Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    edit: wait wrong thread.

If Dalaran is on the move, theres a strategic location it will be placed. I wonder if its headed to Panderia
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2012-12-15 at 07:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Asheriah View Post
    Right now ? There's probably not many mages left in the city, some of them died in Ulduar, others during the war in Icecrown, etc. What was a true jewel of magic is now a parody of it's former self. But that's mostly a supposition.

That's not what I read in the book. The city was overwhelmed by brainless zombies. Forsaken are not only good for war, they also are very good tacticians. (Read : good to strike when you're weak or when you don't expect it. It works, alas.) Also, every human that falls is a new recruit for the forsaken, if not, they'll just use the dead bodies as walls or bridges, like Arthas did to cross the rivers in Quel'thalas

That situation is pretty much over since BC. In that case, we could say Stormwind can't deal with a few dozen pesky Defiases, which isn't true either. It's just the game that isn't evolving with it's lore.

She still can die a few times, while Jaina would be done the first time. One on one, there's actually not many chances Jaina could really win, and I'm not even considering Sylvanas is an expert at war while Jaina is not.
    you do know that lore wise dalaran is like a country full of people right O_o

also one on one jaina would win hands down she can put up invinicbility shields and throw fireballs and ice and whatnot SHES THE STRONGEST HUMAN MAGE IN THE WORLD sylvanas was never very powerful EVER shes a ranger that means shes a hunter.

every battle sylvanas has ever won has been due to sneak attacks and war crimes.

this shouldnt even be an argument

---------- Post added 2012-12-15 at 02:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shiki View Post
    The way things are going right now, from both a literary standpoint and from past experience with Blizzard's games, I personally think that wherever Dalaran ends up it probably wont be there for long. You don't move your city, your kingpiece as it were, around just so blithely and not expect something potentially really bad to happen.

Basically what I'm saying is that I think Jaina is going down the "GRR REVENGE" road, is probably alread Sha possessed, and there's a good chance that at the end of the day Jaina will be crazy/dead and Dalaran will be a pile of rubble outside of Orgrimmar.

I also think it's interesting that people assume that Dalaran and the Kirin Tor will still be the same "force to be reckoned with" that it was before they kicked out a very large portion of its membership -- not to mention that if it's anything like it would be in the real world, some of the more neutral/Sunreaver sympathizers will probably also have left, even aside from the Sunreavers themselves.
    the sunreavers were like 100 members if that and the vast majority of the city disliked them ALOT
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    I think that it makes the most sense to move it to Theramore. It will be quite a good strategic position, and Garrosh being a hot-head wouldn't be able to resist to try and attack it again at some point. As for the Jaina/Sylvanas showdown, as much as I want to see it ingame, I think it's pretty much just something that doesn't make much sense, but the fans want it. I dislike Sylvanas and much prefer the (former) level-headedness of Jaina, however there is no fucking way in hell Jaina can take Sylvanas down.

Interesting...are they going to actually move the city in game? Will there be two Dalarans then or will the Northrend city become phased once the Dalaran quest chain is completed? It will be exciting to see what happens...

Quote Originally Posted by Genadius View Post
    I think that it makes the most sense to move it to Theramore. It will be quite a good strategic position, and Garrosh being a hot-head wouldn't be able to resist to try and attack it again at some point. As for the Jaina/Sylvanas showdown, as much as I want to see it ingame, I think it's pretty much just something that doesn't make much sense, but the fans want it. I dislike Sylvanas and much prefer the (former) level-headedness of Jaina, however there is no fucking way in hell Jaina can take Sylvanas down.
    strongest human mage in the world > hunter that couldnt even fight arthas when he was just a death knight.

seriously sylvanas isnt strong at all i dont even like jaina and even i think its retarded to think she would lose.

now someone like azshara or a draenei battle mage would be able to take her out
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    you do know that lore wise dalaran is like a country full of people right O_o

also one on one jaina would win hands down she can put up invinicbility shields and throw fireballs and ice and whatnot SHES THE STRONGEST HUMAN MAGE IN THE WORLD sylvanas was never very powerful EVER shes a ranger that means shes a hunter.

every battle sylvanas has ever won has been due to sneak attacks and war crimes.

this shouldnt even be an argument

the sunreavers were like 100 members if that and the vast majority of the city disliked them ALOT
    So, do you have ANY numbers whatsoever regarding the actual size of Kirin Tor membership and the number of people who are ACTUALLY supposed to be living in Dalaran? How many people who used to be citizens of the Kingdom of Dalaran prior to the bad shit happening ended up just fucking off and being refugees? Any idea at all?

I did some research, and admittedly haven't ever touched any of the books, but it seems like it would be very difficult for the number of people who claim loyalty to either the Kirin Tor or Dalaran would be anything other than exceptionally small (compared to the truly great factions such as Stormwind, Orgrimmar, or even Gnomeregan).

Quote Originally Posted by jetriot View Post
    Jaina's turn and the siege of Orgrimmar are the perfect time to reunite Jaina with her father and Kul Tiras with the alliance. The Alliance needs a radical element to keep the alliance from getting too cuddly and more importantly to get them kicked out of Orgrimmar after the siege.
    Someone didn't play the bonus campaign in Frozen Throne. Jaina's father is dead, Rexxar saw to that.

Deleted
    Sylvanas has much more experience in fighting in general, and she's not stupid to try and smash through Dalaran's defenses. She can wait for an exploit, strike from the shadows, distract the much mentally weaker Jaina and so on. I like Jaina because she's nice to people, has empathy, but she's not exactly a brilliant tactician or a military leader. I believe her unable to come up with anything closely resembling a complicated attack plan. Jaina's place is in the frontlines, not in a council. Sylvanas, who may be an utter bitch, can pretty much play people like instruments.

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Of course, Theramore makes more sense really. With dalaran being ally now moving it to Kalimdor would be an advantage I guess.
    I can't help but laugh and just imagine Jaina being like "pfft you blew up my pissy tower, ima bring a whole mother f**king city here and kick your ass now Garrosh" >.>

Personally i think both Theramore and its old location could both play well into this whole war story line. Dalaran could keep Sylvannas in check and possibly force her into the war against Garrosh because she believes that Jaina will back off once Garrosh is dead. Or if it were in Theramore, it would/could serve as a port for the alliance troops to move right into the heart of Kalimdor.

So, do you have ANY numbers whatsoever regarding the actual size of Kirin Tor membership and the number of people who are ACTUALLY supposed to be living in Dalaran? How many people who used to be citizens of the Kingdom of Dalaran prior to the bad shit happening ended up just fucking off and being refugees? Any idea at all?

I did some research, and admittedly haven't ever touched any of the books, but it seems like it would be very difficult for the number of people who claim loyalty to either the Kirin Tor or Dalaran would be anything other than exceptionally small (compared to the truly great factions such as Stormwind, Orgrimmar, or even Gnomeregan).
    after the city was destroyed they pretty much just put up the bubble and rebuilt. during that time they had the violet eye outside the bubble researching things and recruiting powerful wizards.

it may not be as big as stormwind but its still a pretty big place and WAY bigger then gnomergan seriously theres only like 1000 gnomes left

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    after the city was destroyed they pretty much just put up the bubble and rebuilt. during that time they had the violet eye outside the bubble researching things and recruiting powerful wizards.

it may not be as big as stormwind but its still a pretty big place and WAY bigger then gnomergan seriously theres only like 1000 gnomes left

Got it. No numbers. As expected.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Of course, Theramore makes more sense really. With dalaran being ally now moving it to Kalimdor would be an advantage I guess.

What do you mean by this as the horde sanctuary still exists in dala.

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    @Talen: Northwatch was destroyed in the book. Did you not read it? Garrosh wiped it out on the way to Theramore. The ONLY remaining Alliance stronghold on Kalimdor (not counting Teldrassil, as it's technically not part of the continent), is Feathermoon Stronghold. However, Garrosh is afraid of Shandris (to the point he sent the majority of his army to blockade her and her army in Feralas so they could not aid Theramore), so I'm not sure he'll ever actually try to wipe them out.
    He's scared of Shandris, but not Jaina? WUT?! >.>

and every other cities numbers are? the closest thing we have about populations is that there are more high elves then there are gnomes or trolls other then that we dont know anything solid about how many people live where other then what lore shows us.

lore shows us that dalaran is a big place if that isnt enough "proof" for you then go talk to chris metzen and see what he says. doesnt change the fact that dalaran is was and continues to be the biggest collection of magic users in the world with silvermoon a distant second and the draenei as third

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prettyfly View Post
    What do you mean by this as the horde sanctuary still exists in dala.

It's in the past.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Wyshbonez View Post
    they're taking dalaran to orgrimmar,
    they're taking dalaran to orgrimmar,
    they're taking dalaran to org, org, org, orgrimmar
    stupid silly mages

tell me where is jaina proudmore cuz i much desire to speak with her,
    a mana bomb of focusing iris
    tell me where is jaina proudmore cuz i much desire to speak with her,
    a mana bomb of focusing iris

my pun on they're taking the hobbits to isengard stupid i know but still!!! good bye dalaran glad i bought my travelers tundra mammoth before the move
    hahaha all the internets to you sir/ma'am! haha

Unless you can prove they are very close on the verge of dying out, then your point about Dalaran's numbers is moot also.

Taking into account just what we see in Wrath Dalaran, the city is most definitely hustle and bustling. Not to mention that the Sunreavers, being the new faction in Dalaran, were obviously in the minority.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesyk View Post
    Dalaran in hillsbrad!
    link->>> i.imgur.com/ed4Uf.jpg

just an old picture that was shown in 2008.
    Is it WOTLK announcement Blizzcon?

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    and I really, REALLY hope to see Aethas lead the sunreavers against it.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Aethas Sunreaver turned out to be Kaelthas Sunstrider (names are too similar) and that this was all just a big setback.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    they feel having two versions of one place in two different places at the same time in different points of time might be a little confusing.
    It makes sense not having two identical raid instances in two different locations. Different capitol cities in different expansions I don't see an issue with.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Doesn't change the fact that atleast northrend needs to be done. Must be so confusing for new players. Going from dealing with the after effects of the lich king. (In places like plagelands and felwood) To him suddenly being alive again.
    Not near as confusing as it will be for new Horde who meet their new warchief, then see this red-skinned evil bastard referred to as warchief in the leveling process across Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms, then get introduced to him in Outland with a different warchief, then follow them both to Northrend, then have that evil guy as a warchief while the other warchief becomes Jesus to save the world, only to follow the crazy guy into Asia and do what he says then subsequently have to depose him because he's an evil ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    I expect Dalaran to take the place of Theramore, as a way for Jaina to give Garrosh a giant "Screw You," become the place of the questing hub in the lower levels, and take place as the new daily hub in the patch it moves there, as well as the location of the Siege of Orgrimmar raid portal for the Alliance.
    There's already a member of the Bronze Dragonflight positioned at the end of the bridge into Theramore to allow you visit the city in the past and complete lower level questing. New Dalaran won't replace Old Theramore even though Theramore crater seems to be the most likely place it would rest if not Kul Tiras. Speaking of Kul Tiras...

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    IMHO Blizz planed Kul'tiras for Cataclysm
    The World of Warcraft expansion did not introduce Kul Tiras, in spite of the fact that the entire world is being revamped. According to Bornakk, Kul Tiras "will not be visible at the start of Cataclysm – something about tectonic plates shifting it out to sea...." We may yet get to experience Kul Tiras in later patches.
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Kul_Tiras#cite_note-1

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Q: Will we be hearing from any of the old or neglected human nations in Cata, specifically Stromgarde, Kul'tiras, and the remnants of Alterac (hey, Deathwing paraded around as an Alterac noble before)?
    A: With the revamp of the classic World of Warcraft zones, players will get a chance to see how the fallen nations of Stromgarde and Alterac have fared over the last few years. Kul Tiras, the island nation, will not be visible at the start of Cataclysm – something about tectonic plates shifting it out to sea....
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1008430853
    Any possibility that its shift out to sea sent it south and that Kul Tiras is that large landmass shrouded in mists to the Northwest of Pandaria? You can almost fly out to it but an invisible wall prevents you from actually reaching land
    Anyone else think Jaime Lannister only has the Kingslayer title because he was just too lazy to kill the king on heroic mode?

^ Much more likely it is Zandalar Isle. It fits in with the story, we know it was originally part of the Pandarian map at Blizzcon when it was announced, ect.