Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Schools are gun free zones, which is why people like this idiot chose to go there and commit a massacre. They know there will be 0% chance of resistance.
    In my opinion, make schools harder to just stroll into and arm the adults.

Safely of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Suikoden View Post
    I feel for the kids that survive this for they're going to have to live with this for the rest of their lives. What horrible situation.
    Children are resilient... they wont be as affected as you think.
    No man really becomes a fool until he stops asking questions.

Deleted
    too bad the gun laws are so strict, had there been more guns they could've defended themselves..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoweye View Post
    Children are resilient... they wont be as affected as you think.
    Each child is different. Couple that with some kids with already tough lives and you have a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by MrYaki View Post
    too bad the gun laws are so strict, had there been more guns they could've defended themselves..
    Kindergarten kids are going to defend themselves with guns? lol

Deleted
    Edit: reopened. --Sunshine
    Last edited by Sunshine; 2012-12-15 at 06:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I work with kids of all ranges of behaviors and yes, some can show a resilient side but there are others who are forever going to be changed by this. They just need more attention earlier on to ensure they don't steer down the path this shooter ended up on.

Monsem - Shadow Priest / Halimath - Prot Paladin / Groundchuk - Elemental Shaman
    [/SIZE]

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Riidii View Post

Safely of course.
    Don't you think that will just result in edgy teachers (or any other school staff, or any other person in general if you were referring to adults in general) snapping and killing more people in a frenzy? The whole problem is that the people who snap don't actually have enough time to cool down before the idea pops into their head of taking guns and killing people.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    Don't you think that will just result in edgy teachers (or any other school staff, or any other person in general if you were referring to adults in general) snapping and killing more people in a frenzy? The whole problem is that the people who snap don't actually have enough time to cool down before the idea pops into their head of taking guns and killing people.
    You can't be serious with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    The idea of people "snapping" is largely a fallacy. These killers brood for weeks and premeditate their actions, almost all are suicidal. With this Lanza guy, he had body armor, and tried to buy a gun earlier in the week, he was clearly planning this for some time. The chances of a functioning teacher or administrator having a random psychotic break with no warning signs is pretty miniscule.

The danger of guns in schools would come from teachers being careless and allowing their students access to the guns. Given how overwhelming the job of a school teacher already is, the chance of an accident due to human error would be unacceptably high.

Safely of course.
    Arm the adults? You must be joking. Why don't we give every kid a gun? You know, safely of course. I can see the newspapers "stressed teacher shot acting out student after he provoked him".

Or lets put a fully automatic gatling gun with auto aim in front of every classroom.

I hope you realize yourself how silly this looks. Crazy people would only have even easier access to weapons. They just steal them at school and start shooting right away.

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Arm the adults? You must be joking. Why don't we give every kid a gun? You know, safely of course. I can see the newspapers "stressed teacher shot acting out student after he provoked him".

Or lets put a fully automatic gatling gun with auto aim in front of every classroom.

I hope you realize yourself how silly this looks. Crazy people would only have even easier access to weapons. They just steal them at school and start shooting right away.
    So now we've gone from .00000001% of the population being crazy to everyone being crazy?

Alrighty then.

So now we've gone from .00000001% of the population being crazy to everyone being crazy?

Alrighty then.
    What are you even talking about? Where did I say that? Stop making up points which I never even said.

look at where the mass shootings occure, one theme common to them all, "gun free zones" they choose those areas because they know there will be no resistance.

Deleted
    My friend showed me this last night on twitter..

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    People who think that outlawing guns for the general public will fix killing and violence really need to have their brains examined. Criminals will still get the guns, illegally, and still kill people with them. Banning guns won't do a damn thing. I'd rather it stay legal to own a gun so that I can defend myself and my family from crazy whack jobs out there.
    How many more children need to die before this point of view is re-examined?

Like it or not, countries with tighter gun control have fewer incidents of gun crime, and certainly fewer instances of school focused massacres. Will outlawing guns reduce the instances of these to 0? Hell no. Will it reduce it significantly? Yes.

Just because determined people will still be able to get hold of firearms doesn't mean that you should make them readily available to anyone that wants one. Also, even the most determined social school outcast will find it fucking hard to get hard of military grade assault weaponry!!!
    Youtube Gaming Channel - TheRamblerz. The Best Variety Gaming Channel in this Signature!

i7 2600k (Overlocked to 4.4ghz) ; Asus P8Z68 V-Pro ; 16GB Corsair Vengeance
    2x GTX 570 EVGA Classified - SLI ; 2x 1TB WD Caviar Black HDD; 2x 500GB Seagate HDD in Raid 0

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klorx View Post

Holy shit....there is no way that's real.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by klorx View Post

Thats a fake, i know because i saw the thread... It's been on 4chan alot and people there have debunked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Someudontno View Post
    Holy shit....there is no way that's real.
    it probably is, people make a lot of threats on /b/ but usually they just like kill themselves.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    it probably is, people make a lot of threats on /b/ but usually they just like kill themselves.

The fact the shooter had a mask on is also suspicious, why go to the trouble of wearing a mask if you're going to kill yourself? James Holmes also wore a mask?!