View Poll Results: Do you support banning AND round-up of said guns in the USA?

Voters
280. This poll is closed
  • No - I'm an American

154 55.00%
  • Yes - I'm an American

27 9.64%
  • No - I'm Not an American

33 11.79%
  • Yes - I'm Not an American

66 23.57%
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Here... let me spell it out for you... I bring up the car because folks blame the gun... in reality neither the gun or the car are responsible for the person's death, because they are inanimate objects... the SOLE cause of the death is the person using the car or the gun... period.

Next, I will ask you flat out and blunt... why make more laws if the laws that exist aren't being followed? Why even have laws if you aren't going to punish the offenders? Now... Answer those two questions.
    I'm done because you repetitively miss the point.

We DON'T BLAME THE FUCKING GUN.

We see that the gun makes the violent offender even more effective at killing people than he would be if he were unarmed.

Voilent offenders aren't purposely getting into CARS in order to mass murder people ffs.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    venison's dear?
    No, it's deer! BADUM! TISH!

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I don't know what to think anymore.

I mean you hear about violence in other countries and there's a lot more countries with a much higher crime rate then the U.S.

But I rarely hear about someone shooting up a school or a mall or what have you. And the times when this has happened in the U.S. it's usually not a known criminal doing the shooting it's just a random someone that "went off."

Maybe gun control and regulation does have something to do with it but maybe it's much more complex than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggowaffles View Post
    You realize that the only reason those guns are obtained legally is because they are legally obtainable right? If we had regulations to make them illegal they would all just shift into the illegally purchased category.

Are you really this delusional?

what is this I don't even...

The problem is that the regulations don't work, at all. Your argument (if you want to call it that) makes the assumption that if a person cannot obtain or gain access to a weapon legally they will just obtain it illegally. When the data suggests that the access to legal firearms predicates violent action more easily.

Again, how many times are gangs going into schools and shooting kids en masse? It's usually a legal firearm that belongs to the individual or someone they know and have access to.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cr...-with-firearms

this years numbers, looks like the US is actually down from previous years. I've been quoting the 2010 30k number, we only had 10k, of course the 30k included suicides and accidents.
    Now, divide those numbers by the reported population and get the actual rate of gun related deaths...

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    I'm done because you repetitively miss the point.

We DON'T BLAME THE FUCKING GUN.

We see that the gun makes the violent offender even more effective at killing people than he would be if he were unarmed.

Voilent offenders aren't purposely getting into CARS in order to mass murder people ffs.
    Maybe a world of warcraft analogy would help those who continually fail to understand how reality works.

A mage without any spellpower at lvl 1 is going to suck at killing people, especially if they try to just attack with their hands. They'd probably die in the process. But give that mage a few thousand spell power, a lot of haste, and some extra mana, and they can farm mobs almost instantly and get the quest done that much quicker.

Stealing a gun is illegal, killing with a gun is illegal, mental disability/disorder owning a gun is illegal, possessing a gun on educational grounds is illegal most everywhere. Out side of using a gun, there are lots of other links to this type of crime that should be considered. Male, late teens-mid twenties. Murdered/assulted using stolen items, in a place it is illegal to have them. Mental disturbance of some kind. All of them are acts of revenge in the perpetrator's eyes. It is also this age range that there are the most suicides among males. It is a volatile time for lots of people in general in that time frame. The real tragedy is that society has some how either encouraged these acts, or has done nothing to help these people through what ever problem they have. That would be the best thing to do IMO. have some sort of in depth psycho analization done around junior year in highschool, and you would likely catch red flags. You could also push a psychoanalysis mandate through health insurance providers, that everyone get tested every year. This way you catch the crazies before they act, and not punish the other millions who aren't going around harming others. This is the debate that should really be taking place.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Maybe a world of warcraft analogy would help those who continually fail to understand how reality works.

A mage without any spellpower at lvl 1 is going to suck at killing people, especially if they try to just attack with their hands. They'd probably die in the process. But give that mage a few thousand spell power, a lot of haste, and some extra mana, and they can farm mobs almost instantly and get the quest done that much quicker.
    Heheh, phunny guy be. Me like ya! :P
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Foreign countries get so excited over this issue why? Sillys

Quote Originally Posted by yuca247 View Post
    Honestly, I don't know what to think anymore.

I mean you hear about violence in other countries and there's a lot more countries with a much higher crime rate then the U.S.

But I rarely hear about someone shooting up a school or a mall or what have you. And the times when this has happened in the U.S. it's usually not a known criminal doing the shooting it's just a random someone that "went off."

Maybe gun control and regulation does have something to do with it but maybe it's much more complex than that.
    Nobody claims to know an easy solution to this problems, since there is none. There´s crime, violence and murder in every society on this planet. It´s just that so many lives could easily be safed, by just reevaluating gun laws. And if not now, when is the time? How many more have to die? 5000? 25000?

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Everytime a shooting happens this stupid topic comes up. Gun control makes no difference to the crazy people they can get them very easily in fact, more easily than those who follow gun regulations so your point is moot. You want them to ban guns? Not that I care but it won't happen the nuts will still be able to get them.

The way I see it, we could have stricter laws on background checks. People with mental illness and PTSD shouldn't be allowed to have a gun. Back in the 1700's when the DoI was brought to people, I don't think they foresaw 300+ years down the road. We have many things now compared to 1700's. You would figure as times changed, people would get more intelligent. But that's not the case now. I think guns should hold more penalties if say the person who sold the gun, ended up selling it to someone with a mental background, wither they are licensed to sell or not. People get away with much, and people feel their "freedom" is at stake. Some people believe God made these people do it, and allowed it to be with Jesus. Personally I don't think God makes the world the way it is, we do. And he or she has to sit back and just watch us ruin it and say to themselves "geez..."

But that aside, I think so. It's about time, deaths are taking their toll now and there's nothing else we can do. Just because you have a gun and think it'll protect you, wait until a loved one turns it on you. I bet that mother thought her son would always protect her since he had that gun, but sadly...he turned it on her.

Quote Originally Posted by Zallex View Post
    i guess the mods allow nation bashing if it's against America.... If you are european how bout u fix your own damn country and not try to push ur fucked up laws on us huh???

The amount of communists on this forum is staggering.
    Funny? Gun control isn't communism, and calling gun control 'fucked up' is just...bizarre! For instance...take the UK - where they are quite restrictive concerning guns...their murder rate with firearms is .22/100 000 people. Compare that to the 9 per 100000 in the US - and THEY need fixing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Desareon View Post

Second deadliest school shooting on the Numerological Eve of the first shooting.

9s, 5s and 11s are always present with shit like this, just saying....

0.o

Ummm..... /facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    Sure does. If a bunch of criminals wanna kill each other thats fine by me. Means less dangerous people out there and less money spent taking them to trial and keeping them in prison. I say take all criminals put them on an island with a bunch of guns and let Darwinism take over.
    That isn't the answer either. Money for schools, bring back jobs, that will lower crime.

--

As to Chicago Ill. Nothing will lower the Crime rate in that town. until they fix some major issues with everything there.

maybe usa needs to pass law against ammo, everyone is allowed to keep their guns but noone is allowed to buy any ammo = problem solved kthnxbb

Can I be your next President now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Problem with the argument you just did is cos unless the legislation is the same all over the country it is not really hard to see how much less effective the Chicago legislation is on its own.
    Here, let me help you... my point is the gun ban only prevents citizens from having legal guns... it doesn't do a damn thing to keep the gangbangers from having them and killing each other or innocent folks.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Twotonsteak View Post
    Both guns were stolen. Funny things, that. Criminals, by definition, don't obey the law.
    I thought they were reporting that all of the guns were legally owned by his mother. Isn't very difficult to "steal" guns from your mom in the house you live in. Would be more difficult to find an underground gun dealer and illegally purchase weapons from them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Everytime a shooting happens this stupid topic comes up. Gun control makes no difference to the crazy people they can get them very easily in fact, more easily than those who follow gun regulations so your point is moot. You want them to ban guns? Not that I care but it won't happen the nuts will still be able to get them.
    Pretty common misconception as well, extremely few posters are talking about a ban but regulations.
    In fact 9/10 times the word ban gets mentioned it is from a pro-gun poster
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Now, divide those numbers by the reported population and get the actual rate of gun related deaths...
    Grats, you have a higher firearms related homicide rate than Burma. By a substantial magnitude.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

No time ever, because constitution.