Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

I don't see how MoP can't be the best expansion.

I know people say TBC was the best expansion EVER, but nostalgia aside...
    What could you do in TBC? Other else than Heroics/Raid/PvP?

And this is coming from someone who started playing in 2004.

In MoP you have endless stuff to do.
    On top of the Heroics/Raids/PvP, there is:

Treasure hunting, archeology titles
    Pet battles (Which in itself is almost a game),
    Farmville,
    Achievement hunting (Achievements weren't out until late TBC)
    Mount farming,
    Scenarios,
    World PvP is back

And I'm probably missing some.

Even though I had fun farming UBRS daily for 3+ months to get my Tier 0.5 Valor chest, I can say that I would had had a blast if MoP content was in there.

It is really good.

Just bummed that pvp is a disaster.

10+ Year Old Account
    My favorite will always be wrath, it had a great balance, but tbc yeah.. a lot of it is nostaligia imo. I loved it, it had it's moments... but i you think mop dailies are a pain? Try grinding rep for a tallbuk
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    As Tornainbow said, pvp is really bad at the moment.. They have a lot of work to get it back into a better state for sure.

But as far as the rest of the expension, I agree with you, to me it feels like the best expansion so far.

I am too a TBC player and I loved TBC. But tbh I have to agree, although the raids lack atmosphere to me MOP is a great exp. I don't dig the pandas but the content and the rest is great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every expansion has that "why would they do this" after release. The biggest negative thing I have seen is the daily quests. Nothing else really has been negatively received in a big way.

10+ Year Old Account
    MOP is by far Blizzard's best content ever.
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    Every expansion has that "why would they do this" after release. The biggest negative thing I have seen is the daily quests. Nothing else really has been negatively received in a big way.
    The thing is that people were complaining that there was too little to do.
    People always complain.

MoP is the best expansion - people always complain about current expansions - but once the next expansion is launched they will remember MoP very friendly.
    Classic had the "first time" bonus but was bugged like hell, imbalanced like crazy and had incomplete content (remember placeholder T2 items and stuff like that?).
    BC was imbalanced, way to hard at first, no real casual content, many very very annoying reputation grinds and mandatory questlines and was only awesome if you where in these 5-10% that hat a good 25-man raid that was able to clear all content. Else you had no casual content or got stuck with overtuned raidbosses causing many raidguilds to give up. WotlK was way too easy at first, had the icecrown raid way too long (over a year!) and removed the skill from dungeons (it was only AE tanking and nuking). MoP has just the right balance right now. Not too easy (except LFR but that is supposed to be easy) and not too hard. Tons and tons of casual gameplay and things to do beside raiding. MoP is really awesome.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

They tried so hard to make this a good expansion, but totally missed the mark. My guess is that they just weren't able to recover from the cripplingly bad theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Genetikz View Post
    I know people say TBC was the best expansion EVER, but nostalgia aside...
    What could you do in TBC? Other else than Heroics/Raid/PvP?

And this is coming from someone who started playing in 2004.

In MoP you have endless stuff to do.
    On top of the Heroics/Raids/PvP, there is:

Treasure hunting, archeology titles
    Pet battles (Which in itself is almost a game),
    Farmville,
    Achievement hunting (Achievements weren't out until late TBC)
    Mount farming,
    Scenarios,
    World PvP is back

And I'm probably missing some.

Even though I had fun farming UBRS daily for 3+ months to get my Tier 0.5 Valor chest, I can say that I would had had a blast if MoP content was in there.

Okay so Arch. First of all it was updated with no epics to haunt. The only real good change was the boxes you can turn into other fragments.

Treasure hunting its just a silly, hidden time waster really. Id do it for achivements, and thats that.

Pet Batteles I wouldent know about, since I havent bothered try it yet. I much rather play pokemon instead

Tillers, while it looked promising for some fun cooking stuff, turned out to just be another daylie-faction grind. The things you plant aint very interesting or usefull. The "ways" you can get cooking skills inn are also just a money/mats dump for no real reason, just so you can get feastes etc.

Achivements are OK inn MOP, wont deney that. But again - they dont stand out as fantastic either, many of them resembels what we had for years.

Mount farming, Im not sure what you mean here. No 5 man bosses drops a new mount as far as I recall, and was it only Elegon that has a raid drop mount, dunno? If you mean crafted panthers and faction daylies grinds then...erhm okay, yea not really mount farming inn my world.

Scenarios for me are just annoying. I cant quit get into it and enjoy it. They just dont feel right.

World PvP aint back unless you play a realm that supports it, witch is something that kinda died out inn WOTLK completely, to a point where now almost no realm has decent even faction balance. I will say they try make world pvp happen, but its still comes down to realm ratio, witch they dont wanna fix.

I will also add that 5 mans seems alot worser inn MOP, less reason to run them and Justice points was made near-useless.

And honestly; WHERE ARE MY FACTIONS I CAN GRIND WITHOUT DOING DAYLIES? I really miss factions where I can choose the speed off rep-gain.

Edit; lol ofcourse pancaspe comes inn to praise wow like any other thread.
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2012-12-14 at 11:49 PM.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mosely View Post
    They tried so hard to make this a good expansion, but totally missed the mark. My guess is that they just weren't able to recover from the cripplingly bad theme.
    Ok, what is the problem with Mists out of interst. The theme is awesome, war coming to a peaceful land and having the Horde and Alloance fight over it..

Unless you are just looking at the pandas

I liked the rep grind style better in TBC, collecting things and dungeon kill rep allowed you to grind effectively when you wanted, not on a daily basis.

The grievance is small though. MoP blows Cata out of the water so it's a great improvement. A lot of the features you listed I find to be superfluous and a waste of time, but there's no denying the expansion overall is well done. Whether it's the best is hard to say, nostalgia is too strong to judge accurately.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post

And honestly; WHERE ARE MY FACTIONS I CAN GRIND WITHOUT DOING DAYLIES? I really miss factions where I can choose the speed off rep-gain.
    Wooo highfive, same issue. I miss my Fel armament and Mark of Sargeras collection grinds. I would also love another Cenarion Circle (lvl 60 silithus) style reputation, took forever but fun.
    Last edited by Dhurn; 2012-12-14 at 11:57 PM.

People always said there was so much to do in TBC. Want to know what I was able to do? Dalies on that Island, Kara, GL, some heroics, and afk in Shatt. Yeah, soooooo much better right guys?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

That's funny, I don't see how mope CAN be the best expansion. I don't even see how it can be considered good.

People are funny. Many of you insist that this is the best expansion but you also insist that any decline in activity or subs is due to it being an 8 year old game. Well if that's the case then it's glory days are behind it and this can't be the best expansion.

I don't see how it CAN be the best expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    That's funny, I don't see how mope CAN be the best expansion. I don't even see how it can be considered good.
    Maybe because you have yet to play it *proven* and love to talk shit about it?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mosely View Post
    I can understand when someone says "the theme just doesn't appeal to me" or that they find the theme not to their liking, which is close to the same. That's fine, everyone has an opinion. But calling it a cripplingly bad theme? That's just ridiculous, not to call it something worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Deleted
    double negative, my brain imploded

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    People are funny. Many of you insist that this is the best expansion but you also insist that any decline in activity or subs is due to it being an 8 year old game. Well if that's the case then it's glory days are behind it and this can't be the best expansion.

I don't see how it CAN be the best expansion.
    Numbers..Numbers..Numbers

Maybe play the game and find out from EXPERIENCE