[Frost] Rotation with Nether Tempest in multi-dotting situations

As a Frost Mage so far I have only ever used Frost Bomb, but after I aqcuired LotC I feel like a complete moron for not using a talent that can proc it. So, I have decided that I need to learn how to use Nether Tempest properly. In single-target situations I know that it is basically "have ~100% uptime on your bomb", but how does it change when there is more than one target? Perhaps you can use 25M normal Stone Guards and Will of the Emperor as examples when you explain it.

All help greatly appreciated.
    Regards,
    Fizzle

Deleted
    NT has a higher DPET than Frostbolt, so on Will I always multi dot everything that will live long enough (usually not the ragers) and on Stone Guard I keep it on the 2 dogs being tanked together.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aye, it's always worth it to get NT up to the max targets, which varies between 9 and 12 depending on your haste rating. It's an instant cast, and the damage just happens, it's a wonderful yet sometimes tedious thing.

My advice is to not forget your frostbolt debuff when tabbing around and keeping NT up. When rotating from NT renewal and single target, you don't want to have to go through the ramp-up time again.

as an alternative u could always use living bomb with the fireblast glyph.. easy spread and half the fuss of babysitting all 3 nt targets.. just lb and fireblast..

not much else to say but just place it on every target.. when u get int buffs u can try and renew it on al 3 as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    as an alternative u could always use living bomb with the fireblast glyph.. easy spread and half the fuss of babysitting all 3 nt targets.. just lb and fireblast..

not much else to say but just place it on every target.. when u get int buffs u can try and renew it on al 3 as well.
    The thing for frost though is that LB ticks 3 times slower than NT. This means 1/3 the number of chances to proc LotC and Brain Freeze if you use LB. Does the secondary effect of NT also have a chance to proc LotC and BF?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    The thing for frost though is that LB ticks 3 times slower than NT. This means 1/3 the number of chances to proc LotC and Brain Freeze if you use LB. Does the secondary effect of NT also have a chance to proc LotC and BF?
    NT has a 9% and LB has a 25% chance on each of primary damage ticks to proc brain freeze.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by citizenpete View Post
    NT has a 9% and LB has a 25% chance on each of primary damage ticks to proc brain freeze.
    Good to know. That would mean every LB tick, NT has a 24.6% of at least 1 proc. Which would seem like LB is better, but extra NT ticks are easier to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    idk normally i thought lb ticked way more often.. cause i would use it as frost when on windlord merjerk.. during the prepull id cc my target.. cast frostbolt 3x on skull, use berserking and icy veins.. lb-> fireblast to spread it to 3 targets.. and id have like instant Frostfirebolt procs.. and tons of em..

i found it much easier to use and it did higher dps too because of the 3x explosions..

i guess the question is, if u spread Lb dot to 3 targets.. does each count as a chance to proc ffb.. like 25% x 3 constantly?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    idk normally i thought lb ticked way more often.. cause i would use it as frost when on windlord merjerk.. during the prepull id cc my target.. cast frostbolt 3x on skull, use berserking and icy veins.. lb-> fireblast to spread it to 3 targets.. and id have like instant Frostfirebolt procs.. and tons of em..

i found it much easier to use and it did higher dps too because of the 3x explosions..

i guess the question is, if u spread Lb dot to 3 targets.. does each count as a chance to proc ffb.. like 25% x 3 constantly?
    For 3 targets, LB is definitely faster and easier to apply. It takes 2.5s to LB>Glyphed Fire Blast and 4.5s to NTx3 (before haste). LB and NT only proc BF from the most recently applied bomb.