Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Belmorn View Post
    If you are 485 now from solely doing LFR , then all I can say you have been very fortunate as well, I know many who only have gotten 1 loot / week from LFR and even some items more than once and the 489 valor gear isnt exactly a HUGE ilvl bump to this.

Lastly, you can do what I always do and enjoy a lot : making gold
    Well I played MoP from the very start so I have had a lot of VP and a lot of Elder Charms to use.
    Grinding for gold never appealed to me though :/ I have 100k now and its enough for me. Already bought all the BoE mounts and pets I wanted. Not much use for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Town Drunk View Post
    DingoBongo not to be a jerk but if you have done all that you play the game wayyyy to much ...try another game or maybe pick up another hobby ..like for me I workout and try to learn the guitar which leaves not a lot of time to play wow ...so I have a lot to do in game .
    I actually only play a few hours a day except for weekends, but thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffter View Post
    It seems a bit contradictory to say that you don't have enough to do but that you also don't have time to do all of the content (raiding). I'd recommend trying to find a casual raiding guild with a schedule that works with yours.
    I only play for a few hours a day and they aren't always consistant. So basically I've ran out of pickup and play things to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    What did you do in wrath? What about Cata? There is more to do now than there has ever been. And bots have always been in bg's. There isn't a huge influx of them all of the sudden. It seems like you're just looking for reasons to cross things off of your list. Maybe it's time for a break? I mean, why pay for something you're starting to get bored of and not want to do things.
    Yeah there is more now than ever I know. I guess I have just done it all too much. In LK I did almost nothing but BGs and World PvP. But I really didn't like the Cata PvP changes, and bots started getting too much, and so I didn't play for most of it. I came back towards the end of Cata and did pretty much what I do now, do LFR and cap VP, focusing on old raids, dailies and other stuff that doesn't require too much time at once.

Even though there is more to do now, I still really just wanted to know what everyone else is doing at the moment but I guess I am not alone.
    Last edited by dingobongo; 2012-12-15 at 06:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus4eva View Post
    I have 71 exalted reputations now, 15000 achievement points, I'm pretty much done with the game for now. I log on for LFR and valor cap and that's about it. I'm done with dailies and I don't raid, I have 21 pets at 25 and I can't be bothered getting any more higher than that. I also have just under 500 pets collected

Currently playing alternative games which I never realised existed until now.
    WOW I am almost in exactly the same position as you: same reps; ach points and pets.

I am also considering a break.

Most of my friends from our 6 year old guild have now left... 90% didn't even check out the new expansion [they thought it sounded childish]. So no more raiding for us.

I will be sad to say goodbye to Warcraft, but PVP was always my favourite activity, well BGs to be precise. PVP is appalling in this expansion and randon BGs are almost entirely filled with bots.

Time to bow out.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just can't understand how someone can have "nothing to do" in WOW. It baffles me.
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by killidan View Post
    I bought it just to see if anything is exciting after a 1.5 years of hiatus.

It is just plain boring.

There is indeed Farmville in WoW. I'm not a Facebook fan and never played the real Farmville. Not the Farmville, but the mobs around Farmville are so out of place. Giant rat-like creatures. It's gross.

Pet battles is another Ewww! Haven't tried that.

The worst of all tho is there is no warcraft in wow anymore. It's World of Pandacrap. My beloved Warcraft was removed from the game.

The best thing is realms are not as empty as in Cata or as in SWTOR/GW2.
    Now we know you're clearly trolling. There are so MANY wrongs with your statement.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think ideally for the most part you only need to sub about 2 months at release and 1 month per raid tier patch to more or less get what I want out of WoW. Makes it nice though with how slow patches are thats only 3-4 months in year 1 and 2-3 months on year two of an expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    I just can't understand how someone can have "nothing to do" in WOW. It baffles me.
    Not so much nothing to do as nothing they want to do. If you reach a point where you're tired of the raid bosses and the dailies, and you're not interested in any of the minigame things, at some point you can't find anything more you want to do. Best time to take a break. I'm only going through the 5.1 story at this point. Once I'm through I'll probably take a break til 5.2

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    The max I could ever see anyone needing is 22.
    Some people, like myself, love to try different race class combos, even in the same faction. For example I have a night elf druid and rogue, but also one of each as worgen.

10+ Year Old Account
    BEats me how you have nothing to do really, I need more time. So far levelled2 toons to 90, normally I would have 5 or 6 at least at max level but there's so much to do I haven't gotten around to leveling others yet...

Sounds to me you burned through the content way too fast. I'm still not rep capped on all factions with my main. Just completed KLaxxi this week, almost done with AC and ofc still working on Shield Wall. I do raid 2 nights a week though so that cuts into the time ofr other stuff but I do:
    - Pet battles so every often
    - Occasional Challenge MOde
    - Farming
    - I did do the Tillers and Anglers rep (including friendships and Nat Pagle)
    - Still doing treasures of Pandaria (only 8 to go)
    - Occasional scenario
    - I'm not capping VP even every week

But seeing how much you already did, I cannot come to any other conclusion that you're not really a casual player in my opinion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by velde046 View Post
    BEats me how you have nothing to do really, I need more time. So far levelled2 toons to 90, normally I would have 5 or 6 at least at max level but there's so much to do I haven't gotten around to leveling others yet...

Sounds to me you burned through the content way too fast. I'm still not rep capped on all factions with my main. Just completed KLaxxi this week, almost done with AC and ofc still working on Shield Wall. I do raid 2 nights a week though so that cuts into the time ofr other stuff but I do:
    - Pet battles so every often
    not interesting, washed down version of Pokemon, if it had the same depth that Pokemon has it would actually be interesting
    - Occasional Challenge MOde
    not interesting, basically the same dungeon, but on a time run
    - Farming
    farming what? I've been sitting on enough gold for years now just by playing the AH
    - I did do the Tillers and Anglers rep (including friendships and Nat Pagle)
    already done them weeks ago, Nat Pagle is just stupid, honestly the time you have to invest into that is ridiculous
    - Still doing treasures of Pandaria (only 8 to go)
    haven't even found one yet
    - Occasional scenario
    done scenarios a couple of times, no real reason to run them anymore
    - I'm not capping VP even every week
    capping VP is one of the most annoying things to do in the game, I was actually glad to say, I'm not gonna do that anymore, but then they come up with this legendary quest where I have to collect 6000 VP before I can continue

But seeing how much you already did, I cannot come to any other conclusion that you're not really a casual player in my opinion.
    I'm a casual player, but I'm someone who started doing all those things almost 3 months ago
    of course I run out of stuff to do now

I'm back to cata, attempting to level alts but once I get to 86 I just want to stop

Quote Originally Posted by tylenol View Post
    I'm back to cata, attempting to level alts but once I get to 86 I just want to stop
    Agree with this Pandaria levelling isn't bad, it's quite okay. When you get to Townlong/Dread Wastes though I want to kill myself, it's so awful. I really enjoy Jade Forest, Valley of the Four Winds (excluding Nesingwary) and Kun-Lai.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HamSandwichFace View Post
    Agree with this Pandaria levelling isn't bad, it's quite okay. When you get to Townlong/Dread Wastes though I want to kill myself, it's so awful. I really enjoy Jade Forest, Valley of the Four Winds (excluding Nesingwary) and Kun-Lai.
    I like Dread Wastes but I really agree on Townlong. Don't like Kunlai much either.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I've decided to go extra casual this expansion. I've only gotten 2 of my 10 characters to max level, the rest still 85-87. I only do one or two faction rep grinds at a time, such as right now finishing off golden lotus and doing shado pan dailies. Pet battles I'm doing veeeery slowly, since I find it kind of boring but i love mini pets.

In truth if you've done most of the mists content already then indeed level an alt, maybe try the other faction you don't usually play and see questing from that angle.
    wow i only leveled 1 to 90, i realy cba grinding another 1..

doing pvp only tho and some fail dailies

Deleted
    You are allowed to quit and take a break until they add more content.
    There is no bonus for staying subbed.

Probably don't play as much.

Christ, either you're lying or you've been playing 20 hours a day since launch.

I still have lots to do like leveling one of each class and faction to 90. I don't know why people only play one toon and one faction since that is like only experiencing a fraction of the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Probably don't play as much.

Christ, either you're lying or you've been playing 20 hours a day since launch.
    I can't understand where you get that idea from. You don't have to play a lot to finish all that stuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus4eva View Post
    I have 71 exalted reputations now, 15000 achievement points, I'm pretty much done with the game for now. I log on for LFR and valor cap and that's about it. I'm done with dailies and I don't raid, I have 21 pets at 25 and I can't be bothered getting any more higher than that. I also have just under 500 pets collected

Currently playing alternative games which I never realised existed until now.
    honestly if you have only 15k achi points you're missing really A LOT of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    I can't understand where you get that idea from. You don't have to play a lot to finish all that stuff.
    The way I see it, from the things you've said you've done, responses to suggestions to things people have given for things to do, and this last response here I'd agree, one doesn't have to play much to finish all the easy to do things in the game. You can fly all over the map in about an hour and get Explorer, you can level a pet to 25 in an couple hours, all the "surface" things of WoW can be done in a relatively short amount of time. If you have no interest in doing the "in-depth" aspects of the game, then you'll need to just wait for them to put in more easy things to knock off in a few minutes for instant gratitude. You say you haven't even found 1 Treasure - so obviously getting Titles isn't something that interests you. You say you have "all the mounts and pets" you want, but don't really say what that entails because obviously you could farm for Ashes, Ony, various dungeon mounts (zg/vp/strat/etc) if you don't have them, you said you've done archaeology "to death" but not stated if you've completed it (again another Title that you may not be interested in getting), there's all the "fluff" items from the rares in MoP, the new pets from old raid instances, so on and so forth. I've got just about 18,000 Achievement points and feel like there's still plenty to do - so it just depends how far below the surface of the game you want to go.

Nope, I have a ton of shit to do.

I raid tonight and tomorrow night, I have winters veil to finish so I can get "What a long strange trip it's been", I have LFR To do on 3 different 90s from Mogu'Shan to Terrace, I have a DK I am having a BLAST leveling in Pandaria, As well as doing the old world raids for the pets, Finish up my Golden Lotus rep for exalted today

Sorry I'm not a nay-sayer that goes "I"M UNSUBBING" because I'm uncreative with what to do with my time.
    Last edited by Malcor; 2012-12-15 at 05:37 PM.