I didn't miss anything, thank you.
I may have cut way back on posting here (for good reason) but that doesn't mean I don't still read.
^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".
Second, if you are not vocal against selling the top end gear for RLM (USD, Euro, ect) in one aspect of the game, they will see no reason to not expand into others. By being silent about this, you essentially are green lighting the sale of elite war hero gear in the cash shop.
Now, I know that EA/BW probably don't read these forums, but on the off chance they manage to poke their heads into the, what? second most active swtor forum? They should expect to see our honest opinions about selling the top tier of gear, even if it is for the shittiest space game I have ever seen, for RLM.
Also, pushing back against this is important because setting the precedent that "space gear can be bought for RLM" will become extremely problematic if they ever expand the space game to include PVP or group content.
But if you are okay with Swtor going gently into that good night of P2W, just keep quiet.
I know I am starting to reach that point.
(Firefall) - All Battleframes -
(Warframe) - Silver Eagle -
(Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue -
(Vindictus) - Vella -
I really would like to hear which MMO you think doesn't have P2W. WoW has P2W, because you can sell real money pet for gold which gives you an edge.. They also sell mounts using real money so that's P2W. Planetside 2 is full of P2W.. hell. I think P2W is the strategy of that game.
In the end, I never really felt BW did anything revolutionary that made SWTOR more P2W than any other major MMO out there.
Keep in mind that
1. You are not getting BH comm for free, you still have to fly those space missions!
2. It doesn't affect PVP at all!
3. All BH can give you is the 3rd best gear tier in the game... Any hardcore pve guild would be ahead of that curve.
1. It doesn't matter if you still have to do the space missions. Are the space missions harder without the gear? Yes? Then you're paying to win the space missions. You could pay for the best weapon possible off of a cash shop, but it doesn't automatically make it possible for you to kill everybody or do the most DPS. It just gives you a distinct advantage over somebody unwilling to pay for that gear.
2. Who cares? Why does something have to affect PvP in order to be P2W in some people's minds?
3. They also award 5 daily commendations per daily mission. You buy BiS relics with daily commendations.
---------- Post added 2012-12-17 at 09:37 PM ----------
Stuff like this makes it really hard to find a possible positive reason why they did it. Maybe whoever put them in the Cartel Market thought it was too damn hard to get them ingame? (joking)
Currently the only thing you can't transfer into ingame advantage is PvP gear as nobody can craft the mods. However this does not hold up for PvE gear = sell your Cartel Market Items and get the mods you want.