Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Eh, im not scared. Your guns cant pierce the iron curtain of Scandinavia!
    Maybe not small arms, but we aren't the #1 military power in world history for nuffing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    Note the number killed. How is that comparable?
    Also China has over a billion people, if anything there should be more mass killings than America.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stede View Post
    I'm not so certain it's an indictment of all of American society. I don't even think Americans blamed all of Norway for Anders Breivik.
    Because Americans actually understand that crazy people kill people, guns don't.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoweye View Post
    Europeans dont realize this because they dont know shit about our country... they dont realize that our government pretty much hasnt dont shit to close our borders so guns, and drugs continue to follow from the north and south... So they think "just ban guns, youll be fine", when in reality they should just shut their fucking eurotrash mouths, and mind their own fucking business...
    So, you believe that everyone else lives behind the moon or something? The amount of Europeans living in the USA is in the millions. You think they are rather blind?
    Europeans moving to the USA are rather high educated, high skilled people, that come and live here to work.
    You think they've left their brains in Europe?
    Speaking of brains.... How exactly do you intend to close your borders. Ever had a look at the map?
    There is one small fraction of the United States border, that can be closed. Only one small fraction in the south-west..
    How do you close the border in the North? Can't....
    How do you close the border in the gulf? Can't...
    How do you close the border along the west coast? Can't....
    How do you close the border along the east coast? Can't....

Look at the map.... and then start with security from within... because that is your only choice.
    The border to Mexico, which is the only part you can lock down, besides a small strip that could prevent Sarah Palin from seeing Russia from her kitchen window, has been locked down as much as it possibly gets.
    Drug traffic....... The real big deals certainly don't go across that border. They using the coastal routes. Where it's almost impossible to control all the time.

Less fire arms equals more safety.
    Where ever that isn't the case, safety declines... All over the globe.

And the sooner Americans stop talking the pre-chewed propaganda fed to them by the weapon lobby, the sooner things can and will change to a safer country.
    Last edited by Wildtree; 2012-12-14 at 07:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The real problem here as I understand it, didn't even know about this policy until earlier today, is the lock down policy in schools. If there is danger, they lock the school down. No matter what, no one in no one out. It creates a bunch of classrooms with defenceless kids not moving while there is a shooter already in the school.

One class did evacuate, I guess the teacher was smart enough or brave enough to not follow this rule. Apparently they hid in the woods and all survived. Evacuation or fighting back in certain situations can save a lot more lives than just being in lock down mode automatically.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hiragana View Post
    Note the number killed. How is that comparable?
    Also China has over a billion people, if anything there should be more mass killings than America.
    Ya know, aside from the poverty, brainwashing and lack of freedoms.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    caveat: i might be the only american that feels that way, lol. and apparently some that disagree with me are well armed... (joke btw)
    Well i was called out for nation bashing in the "metric" thread because i mentioned a spaceprobe crashed because of the conflicting measurements. Not sure how they came to that conclusion but i suspect they just think anything i say is evil.

10+ Year Old Account
    [video=youtube;NWafEfG-L0g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWafEfG-L0g[video]

Almost there...
    How did you know about the bed pan? I'm gonna have to put more into the counter-intelligence unit...
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Finangus View Post
    Why do people attack schools, malls, theaters, etc. ?

Simple, because they're 'soft' targets. A 'soft' target is a target that has little to no defenses and is unlikely to present a threat to the attacker. These cowards know that there's little chance of anyone fighting back at these locations, so they feel confident that they can cause as much damage as possible with little danger to themselves.

That's why you don't see anyone attack, say, an MMA gym or police station. Because they know they'll fail miserably and look like a crazy jackass instead of a crazy murdering piece of shit.
    same is true of the actual weapon used, a knife is a lot harder to kill multiple people and takes more confidence or crazy enough to go into a knife wielding frenzy (which is rare). Guns in contrast are easy to use, deadly lethal and capable of countless kills in short time.

they also allow the perpetrator a quick easy way out, you try stabbing yourself that definately sounds worse than blowing your own head off.

NO GUN NO MASSACRE.

Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    Maybe not small arms, but we aren't the #1 military power in world history for nuffing.
    Yea, but we have the Finnish.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreeb View Post
    27 reported killed so far. These things only happens in a "sick" society. A extremely sick one that needs very speciel attention.
    That's easy to say but rather hard to pinpoint what leads to this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Because Americans actually understand that crazy people kill people, guns don't.
    This exactly. Thank you.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    If you own a gun, you're a dick.
    You're only "protecting your home" from other dick gun owners.
    Anybody that owns a gun is a cunt of society.
    Get over yourself, I own many firearms and I consider myself a good upstanding member of my community. My Firearms are not for home protection, which is not a valid reason to own firearms in my country. I use them for hunting and target shooting, how does that make me a "cunt of society"?

10+ Year Old Account
    easy to get guns, easy to get bullets.. easy to take lives. Greatest country in the world

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    Shock at the absurdity of the entire situation...and that it's two mass shootings in a week.
    so you could've said "kla kla bloooo"?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoweye View Post
    they dont realize that our government pretty much hasnt dont shit to close our borders so guns, and drugs continue to follow from the north and south..
    lol. so ya ppl use Canada (where all guns, except hunting rifle, are illegal) to import them to a place where they are legal?? seems logical to me.

Even mexican gangs go into arizona to import guns to mexico...

If you want to blame your government...at least be realistic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, but we have the Finnish.
    Simo Häyhä is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    So why let crazy people have guns?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by akamurdoch View Post
    NO GUN NO MASSACRE.
    By extension, if there were no people there'd be no crimes at all.

So in the worlds of our alien overlords: KILL ALL HUMANS.

Just, be kind.

Well i was called out for nation bashing in the "metric" thread because i mentioned a spaceprobe crashed because of the conflicting measurements. Not sure how they came to that conclusion but i suspect they just think anything i say is evil.
    well, arent you evil? the santa hat is a poor disguise... maybe add a mustache?