a self heal or bandage until they realize they're not getting anywhere.
    Monks can spin around while channeling FoF without cancelling the effect. "Just go behind" doesn't normally work.

Just out range FoF until the cast ends

10+ Year Old Account
    Roll back and let his FoF end, then smack him again, maybe use a few healing spheres while waiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    FoF stuns.
    Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragethorn View Post
    FoF stuns.
    With so many DRs going out, it doesn't always stun you. There are ways to get out of it if you're in it, and there's ways to break it if you see someone caught in one.

Expertise?

" A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities "

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaley View Post
    With so many DRs going out, it doesn't always stun you. There are ways to get out of it if you're in it, and there's ways to break it if you see someone caught in one.
    I'm sure you are absolutely correct, I just thought it was funny no one had mentioned the stun yet.
    Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stats also scale differently at lower levels for some specs that might be giving you the disadvantage. On another note monks are very hard to beat 1on1 due to there utility and sparring.