View Poll Results: Do you support banning AND round-up of said guns in the USA?

Voters
280. This poll is closed
  • No - I'm an American

154 55.00%
  • Yes - I'm an American

27 9.64%
  • No - I'm Not an American

33 11.79%
  • Yes - I'm Not an American

66 23.57%
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Latetomyownfuneral View Post
    See korea, vietnam, iraq, afghanistan, gulf war, US settlers VS native americans. US colonies VS the british. I guess the concept of geurilla warfare is foreign to you?
    you confuse a force who did not care who they killed and was unrestrained with morals or int nat law, with nations that either didnt see a profit in it (the u.k) and political will power

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    If you rebel against a military force like the one the Germans were in 1940.. you would not last long. They had no problems putting bullets into the heads of any form of resistance.
    The sort of force I'd want occupying my country. What would they have in store for a family member that looked at them the wrong way.

I wasn't even talking about that kind of resource in my originating post. You are still idiot for getting it wrong the first time.
    I said a gun was a resource, and you called me an idiot for it. What was I wrong about?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Europe has gone through a lot of shit. But, during the time of globalisation, crazy wars like WWI and WWII are very unlikely to ever happen again. Every government depends on each other, with some exclusions like North Korea, or the moon, which can be pretty much ignored.

I'd much rather be "defensless" during the time of a highly unlikely alien invasion during my lifetime, than living in fear of being randomly shot walking down the road every day.
    I hate to break to you and others here...but we don't live in constant fear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vastx View Post
    The sort of force I'd want occupying my country. What would they have in store for a family member that looked at them the wrong way.
    A bullet? Probebly a few. Maybe a dozen magazines if they were bored.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoiler View Post
    I said a gun was a resource, and you called me an idiot for it. What was I wrong about?
    Comprehension.

So put away with the guns then?

What's the problem exactly?

Deleted
    See korea, vietnam, iraq, afghanistan, gulf war, US settlers VS native americans. US colonies VS the british. I guess the concept of geurilla warfare is foreign to you?
    As stated previously, Hitler was willing to wipe entire cities off of the map if Poland and France didn't surrender. Guerilla Warfare isn't going to work in a World War 2 type situation.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    you confuse a force who did not care who they killed and was unrestrained with morals or int nat law, with nations that either didnt see a profit in it (the u.k) and political will power
    Wasn't the why they fought, but how they fought that makes a difference.

Honestly? We do. To a far greater degree than other first world nations. Spend some time talking with Europeans. They're far less afraid of crime, of criminals, of people out to get them.

10+ Year Old Account
    depends on where u live

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidenx View Post
    They had more resources 20 years ago.

Again, are you going to credit all of Americas success to resources? You could argue that Canada is more successful for its population size and has less overall resources.
    So they have 180 years to go, your argument is invalid. (they also have like 20% your population, although i have to admit i have no idea what current US soils occupation was in the early 1800's)

10+ Year Old Account
    A bullet? Probebly a few. Maybe a dozen magazines if they were bored.

Comprehension.

So put away with the guns then?

What's the problem exactly?
    People can own guns for protection AND not be afraid all the time. It's possible, I'm sure....wow.

Not to mention hunters and collectors. Sorry guns scare you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't the why they fought, but how they fought that makes a difference.
    why did the north vietamese lose every military battle :\ and lose more men

why did the russians hardly lose anything

why did the british give up only to nearly get it back in 1812 only to say fuck it again france is acting up

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Honestly? We do. To a far greater degree than other first world nations. Spend some time talking with Europeans. They're far less afraid of crime, of criminals, of people out to get them.
    WE do? Maybe you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    That's not what a No True Scottsman is. You've "defined" your terms in such a subjective and vague way you can and will automatically exclude all counter evidence reflexively. There are many former British holdings that are not fantastic places today.
    That's true, but I was talking about their former coined in the full sense of the term.

India and the others like hong kong are not colonies in the same sense that America and Australia are

This is a fact

Comprehension.

You were the one unable to comprehend what I said I guess?

Which makes more sense? Blame an object because it exists, or blame the person who uses it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The North Remembers View Post
    As stated previously, Hitler was willing to wipe entire cities off of the map if Poland and France didn't surrender. Guerilla Warfare isn't going to work in a World War 2 type situation.
    To add to this, Hitler relied on a strategy called 'blitzkrieg,' or 'lightning war.' In essence, it meant that his air force flew in and bombed civilian buildings, homes, schools, hospitals, anything that presented a target, in the middle of the night, then he rolled in tanks and troops en masse while the invaded country was still reeling from the initial assault. The blitzkrieg was the real "Shock and Awe," because a country where your civilians are reduced to hiding underground to escape the constant bombardment is going to have a bitch of a time trying to organize a civilian militia regardless of the country's gun control laws. That's why he was so successful in France (which also fell due to fundamental flaws in their defense strategy, aka the Maginot Line, only covering part of one side of their border) and Poland (whose allies basically left it high and dry while they wrote strongly-worded letters to Hitler before caving in the hopes of preventing a global war, which happened anyway).
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The North Remembers View Post
    In my opinion and many others, the French Resistance aided the war in Europe greatly. If they had even more numbers, no telling what could of been accomplished.

People can own guns for protection AND not be afraid all the time. It's possible, I'm sure....wow.

Not to mention hunters and collectors. Sorry guns scare you.
    I feel sorry for you if guns do not scare you.

Quote Originally Posted by Twotonsteak View Post
    People who suggest more gun laws are neglecting three simple facts.

1. The guns used in both the Oregon mall shooting and the Sandy Hook school shooting were stolen.
    2. We already have a large number of gun-related laws. We also have a large number of criminals, who can't legally own a gun, owning guns. Maybe we should improve enforcement of existing laws before creating new ones.
    3. Criminals, by definition, don't obey the law. If a criminal wants a gun they will get it. The only people being restricted by new gun laws are the law-abiding citizens.

You ever notice how, whenever some sort of shooting occurs, gun-control pop's up faster than the facts? Ever notice how stories about people using their legally-owned guns to protect themselves, or others, is almost never mentioned on here? One-sided much?

I'd just like to point out that getting hold of a gun in a country where gun laws are extremely restrictive is a very hard thing to do without having ties into criminal organisations.

Take away everyone's guns and its suddenly a lot harder to steal one too.

Obviously though, guns wont suddenly disappear because people will try to hide them, and would be a process that takes decades to be fully effective, but the outcome is good. In my opinion anyway...