Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Loosely possible, but for now I'm sticking it in the realm of ghosts, aliens, and the like.

There's only so much conveniently blurry evidence in a world where everyone has a phone camera that a person can take.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

15+ Year Old Account
    Every time I mention the Sasquatch Scully hits me over the back of the head with a rolled up newspaper.

Ive never seen one, so it must not be real. I go camping all the time and never once saw a bigfoot, so it must not be real. I also have never seen a bear, so it must not be real. Ive seen pictures of elephants and purported video footage, but I have never seen one in real life so it must not be real. I saw an alien once, so it must be real. See what I did there? I think it is very possible that such a creature does exist. It would most likely live in parts of the forest that is inaccessible without great effort. Also, in fact I have seen a bear in the woods, but that is only because it came to my camp site in search of food. I have never seen a bear while wondering around in the woods. If bigfoot doesnt regularly visit campsites then the chances of finding one in the woods is quite low, just like randomly finding a bear in the woods is also quite low.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are some things I believe in and some things I don't. I don't believe in what most practiced religions tell us, however I do believe there is such a thing as a soul. I believe in spirits, having seen one when I was young, but as for more physical creatures of myth, maybe, but there isn't much to go on with it.
    The problem with science is it would rip apart any magic behind the myth of such creatures, so some things are best left as they are.
    #boycottchina

Big apes? sure why not.

There's plenty of them on land in nature, doesn't seem so unlikely. This one just seems to enjoy areas behind rocks, bounding into thick fogs and out of focus areas. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Sighz View Post
    analprobing aliens
    I have met some pretty weird mexicans so I dunno about this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is doubtful it exists and if it did, it's likely dead by now, since the myth is so old.

There's no substantial evidence to say it exists, therefore I don't believe it did. I think it's rumored existence was either due to a hoax or people seeing unexplained things due to natural phenomena, or a mix of the two.

Now, its possible it did exist, but I won't believe that Sasquatch or Bigfoot or whatever it is ever existed until there is strong evidence to say he did.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    About as real as alien abductions.
    I believe in alien butt probing more than I do Bigfoot.
    Palmz - Warlock
    Imminent
    JUICE
    Eternal Reign
    Infallible
    Duality

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    "modern cameras"
    "7 foot tall being"

maybe they only come out at night.....yea its big...sos a lion and you dont hear that stalking you either just instantly ruleing it not real because of those 2 things is pritty ignorant we havnt explored all of the forests......for all we know it can swim too and we hardly have ANY idea whats in the ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    sometimes when im alone i like to cover myself in vaseline and pretend im a slug
    Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    I like to glue my thumbs to my nipples and pretend I'm a T-Rex.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmz View Post
    I believe in alien butt probing more than I do Bigfoot.
    trying so hard not to make a joke about visitors from other countries...trying...so...hard

10+ Year Old Account
    No of course not, don't be silly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2199984.html

Its currently going through peer review.
    Not exactly...
    http://doubtfulnews.com/2012/12/wher...ted-or-russia/
    http://www.bigfootlunchclub.com/2012...jected-by.html
    You would think that if they actually had something, the scientific community would jump at the opportunity...

The idea of bigfoot is awesome, I would love to believe it, but I can't quite bring myself to it. I require more evidence than witness accounts, grainy pictures or blurry video. It still fascinates me and I'll watch video's or shows about it, but it's mostly about watching how far people will deceive themselves in order to believe or sell something... kind of like ancient aliens!

Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn View Post
    Nope. For all the years people have been obsessing over it, if we haven't found real evidence of it by now, we never will. As Carl Sagan used to say, "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."
    That's funny. We couldn't find corpses or bones of chimps in parts of Africa for hundreds of years even though we could see them alive and knew they lived there, but only because they wanted to be seen. Look it up
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

10+ Year Old Account
    Everything is real until proven false. That's how it works right? Nevermind, I'm not going into this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighz View Post
    No. There's zero evidence for it.
    Same class as ghosts, Loch Ness monster, analprobing aliens, and so on.
    Are you sure sasquatch isn't just an alien?

I don't think it is real, but it would be totally awesome if it did exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orestis View Post
    You would think that if they actually had something, the scientific community would jump at the opportunity...
    Indeed. At present, all we have is vaporware. Ketchum has an established history of making big claims but has provided zero evidence for any of them to date. Let's also bear in mind that the original source of the story in the media (from late November) isn't a scientific or academic organization, but a press release paid for by Ketchum's own group (and due to soap-opera-like circumstances) (PR link). It positively reeks of pseudoscience. I also noticed she's in the process of making a "documentary" about all this... surely it can't be related! (Apparently bigfeets like blueberry bagels; who knew?)

Ben Radford asks all the right questions:

How did the team definitively determine that the samples were from a Bigfoot? Did they take a blood or saliva sample from a living Bigfoot? If so, how did they get that close, and why didn't they simply capture it or photograph it? If the samples were found in the wild, how do they know it wasn't left by another animal — or possibly even a hunter, hiker or camper who left human genetic material?
    < crickets chirping >

Also worth noting, for comedic value:

Ketchum also issued a statement requesting that the U.S. government immediately recognize Bigfoot as "an indigenous people and immediately protect their human and Constitutional rights against those who would see in their physical and cultural differences a 'license' to hunt, trap, or kill them." Since no Bigfoot has ever been hunted, trapped or killed, it's not clear that the creatures — if they exist — require any special federal protection.

---------- Post added 2012-12-14 at 11:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pfeff View Post
    We couldn't find corpses or bones of chimps in parts of Africa for hundreds of years even though we could see them alive and knew they lived there, but only because they wanted to be seen.
    It's important to note the difference between real species and those which reside in folklore. Sure, certain apes were at one time difficult to verify and catalog in their native habitat (e.g. the mountain gorilla), in remote parts of a distant continent. That shouldn't, however, suggest that a possible discovery of mermaids, satyrs or leprechauns is something we should expect or hope for.
    Last edited by Sayl; 2012-12-15 at 08:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    To start off with I'm Skeptical, I highly doubt it is a real animal.

Here is why:

Hoaxes at the beginning of the popular legend. This makes it really hard to believe the "Evidence" since it is both a pop-cultural myth and it is based almost entirely on a hoax.

Now I think it would be totally cool if it did exists, but nothing suggests to me it is real. With this said after seeing the Penn and Teller episode. dude I am so tempted to make a fake Bigfoot video.

Sure, i know plenty of people with big feet. They walk our streets every day. Quite scary actually >.>