Fel Flame: dot refresher for procs?

In the thread "Aff it too hard" I typed something, which no one replied to directly:
    5.) Remember, your dots do not update on the target when you get a proc, this means in order for your dots to benefit from the proc (or from DarkSoul!), you must re-apply the DoTs after something procs. It's not necessary to do it for EVERY proc(Like windsong), but if you have a Darkmoon trinket and it procs, tailoring cloak enchant, use trinket, etc. it's a good idea to reapply them then.
    Does Fel Flame counts as reapplying dots, or am I supposed to redot each separately?

Quote Originally Posted by DiGG View Post
    In the thread "Aff it too hard" I typed something, which no one replied to directly:

Does Fel Flame counts as reapplying dots, or am I supposed to redot each separately?
    No, you dont want to refresh your dot's like that anyway. That is one of those worst case "oh shit i have to move right now and my dot is about to expire" scenarios.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DiGG View Post

Well normally use fel flame on pulls like this: (prepot)-DS-SB-SS-Haunt-MGxn-(wait for trinkets+JS+Back to proc)-Fel Flame-Agony-Haunt-MFxn.

Outside this, with pandemic and the new KJ there few sistuation where you should use FF.

Ok, didn't know! Ouch... On multi-targets (5+) am I also supposed to refresh each and every mobs like that? With UA having a casting time, surely that's not possible?

Deleted
    For 5+ targets I use normal AoE rotation, keep dots up on main target and corruption on all targets with SB:SoC, spam SoC, if not possible to keep enough range to not overwrite simply alternate targets when spamming SoC.

Using Fel Flame will update your dots to whatever stats you currently have.

Cast Corr on a target. Pop cooldowns. Refresh Corr with fel flame. The corr will now take into account your cooldowns.

Generally speaking you want to hard cast your dots to refresh but the use of fel flame is extremely situational around your procs and whatnot that it tends not to be so cut and dry.

I don't feel like writing a book so just say in most cases hard cast your dots to refresh if you're going to get the full benefit of pandemic or close to it or fel flame if there's 6s or less of benefit from pandemic but the proc will fall off if you don't refresh.

For my opener i tend to do,
    Cooldowns > SB:SS > Haunt > Malefic Grasp > Felflame > Malefic Grasp > Haunt > and than it depends on what the time on my procs are.

If you might lose the proc before you finish recasting. Or if you have haunt on the target already and get another proc. Or if there is some other limited time debuff/buff you need to take advantage of such as struggle for control or garalon's legs at low health.

Just did 2 lfrs, used to ALWAYS use Fel Flame to refresh the dots, now used only maybe 20 times not more... My dps jumped a bit, I'm quite happy, I thought losing time casting each dots would lower my output, but it's not.

I only used Fel Flame on Attenuation on Vizier, and refresh dots on Sha, while dpsing the side shielded mobs. I even finished first (!) on the Sha fight (well, meters on that fight are borked when ppl are ported to the back)... but still was fun, @479 ilvl, for an alt.
    Last edited by DiGG; 2012-12-13 at 11:16 PM.

Deleted
    I only ever fel flame to extend a powerful dot as trinkets drop, and SB:SS to refresh instant when trinkets proc

For example openers on fights, I pre SB, (for the extra shard usage), pot --> haunt--SB:SS, MG til trinket procs, then SB:SS, continue rotation as normal until 3secs left on trinkets (while DS active) then double fel-flame + agony to extend the dots back to 21secs, so dots have the DS affected continue til the next refresh/extend.

Remember Fel-flame doesn't affect agony, only UA/corruption, its up to you to decide whats a greater dps loss (SB:SS to reapply or refresh with fel flame)