Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Avoiding Dread Wastes?

Does anyone have a good route to avoid the Dread Wastes while leveling to 90?

I don't want to go near that hell hole again.

Right now I'm doing Jade Forest > VoTW(for the 700 stam trink)> Krasang Wilds > back to VoTw > Kun'Lai and hope to hit 90 before dread wastes.
    You must become a Master Baiter if you want to want to master the One-eyed Fish of the Dark Caverns!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitehattori View Post
    Does anyone have a good route to avoid the Dread Wastes while leveling to 90?

I don't want to go near that hell hole again.

Right now I'm doing Jade Forest > VoTW(for the 700 stam trink)> Krasang Wilds > back to VoTw > Kun'Lai and hope to hit 90 before dread wastes.
    I just did dungeons till level 87, and then started questing, only had to do Jade forest, VotW and half of Kun'lai summit to be lvl 90.

If I did dungeons while leveling, I would hit 90 around Kun Lai Summit quests, two zones before Dread Wastes. You really shouldn't have a problem avoiding it if you don't want to do it.
    “You have died of dysentery” – Oregon Trail

I did Jade, VotW, Kun-Lai, Townlong, and just started into Dread when I hit 90.. and that was without rest.

Deleted
    I did every single quest, and killed roughly 20 rare monsters, aswell as did all the dungeons atleast twice + found 10+ of those pandaren treasure things wich give 100k+ exp. I still had to go to dread wastes. You cant skip it unless you wait for rested exp or run instances/bg's nonstop. (actually I doubt you can skip it even with rested exp, seeing as I had 5 hours of the monk +20% exp buff from 85-90.

I'm hoping to at least try get there by only doing everyquest, while rested and doing dungeon quests, maybe then its possible.
    You must become a Master Baiter if you want to want to master the One-eyed Fish of the Dark Caverns!

Quote Originally Posted by Chonaire View Post
    I did every single quest, and killed roughly 20 rare monsters, aswell as did all the dungeons atleast twice + found 10+ of those pandaren treasure things wich give 100k+ exp. I still had to go to dread wastes. You cant skip it unless you wait for rested exp or run instances/bg's nonstop. (actually I doubt you can skip it even with rested exp, seeing as I had 5 hours of the monk +20% exp buff from 85-90.
    There is so much wrong in this post... Doing all of jade forest alone will get you from 85 -> Nearly 50% through 86. VOTFW will take you well into 87, Krasarang into 88, Kun Lai into 89, and Townlong will get you into 90 if done right.

Is it that much of an issue?

I didn't have any heirlooms or use holiday items and I went from 85-90 just by completing the first 4 zones. I did Jade Forest, then Valley, then Krasarang, then Kun-Lai.
    I ran maybe 1 dungeon a day and simply did every single quest.

I didn't step a foot into Townlong or Dread Wastes until after I had exalted with Cloud Serpent.

Why skip?
    I did it with full rested experience, does not take long. I did it on 5 characters.

I don't get why you'd skip DW, it's the only zone in Pandaria that actually has a good storyline and decent quest rewards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doubtful. Even if you really did all of those, you should already hit lv 90 long time ago. There is absoutely no way for you to complete "every single" quests, plus instances and still not hit lv 90.

Yea, OP, queue for dungeons non-stop and you'll get to 90 before you start Townlong, if not earlier. That is, if you do all the quests in each zone before that.
    I call bullshit.
    I ran each dungeon once (choosing from specific dungeons' list), got the achievement for Jade Forest (though there still was at least one hub I missed somehow), hit 87 half-way through VotFW, skipped the other half & Krasarang Wilds - went to Kun-Lai, did almost half of it, hit 88 - went to Townlong and Dread Wastes, completed both and went back to Kun-Lai to do ~5 more quests. Boom, 90.

Just started leveling my mage, hit 86 after getting about 1/4 through the Alliance Jinyu questline in Jade Forest because I also ran as many dungeons as possible. That's about 1/7th-1/8th of the whole zone and already at 86.

My Warlock dinged 90 about 10 quests into Kun-lai Summit. 100% Rested the whole way, with Herbalism for gathering XP gains too. I think I ran each dungeon 2-4 times. That was it.

Here's my Lock's profile: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...itliana/simple

Gonna be interesting when I finish Kun-Lai and do Townlong for the Shado-Pan Rep, and similarily Dread Wastes for the Klaxxi rep (since my main has got the Grand Commendations already for all factions).

Oh, and no, Dread Wastes is NOT needed. I hit 90 on my Paladin, with no rested, 3 days after launch, before finishing Townlong Steppes.
    Last edited by ZeroEdgeir; 2012-12-13 at 04:21 AM.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't skip boyz Because of the commendation you will be halfway revered with da Klaxxi by just questing/leveling. Then you only need to do ~5 days of dailies and you've gotten your alt a free epic ring ;x

thats not true i leveled from 85 to 90 only rested a couple times and even then it didnt last very long and only did two dungeons once each for the lore and was 90 before i even got out of kun lai.

to the op if your interested in the story at all once you finish both vot4w and karasang theres this awesome quest chain at the end that kind of acts like the finale to both zones its pretty awesome
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

With rested XP all the way (I find it almost impossible to run out of rested XP), my druid is now 5 bars into 88 and still have 2 major questlines left in Kun-Lai. Haven't touched Townlong, Dread Wastes OR Krasarang Wilds yet. Did a little bit of Archaeology at level 86, but that also eats into your rested XP.

I'm actually thinking of skipping as much of Townlong and Krasarang as possible. They're the only two zones that I dislike.

Easily, I was like halfway to 88 by the time I left Jade Forest + a few dungeons. I hit 90 without even touching Krasarang Wilds and leaving maybe 75% of Kun'lai untouched. I did DW but only my last 4 bars were there to get going on rep.

10+ Year Old Account
    I managed to skip Valley, Wilds and Dread Wastes by queueing for each dungeon to do their quests, or when I want to get that last 15% XP to the next level, and making sure I only quest with rested XP.

I don't think there's any way of avoiding it if you're leveling strictly with quests. I tried it both in beta and live, both to no avail. It's good to hear that other people dispise DW as much as I do .

Deleted
    I dont see why dread wastes is so hated .. i mean seriously ,,, mantis... lot of mantis... mantis !

And mantis dailies are fun .

But i guess its a imo .