Poll: Topic

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I voted Middle of the road, however! The polls a little bit skewed ..

These 2

Top 25% - You are pretty up to date on what is best for your class, you play at high levels consistently, but there are players who can beat you.

Middle of the Road - You just go with the flow and emulate what other players of your class do. You don't care about charts or rank, you just play

See I am up to date with my class, and when I do Dungeons/pvp/raids, I go prepared, work as part of the team, and play to the best of my abilities. But I also don't schedule raid anymore, I don't and never really cared about rank, and I do go with the flow when it comes to my play time.

I like to think I play my main well, and have fun doing so, without making other peoples gametime suck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really no one on my server really ever beat me. Was r1 in 5s and rank 2 or 3 in 3s.. got glad a couple times

^All on my shaman, which was my main after I got duelist on my old main (hunter), then got duelist on alt(mage) after glad titles on shaman

10+ Year Old Account
    I rank pretty well in normals (MSV, HoF first 5) when I play well/pay attention and/or get good "luck", got 78% according to epeen bot on Elegon 10 N without being flasked this week. I am also a pretty decent solo-er, not going to be soloing any Cata raid content any time soon (don't feel like putting a ton of time into it) but I can do things like Uld 25 XT-002 or Auriya. So I'd say top 25% for DPS, a lot lower for tanking anything other than a heroic 5 man or old content.

If we're talking about transmog collections though, I'd say top 1%. 18 ish sets and 120 weapons last I counted, adding more as I get more bagspace and decide which items to get rid of that I never use. I have probably spent 250k on it since I got back towards the end of Cata ish, between bags and buying BoEs/bribing people for items.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Deleted
    83% of the voters consider themselves top 25%.
    36% of the voters consider themselves top 5%.

Right. Those numbers don't quite match.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    The results are going to be skewed because it's usually the more dedicated players who visit forums.
    The results are going to be skewed because people usually can't admit how much they suck.

Deleted
    I'd say above average, so top 25% for my own experience =)

Deleted
    No idea to be honest. I managed to hit 2k~ ratings in the Arena and only raid on the side. So when my guild who's mostly PvE runs twink raids before an tier becomes obsolote I usually just tag along for the achievments and mounts.

I've got about 15k achievments, most factions at exalted and other weird stuff like that though. I'd probably place myself somewhere in the upper middle field.

As a Prot Paladin... Middle of the Road. I can do the job, but I'm not spot on, plus it is isn't my main spec.

As a Ret Paladin, top 25%, easily (when considering equal gear). Don't have the time or schedule for a raid guild, so I am content with LFR, but I definitely know what I am doing, and do it very well.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Muschi View Post
    The thing with this poll sadly is that you'll see waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many people placing themselves higher than they actually are.
    Absolutely true. I also voted myself as "Elite Top 5%" though I am at best Middle-of-the-road.

Funny how people think anonymous internet polls actually mean something.

Middle of the road for me. I'm fluent to each and every of my druid abilities, not just the boomkin/dps ones, and I can get consistently good performance out of it, avoid needless damage, contribute to all parts of the game etc, but I don't do any significant theorycrafting and while some of it will be due to gear I feel like I should be able to get out more dps of the boomer than I am. With 10-20% more damage output I'd place myself in the top 25%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow who would have guessed there are so many skilled players... Then again we still have no idea what they're skilled at. Are they top raiders, top PVP'ers, TOP achievement hunters or top questers.
    That's the trouble with questions like these, first of they're subjective, then there's no benchmark to measure how good you're at it really and then it all depends on what a player's goal is to be good at....

Talking about pve, very. Pvp I am mediocre.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I could dedicate myself to a good guild with equally skilled players, easily top 5%. I consistently top charts even in my crappy gear much to my own surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    The results are going to be skewed because people usually can't admit how much they suck.
    While that's very true on many occasions, you can't say that's applicable to ALL of the votes given or even a majority of them. Factors like the one I mentioned do play a big part on these polls. Now if this poll was taken on the official forums I'd tend to agree with you more. But this site DOES tend to attract players who play more seriously than the average wow.com surfer.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

I would consider myself in the top 5% in PvE, but in PvP I am below average, haven't played it at all the last 3-4 years.

Kinda a weird poll options, but as a heroic raider I guess I'm somewhere in the top 25%, PvE based anyway. Yet, personal skills only means so much. For both PvE and PvP (outside duels) you'll need a team to bring you to the pinnacle of raiding (or PvP). Specially as a healer it's hard to say as there is only so much to heal!

Also, I'd like to point out that you don't need to do much of theory crafting yourself to be the best you can be! It's much more important that you learn from your mistakes and that you are prepared when you go into battle.

I've picked Middle of the Road. I've played druid since Vanilla and did plenty of end-game (although not hardcore, except in Vanilla), so I can say I know how to play my class. However, I've always disliked pvp on my main, so I'd be horrible at that. I'm sure I could be good enough in every aspect of pve, but choose not to spend my time on raids etc anymore. That said, I'm not in the top, but I'm also not at the bottom, so middle of the road seems the right choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Patience and reason do appear to be in short supply these days in the gaming community.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know I can perform on par with the top 25% on any of my chars easily. I'm confident that my ability on my main falls within the top 5%. I think the skill difference between the top 25% and top 5% is less than the difference between the top 1% and the top .1% on that note.

Edit: Forgot to mention I'm talking PvE, for PvP I might fall within the top 25% on a char or two but I really hate it due to the people who don't understand strategy in BGs and I can't ever get past the initial grind of honor to get into better PvP gear.
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2012-12-14 at 08:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Hmmm, I blow massive hairy donkey gonads as a caster but will generally walk into any raid as any melee class and happily top 3 it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    While that's very true on many occasions, you can't say that's applicable to ALL of the votes given or even a majority of them. Factors like the one I mentioned do play a big part on these polls. Now if this poll was taken on the official forums I'd tend to agree with you more. But this site DOES tend to attract players who play more seriously than the average wow.com surfer.
    See I'd say this site tends to attract the people who shouted too loudly on the main forums and received a ban or the ones who couldn't handle the math questions associated with gaining membership on EJ.