View Poll Results: Do you support banning AND round-up of said guns in the USA?

Voters
280. This poll is closed
  • No - I'm an American

154 55.00%
  • Yes - I'm an American

27 9.64%
  • No - I'm Not an American

33 11.79%
  • Yes - I'm Not an American

66 23.57%
Page 11 of 328 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrStiglit View Post
    Yes. If people as a whole can't be responsible then they shouldn't be available.. The deaths aren't worth it.
    Then you'll join our campaign to ban knives, hammers and cars, right?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyopz View Post
    Guns are as responsible for this crime as spoons are for keeping you fed.
    No-one has said the gun is responsible for the crime, we are saying the fact that the gun is responsible for the majority of the DEATHS.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well when's a good time to discuss it?

You can't sit there with your fingers in your ears and decide there is absolutely nothing wrong with this picture. Gun regulation can literally mean a thousand different things. All to often people think that regulation would impose a set of rules which would bring the worst case scenario.. there can obviously be a middle ground there somewhere.

When the OKC bombing happened years ago they made it more difficult to obtain that type of fertilizer. Why can't you sit down and logically discuss something? Is it because guns are sacred?

On the converse I imagine 'liberals' could peg others as forgetting a shooting happened and focus on defending the rights of gun owners. Nope, it only has to be one group.

Grow up it's a sad event period. When things like this happen you sit down and discuss how this thing happened. Nothing is fucking sacred, nor should it be.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    3 school shootings in Finland, but it would not be fair to compare entirety of the United States to Finland.
    I'll refer to this chart again:
    http://www.nationmaster.com/red/grap...rearms&b_map=1

America has the 4th most homicides committed with firearms in the world.

You can add the totals for nations from 7-46 and still have less murders total.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    I made a list of the top 50 in modern US history:

Killer/kilers - Date - Where - Body Count
    Hennard, George Pierre - Oct. 16, 1991 - Killeen, TX U.S. - 23
    Huberty, James Oliver- Jul 8, 1984 - San Diego, CA U.S. - 21
    Wong, Jiverly Antares - Apr 3, 2009 - Binghamton, NY U.S. - 13
    Unruh, Howard Barton - Sep. 6, 1949 - Camden, NJ U.S. - 13
    Holmes, James Eagan (charged) - Jul 20, 2012 - Aurora, CO U.S. - 12
    Pough, James Edward - June 17/18, 1990 - Jacksonville, FL U.S. - 11
    McLendon, Michael Kenneth - Mar 10, 2009 - Kinston, Samson & Geneva, AL U.S. - 10
    Starkweather, Charles Raymond - Jan. 21-29, 1958 - Lincoln & Bennet, NE U.S. - 10
    Twigg, Gilbert - Aug. 13, 1903 - Winfield, KS U.S. - 9
    Bertucci, Clarence V. - Jul 8, 1945 - Salina, UT U.S. - 9
    Silka, Michael Alan - April 28 /May 17–19 1984 - Fairbanks & Manley Hot Springs, AK U.S. - 9
    Jones, Walter - Sep. 28 1913 Harriston, MS U.S.-12
    Ferri, Gian Luigi - Jul 1, 1993 - San Francisco, CA U.S. - 8
    Hawkins, Robert A. - Dec. 5, 2007 - Omaha, NE U.S. - 8
    Brown, Carl Robert - Aug. 20, 1982 - Miami, FL U.S. - 8
    Stewart, Robert Kenneth Wayne - Mar 29, 2009 - Carthage, NC U.S. - 8
    Dekraai, Scott Evans - Oct. 12, 2011 - Seal Beach, CA U.S. - 8
    Unknown - Sep. 7, 1982 - Craig, AK U.S. - 8
    Sheley, Nicholas Troy - June 23–30, 2008 - Sterling, Rock Falls & Galesburg, IL - Festus, MO U.S. - 8
    Jim - Mar, 1889 Okeechobee, FL U.S. - 8
    Phillips, Monroe - Mar 6, 1915 - Brunswick, GA U.S. - 7
    Charles, Robert - July 23–27, 1900 - New Orleans, LA U.S.- 7
    Everette, Eugene - March 28/29, 1970 - New York City, NY U.S. - 7
    Ashbrook, Larry Gene - Sep. 15, 1999 - Fort Worth, TX U.S. - 7
    Smith, Roland J. - Dec. 8, 1995 - New York City, NY U.S. - 7
    Ratzmann, Terry Michael, - Mar 12, 2005 Brookfield, WI U.S. - 7
    Collins, Melvin - Nov. 6, 1948 - Chester, PA U.S. - 7
    Collins, Darnell - June 17–21, 1995 - New Jersey, New York City, NY U.S. - 7
    Gung Ung Chang - July 18/19, 1898 - Melrose, CA U.S. - 7
    Reynolds, William - Apr 6, 1902 - Tuscumbia, AL U.S. - 7
    Akers, Arthur - Apr 9, 1916 - Stuttgart, AR U.S. - 7
    Pearson, Eric Emanuel - Mar 16, 1968 - Ironwood, MI U.S. - 7
    Carlton, Julian - Aug. 15, 1914 - Spring Green, WI U.S. - 7
    Ferguson, Colin - Dec. 7, 1993 - Garden City, NY U.S. - 6
    Marcelino, Julian - Nov. 24, 1932 - Seattle, WA U.S. - 6
    Loughner, Jared Lee - Jan. 8, 2011 - Tucson, AZ U.S. - 6
    Cruse, William Bryan - Apr, 1987 - Palm Bay, FL U.S. - 6
    Bonner, William Ray - Apr 22, 1973 - Los Angeles, CA U.S. - 6
    Indian Gully - Aug. 1910 - Willow Patch, NV U.S. - 6
    Cooper, Simon - Jan. 1/7, 1897 - Magnolia & Lynchburg, SC U.S.- 6
    Zamora, Isaac Lee - Sep. 2 2008 - Alger, WA U.S. - 6
    Young, Harry Lyman/Young, Jennings M. - Jan. 2 1932 - Brookline, MO U.S. - 6
    Hastings, Louis D. - Mar 6, 1983 - McCarthy, AK U.S. - 6
    Drake, Lynwood Crumpler - Nov. 7/8, 1992 - Morro Bay, Paso Robles & San Miguel, CA U.S. - 6
    Vang, Chai Soua - Nov. 21, 2004 - Birchwood, WI U.S. - 6
    Huff, Kyle Aaron - Mar 25, 2006 - Seattle, WA U.S. - 6

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Actually, your 'math' is wrong... the person is responsible for ALL. period. When a drunk driver kills someone, do you parade around trying to ban cars? Because by your reasoning it would be the car's fault.
    Bad analogy. People are not trying to use a car as a weapon. Most accidents especially drunk driving are ruled as manslaughter accidents. Meaning the act was not intended, an accident. So banning cars because people choose to drive drunk is not on same page or book compared to mass shootings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aftonflickan View Post
    So according to you there's NO CORRELATION AT ALL between the fact that countries with stricter gun laws and harder legislation regarding where and how it can be bought all have lower shooting rater than the USA? It's just a string of coincidences?
    I have to ask... whats the point in having more laws and regulations if you dont enforce the ones that already exist? Why have laws when you dont punish the offenders?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoweye View Post
    There is nothing to discuss. Free men have rights. Plain and simple.
    Simple explanation and to the point, I see no discussion that needs to be had. Owning a legal gun is a right to all free Americans.

Quote Originally Posted by tlacoatl View Post
    Illegal is many us states:http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...28Parts%29.JPG
    and yet you can buy handguns, rifles, automatics?
    Because the laws are not uniform. People are talking about uniform guns laws in every states adn territory.

Obviously president obama hired the shooter to do this in order to push his anti-gun agenda.

Gun regulation should be discussed regularly and continually refined as society evolves; however the aftermath of a tragedy is NOT the right time. You want reasonable laws that are fairly applied, not knee-jerk reactions to emotionally-charged situations.

Then you'll join our campaign to ban knives, hammers and cars, right?
    No because those things have use values and functions outside of killing. A gun is a tool for killing. A gun is performing it's function when it's killing something. Unless you spread butter with your gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Terielx1 View Post
    You say that we need to regulate better.. but what you are failing to understand is that in many instances, the oregon mall shooting for example, the guns are stolen anyway, so punishing the responsible people for the fucked up in the head go kill everyone peoples actions is just stupid
    Explain how gun control is punishment.

Actually, your 'math' is wrong... the person is responsible for ALL. period. When a drunk driver kills someone, do you parade around trying to ban cars? Because by your reasoning it would be the car's fault.
    No, because cars have lots of uses other than killing people. What are the other things Glocks are good for again?

Quote Originally Posted by Latetomyownfuneral View Post
    No, the HUMAN BEING PULLING THE TRIGGER, is the one responisble for killing the people.
    Again - without the gun 2-3 people die, with the gun 28 people die.... you CANNOT get around that straight forward FACT.

So you're saying that if i give my car into a crowd of people, the car is to blame?
    The car is responsible for the deaths, you are responsible for the act.... if the car wasn't there - far fewer injuries and death would have occurred.

They don't call them people accidents do they now - they call them CAR accidents.

Quote Originally Posted by Stede View Post
    I'm not gonna nitpick out all the nuances. As a guy who owns several firearms and is comfortable breaking them down and re-assembling them a half dozen times before you can finish brushing your teeth, I think I've some credibility and knowledge when I say that the gun culture in the US, overall, sucks a big dick. Most informed folks have drawn the exact same conclusion when comparing ourselves to other countries where firearms are prolific, and yet violence is not.

So excuse me if my broad brush offended your sensibilities, but there's a problem, and it needs to fixed.
    The problem is not with gun ownership. I am a gun owner but I don't subscribe to a "gun culture", whatever that is supposed to refer to. There is a culture of anomie that lies at the heart of all these problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnypockets37 View Post
    Simple explanation and to the point, I see no discussion that needs to be had. Owning a legal gun is a right to all free Americans.
    because it is not a right. The only reason you think it is a right is because of Supreme Court interpretation. Laws can be made to change that or Supreme court can review the interpretation.

Quote Originally Posted by Auloria View Post
    Gun regulation should be discussed regularly and continually refined as society evolves; however the aftermath of a tragedy is NOT the right time. You want reasonable laws that are fairly applied, not knee-jerk reactions to emotionally-charged situations.
    When is the right time then? it's never a right time. It always gets pushed back and ignored. At some point I'm gonna set up a counter on the web somehwere. This many days since last mass shooting in the united states. I wonder how long it will take before these things no longer make the front pages and are reported on page 32.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyopz View Post
    Guns are as responsible for this crime as spoons are for keeping you fed.

There was a story yesterday, albeit less known, of a man in China killing 22 young children in a KNIFE attack. Banning guns will not stop incidents like this from occurring. A better solution would be to train every single member of the staff at every single school in the nation how to defend themselves and their students so that they are self-sufficient in situations like this.
    GET YOUR STORY CORRECT!!!! The man in china killed NOBODY. While its sad if you are trying to say someone with a knife is going to do the same or more damage than someone with high capacity semi-auto weapons is a bad comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    No because those things have use values and functions outside of killing. A gun is a tool for killing. A gun is performing it's function when it's killing something. Unless you spread butter with your gun.
    In rural areas guns are primarily used for hunting. An outright ban doesn't make sense because gun violence is not significant in those areas.