Resil Vs Power? which is best?

Hey forum, my first post so be gentle.

So, in the current state of the game, with burst being so high I've noticed that some of the top warriors are gemming alot of resil. I presume to combat the large amount of burst in the game. However, recently I watched a video by Reinheart (DK, Video on youtube) on the benifits of stacking resil. The benifit being that if you have over 67% resil the amount of dmg reduced increases. 40-41% 1.66666% dmg reduction per point, 60-61% 2.5% and 66-67% 3%. He also stated that becuase of the calculations used in dmg modification and reduction that if you have more resil than your opponent than you can do conciderably more dmg than him. Apparently upto 14-15% more dmg. Although, this principle in my mind only works well in a 1v1 situation.

So my question is...will you be stacking as much pvp power as possible or regemming to resil?

My only arguement against stacking resil would be that you may struggle against healers, but what do you think?

Thanks all. please mind any spelling mistakes as this was written on my phone.
    Last edited by rawrfy; 2012-12-13 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Re-directed from warrior forums.

burst or get bursted world, seeing as damage scales far better then mitigation as a whole, more dps is generally the way to go. Without over looking your examples math but it seems he's talking about effective health not resilience reduction

credit to Reinhart.

That's the video, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    burst or get bursted world, seeing as damage scales far better then mitigation as a whole, more dps is generally the way to go. Without over looking your examples math but it seems he's talking about effective health not resilience reduction
    This is completely wrong.

Resil outscales PvP power significantly.

Going from 60% resil to 70% turns a 40k hit into a 30k hit, or 25% less.

Deleted
    I play an unholy DK too, i gemmed for full resi so i got to 67%.

When in blood presence the reduction becomes 0.9 * 0.33 = 70% reduction combined.

This leaves me with a comfortable 45% pvp power. I do much better than with full pvp power this way.

If I could only have that gear on my rogue alt, 67% resi + 30% perma reduction talented would be amazing.

Depends on comp imo. If you are sure that your partners will be trained then go pvp power otherwise resil is better. For example WMS, mage is getting trained all day, some switches to shaman, warrior is usually ignored kill target wise ( I mean they try to shutdown warrior but not train). In that case warrior should go for pvp power imo. On the other hand I'm a 1700 scrub who cares lol.

I'm trying to make the decision at the minute. I play in a KFC team and who gets pressured is different depending on the comp we go against. So sometimes the extra resil would be great other times power would be better.

Im a rogue, sat on just over 16k pvp power (and I still have a fair few conq bits to buy)

for me, Offence is key.