Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Reakash View Post
    As good as that sounds (I'd love a new tank class to play) the problem I see is... We already have 4 tanks first of all, and second of all, another class is going to bring the total up to 12 classes. Meaning you won't be able to bring some classes to raids in a 10 man, which kinda sucks, but I suppose we could deal with that. Unless Blizzard goes with 15 man raiding, that would be legit
    Where have you ever gotten the ideal that one of all classes in a raid was the intention of blizzard stopping at 10? The fact that they have 11 at the moment kind of blows your theory out of the water.

You ever notice how there is always a need for tanks? That means that we can't get enough of them, so adding in more really isnt a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    well vrykul are just big humans with dirty hair O-O
    Human + ragged clothing + Darkmoon Firewater = Vrykul

We'd have 3 classes that begin with the letter D if we go with Demon Hunter.

Thats not very balanced to the other letters of the alphabet.

Id like to see Bombardier. Uses Guns and crossbows, but keeps bows restricted to Hunter. Sets down trip mines, calls in artillery, the Goblin Sapper + Gnome Tinker class.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    What is a warmage? sounds like a goofy mix between demon lock and monk
    It'd actually be a cross between a warrior and a mage. hence "Warmage" thematically, it'd be a spell slinging warrior or a melee-focused mage, weaving spell and sword together.

Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Where did you learn math, if something is 50% more than 50, it is 75 not 100.

OT: I'm still skeptical about a Demon Hunter Class. will be the 3rd Melee in a Row for new Classes, and the way Blizzard makes raids these days people just stack the FUCK out of Range anyway.

I would still much rather some sort of Summoner Class. With say moves that Summon different creatures on short durations. A few wolves for 30secs, or a HUGE fuckyou Beast for 15secs, whilst using Arcane magic to supplement.
    Well said. Also considering that their abilities have mostly been handed off to demo locks to the point that they might as well rename them demon hunters, I can't see them having a place in the game. If demo warlocks ever got the ability to dual wield, they could probably complete the illusion by transmogging challenge mode gear and warglaives given upcoming relaxed restrictions for transmog.
    Last edited by delus; 2012-12-14 at 06:01 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    I don't think they will add Demon hunters, since we got a leather melee class just this expansion.
    Agreed. We have 7 classes capable of melee DPS as is, 5 of which can also tank. I doubt Blizzard is compelled to oversaturate that field even more than it already is. With that point being made, what exactly would differentiate a caster/ranged DPS Demon Hunter from a Warlock?
    Last edited by Nero Duskwind; 2012-12-14 at 06:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Quote Originally Posted by evdawg6543 View Post
    I think the next xpac MIGHT bring in a new class, just to add a thrid mail wearer. But IMO there will be another neutral faction added and they will update existing models since players ask for it so much.
    The problem with adding another spec that uses mail is that there are already 9 specs that use the same agi trinkets cloaks and jewelry and 2 of them are tanks.
    Last edited by delus; 2012-12-14 at 06:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I didn't play as Horde in MoP but it seems like the horde is in alliance with Hozen in Jade forest but not in the later zones, do they figure out that the Hozen are not quite admirable or dependable allies?
    It's not so much that they aren't seen as dependable (they aren't, but still), but more that after the battle at the end of Jade Forest the Horde survivors got spirited up to Binan Village and never backtracked to gather up more Hozen. You come across Horde-aligned Hozen later on, but not in huge numbers. There's one in particular who operates a kite stand in Domination Point and acts as a sort of Mr Exposition in the Dominance Offensive questline. Plus you can always go back to Grookin Hill and it's chock full of them, got a Horde flight path and inn there.

On the original topic, Outland is probably not going to get an actual revamp. What I think is considerably more likely is that one or all of the remaining defunct dimensional gateways in Outland - the ones that tore the planet apart - are opened and stabilized, leading to a new Legion planet to explore. To quote Metzen,

Quote Originally Posted by Metzen
    Even better, this is something that's infinitely expandable for us in updates and expansions down the line. There can always be more portal worlds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    The problem with adding another spec that uses mail is that there are already 9 specs that use the same agi trinkets cloaks and jewelry and 2 of them are tanks.
    I didn't understand, do we have any agi mail tank 0_o?

Quote Originally Posted by DonQShot View Post
    I didn't understand, do we have any agi mail tank 0_o?
    Leather and mail wearers both use agility trinkets, cloaks and jewelry . There are 2 leather tanks now with the addition of brewmasters to compliment druid guardians.
    Last edited by delus; 2012-12-14 at 06:11 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    That means that we can't get enough of them, so adding in more really isnt a problem.

Adding more tanking classes isn't the solution to tanking shortages since it doesn't address the fact that most players just want to be the guy that floats in top 3-5 of his raid group's damage meters flexing e-peen to his peers. Making the existing tanking classes more interesting and appealing to pique the curiosity of players who would otherwise find the role boring is far more reasonable.
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    Diablo 3 Profile

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    Leather and mail both use agility. There are 2 leather tanks now with the addition of brewmasters to compliment druid guardians.
    yh but we were talking about mail wearers. Demon Hunters could be mail wearers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    It's not so much that they aren't seen as dependable (they aren't, but still), but more that after the battle at the end of Jade Forest the Horde survivors got spirited up to Binan Village and never backtracked to gather up more Hozen. You come across Horde-aligned Hozen later on, but not in huge numbers. There's one in particular who operates a kite stand in Domination Point and acts as a sort of Mr Exposition in the Dominance Offensive questline. Plus you can always go back to Grookin Hill and it's chock full of them, got a Horde flight path and inn there.

On the original topic, Outland is probably not going to get an actual revamp. What I think is considerably more likely is that one or all of the remaining defunct dimensional gateways in Outland - the ones that tore the planet apart - are opened and stabilized, leading to a new Legion planet to explore. To quote Metzen,
    Yep. Metzen said at the Blizzcon where they introduced TBC, that we are going to reopen the portals to bring the fight to the Legion's doorstep - which we never did. So I'm holding on to the idea that we're going to use Outland as a staging ground to get to other worlds at some point in the future. And they're the portals that Illidan closed, so who better to reopen them, should he really return.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    I can see Outland getting revamped and some of the existing zones being split into sub-zones; some to maintain the 60-70 leveling continuity and others to provide the leveling-to-endgame content and portal hubs to other worlds' cities or dungeons a-la Caverns of Time.
    Diablo 3 Profile

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i dont think we would go back to outland, maybe to use one of the portals there, but we have explored all of outland, that is all there is of it, a floating rock.
    Look at the map of Outland. Where is the other half of Draenor? maybe we will explore there?

Deleted
    you are going to see a blademaster class first

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revak View Post
    IMO they just need to add a hero tree to each class. Once you hit max level you get a tree you can choose to move into if you'd like. This hero tree gives a big variance to the way you normally play your class.

Druid --> Archdruid
    Mage --> Spellbreaker
    Priest --> High Priest
    Hunter --> Ranger
    Warrior --> Overlord
    Paladin --> Templar
    Warlock --> Demon Hunter
    Rogue --> Warden
    Shaman --> Spirit Walker
    Monk --> Runemaster
    Death Knight --> Necromancer
    Fixed for thematic correctedness...
    Diablo 3 Profile

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    If Blizz wants to go big for their 10th anniversary (next expansion) then here's what they should do.

*10 levels
    *Arrakoa for Alliance
    *Ogre for Horde
    *Neutral Etheral
    *Demon Hunter Hero Class
    A big YES to you, except you switch arakkoa to high elf

Few things:

Maieve was not a demon hunter she was a warden.
    Blizzard has confirmed that they do not want a new class back to back in expansions. This is not a player theory.
    The only confirmation is that the legion is rallying/coming and that Alleria and Turalyon will be explored.

Deleted
    Ogres will never be a playable race, Blizzard doesn't like the idea of players playing dumbasses. As for the Demon Hunters, it's kinda hard to implement them, as they would be very similiar to rogues, warlocks and death knights. The only way I see how they could be somewhat unique is making them a ranged class, dealing physical and magical damage, kinda like the Demon Hunter in Diablo 3. They would be a combination of warlocks and hunters then.