1. #1

    Challenge mode Gold?

    hi,

    i cant seem to obtain gold in CM where just not fast enough and if we pull more the healer cant keept us up ?
    any tips or hints on how to get gold etc?


    gtrz Cold
    Last edited by Coldarian; 2012-12-13 at 03:51 PM.

    Same Shit Different Day

  2. #2
    Most incomplete post I've seen in a long time.
    What setup are you using? What dps are you pulling? Whats your general strategy?

  3. #3
    Further to that, what CM is it? Your current times?
    Only make passive aggressive posts when it doesn't make you look like a dumbass.

    Flawless - Cats on Ice. Raiding twice a week. Go casual or go home.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Pieterman View Post
    Most incomplete post I've seen in a long time.
    What setup are you using? What dps are you pulling? Whats your general strategy?
    sorry

    me as tank DK
    paladin healer
    monk dps
    dk dps
    hunter dps

    well we try to cc so we dont get butchered with the attacks and this saves the healer a bit we take flasks along food even invisi pots to skip some trash but it seems we just cant make it.
    dps lies around 40-60 k in group myself as tank around 40k (think this is overall to low) ive seen ppl pull 100k+ in CM but dont understand how ( maybe better gear)

    Same Shit Different Day

  5. #5
    Tell your tank to take less damage (by using CDs and common sense) and healer to heal more by playing better.

    Post constructively
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-12-13 at 06:47 PM.

  6. #6
    Brewmaster smegdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,425
    As you are still entirely to vague about which Dungeon, what pulls/bosses are giving you issues, etc.

    Go HERE. Read it all. Watch the vids. Come back with more specific questions

  7. #7
    invisibility potions. watch videos of people who actually make the gold timer, try to catch some tips from that

  8. #8
    and you cannot get better gear for CM, it scale down even legendary gem does not work

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by smegdawg View Post
    As you are still entirely to vague about which Dungeon, what pulls/bosses are giving you issues, etc.

    Go HERE. Read it all. Watch the vids. Come back with more specific questions
    thats not the problem we just dont make the timer in time lets say Moshugan palace :

    we pull the 2 npc in front with us to the 2de pack with 1 dog and kill them off then we go to the next pack ( 2 dogs 3 npc) when they almost dead we jump into the boss room to the boss can express how lovely it is whe get there kill them off all 3 and yes we dont take hits form their abilities.
    we then jump down with aspect and pull the 3 mobs +2 that are standing on top of the stairs.
    we continue to the next hallway and pul the 2 standing at the edge ( not the patrol we skip this).
    if we get past this boss we just run to the elevator and bam we hit silver

    Same Shit Different Day

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldarian View Post
    sorry

    me as tank DK
    paladin healer
    monk dps
    dk dps
    hunter dps

    well we try to cc so we dont get butchered with the attacks and this saves the healer a bit we take flasks along food even invisi pots to skip some trash but it seems we just cant make it.
    dps lies around 40-60 k in group myself as tank around 40k (think this is overall to low) ive seen ppl pull 100k+ in CM but dont understand how ( maybe better gear)
    Considering you have double DK you'll have remorseless winter for pretty much every pull and double army for the hard bits. Defensive cooldowns have to be completely planned out and can't be used whenever you feel like it. Make sure you also use DPS potions as often as possible(though this must also be coordinated with invis pot). If you feel like your DPS is to low there is very little you can do about that. It's a L2P issue...some people know how to do damage and some don't. Try to avoid CC such as hunter traps or paralyse because this slows you down. Also try to let dots finish the last 5-10% of each pack. Make use of swiftness potions and aspect of the pack whenever you can. Use transendance, death's advance, roll, speed of light and disengage to move faster.

    TL;DR every second counts when you're doing gold modes. Plan everything out and keep practicing. It took me 10 hours a day for 5 days straight to get all CM's gold.
    Realm first woop woop!

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldarian View Post
    thats not the problem we just dont make the timer in time lets say Moshugan palace :

    we pull the 2 npc in front with us to the 2de pack with 1 dog and kill them off then we go to the next pack ( 2 dogs 3 npc) when they almost dead we jump into the boss room to the boss can express how lovely it is whe get there kill them off all 3 and yes we dont take hits form their abilities.
    we then jump down with aspect and pull the 3 mobs +2 that are standing on top of the stairs.
    we continue to the next hallway and pul the 2 standing at the edge ( not the patrol we skip this).
    if we get past this boss we just run to the elevator and bam we hit silver
    I pull every mob up to the first boss, LoS them and AoE them down using stuns/cooldowns. Someone triggers the roleplay when the mobs are on 40%~ since it takes a while. After the first boss get someone to pull the scout with sprint and you wait at the pack with the ironhide, do a countdown and use an invis pot with aspect up all the way to the ledge and jump down to engage the 2nd boss. Kill him, run straight to the elevator ignoring the two oracles. Kill the pack outside the hallway, move into the next room when the patrol is gone. Pull the pack in the last boss room + dogs together, stack up so they don't jump around, uses stuns, kill last boss - gold.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Pieterman View Post
    Considering you have double DK you'll have remorseless winter for pretty much every pull and double army for the hard bits. Defensive cooldowns have to be completely planned out and can't be used whenever you feel like it. Make sure you also use DPS potions as often as possible(though this must also be coordinated with invis pot). If you feel like your DPS is to low there is very little you can do about that. It's a L2P issue...some people know how to do damage and some don't. Try to avoid CC such as hunter traps or paralyse because this slows you down. Also try to let dots finish the last 5-10% of each pack. Make use of swiftness potions and aspect of the pack whenever you can. Use transendance, death's advance, roll, speed of light and disengage to move faster.

    TL;DR every second counts when you're doing gold modes. Plan everything out and keep practicing. It took me 10 hours a day for 5 days straight to get all CM's gold.
    Realm first woop woop!

    gz on realm first

    Same Shit Different Day

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegader View Post
    and you cannot get better gear for CM, it scale down even legendary gem does not work
    I was under the impression that gems weren't scaled, or at least scaled "funny"?
    Only make passive aggressive posts when it doesn't make you look like a dumbass.

    Flawless - Cats on Ice. Raiding twice a week. Go casual or go home.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldarian View Post
    thats not the problem we just dont make the timer in time lets say Moshugan palace :

    we pull the 2 npc in front with us to the 2de pack with 1 dog and kill them off then we go to the next pack ( 2 dogs 3 npc) when they almost dead we jump into the boss room to the boss can express how lovely it is whe get there kill them off all 3 and yes we dont take hits form their abilities.
    we then jump down with aspect and pull the 3 mobs +2 that are standing on top of the stairs.
    we continue to the next hallway and pul the 2 standing at the edge ( not the patrol we skip this).
    if we get past this boss we just run to the elevator and bam we hit silver
    Pull more. Pull every single mob right to the first boss and start the encounter immediately. Chain tank cooldowns, healer cooldowns, kite stuff, stun stuff. Sometimes it messes up and you die but you can't afford to play it as safe as that if you want the gold times.

  15. #15
    I missed one thing that helped us out alot. Write down or memorize your time at several 'checkpoints'. Let's take Mogu'Shan Palace for example. Our checkpoints were triggering the first boss, downing the first boss, reaching the scout, downing the second boss, reaching the top of the elevator, reaching the boss' room.

    One final note, if you find a nice cloak, tabard and weapon to go with the DK set, contact me. Currently using Draconic avenger, Tabard of the achiever and phoenix wing cloak

  16. #16
    I say make your monk the healer since its the best healer with the highest dps or take no healers
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." -Hunter S. Thompson

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •