Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Individual is crazy and does insane act, media and politicians use it for fuel for their agenda. This is nothing new. It's a sad loss of life but humanity will never be humane.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

If you believe in God, then you know god is EVERYWHERE - even in a whorehouse or with the mexican mafia when they kill people with chainsaws and of course in every school in every country. If you don't believe in god, then you know that good and evil are done by humans and that's it. No matter where and when.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    If you believe in God, then you know god is EVERYWHERE - even in a whorehouse or with the mexican mafia when they kill people with chainsaws and of course in every school in every country. If you don't believe in god, then you know that good and evil are done by humans and that's it. No matter where and when.
    Problem is everyone has their own personal religious beliefs, there is no such thing as "true Christian" unless we're talking about those who take the Bible literally.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Problem is everyone has their own personal religious beliefs, there is no such thing as "true Christian" unless we're talking about those who take the Bible literally.
    If you believe in a single god then you are following one of the monotheistic religions and all those state, that god is everywhere and knows everything. Would be a pretty lame god if a human law could prevent him from seeing anything, wouldn't he?

10+ Year Old Account
    There are not enough words to describe how angry that shirt makes me...

Omnipotence fail....
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    I think the timing is despicable, but they have a right to think that if prayer was in school that kids would behave better.

I think each person will take it differently. First I thought they were trying to say that if the kids had prayed harder that they would still be alive. Then a friend said that he posted it because he thinks that kids would behave better if they had Christian values in schools. Problem is that this shooter did not go to this school.
    The statement is that because the movement to remove "One nation under God" from the pledge of allegiance takes God out of school, so he can no longer help children be safe from mass shootings. My post provided several hundred school shootings in America while the pledge of allegiance contained God.

If you believe in a single god then you are following one of the monotheistic religions and all those state, that god is everywhere and knows everything. Would be a pretty lame god if a human law could prevent him from seeing anything, wouldn't he?
    People believe what they want to believe, they pick and choose from religious texts and then add their own flavor to it. That's what I meant.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    There are not enough words to describe how angry that shirt makes me...

Omnipotence fail....
    I am with you there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    People believe what they want to believe, they pick and choose from religious texts and then add their own flavor to it. That's what I meant.
    There are always idiots who do not even understand the absolute basics of their own religion.

Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    Actually one of the biggest premises of Christianity is "One true God" and I'm pretty sure it says to actually says "Go out and kill the heathens of other false gods" in the bible.
    First commandment - I am the Lord your God, You shall have no other gods before me, You shall not make for yourself an idol.

Other Gods existed in the minds of early Jews. Judaism was actually a Monolatry originally. Furthermore, previous dieties such as Baal were worshiped along side God. Note the First Commandment ACKNOWLEDGES other gods..."no other God before me."

Over time Jews consolidated their beliefs and became monotheistic. It's not just a coincidence that Baal eventually was turned into a demon in Christianity. It was the result of a power play by Israeli High Priests and Kings circa the 7th and 8th century BCE.

And your assumption is just plain wrong. Religions sure have been corrupted over time to meet peoples agenda but, at it's core, Christianity sure doesn't preach violence.

I don't have a problem with the T-shirt. I have a problem with what religion has become. When you look at the two major religions Christianity and Islam, their core belief system is pretty solid. I'm not talking about God - I'm talking about human interactions and how to treat other people. Sadly, religion rarely teaches this anymore and the Catholic Church especially just has it's own agenda. Islam is just as bad with Fundamentalists taking passages from the Qur'an to the extreme (and out of context).

I'm talking simple shit like don't kill and steal, respect your parents, etc.
    Last edited by Psilar; 2012-12-15 at 06:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sulfuric View Post
    The statement is that because the movement to remove "One nation under God" from the pledge of allegiance takes God out of school, so he can no longer help children be safe from mass shootings. My post provided several hundred school shootings in America while the pledge of allegiance contained God.
    Several hundred, no... I counted... and I counted from the beginning... long long long long before there was God in the pledge. If you want credibility at least speak the truth.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

There are always idiots who do not even understand the absolute basics of their own religion.
    I don't think you're getting what I'm trying to say. Unless you mean to say that only the those take their religion literally are the "true believers", I assume not; because those people are batshit crazy & dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Several hundred, no... I counted... and I counted from the beginning... long long long long before there was God in the pledge. If you want credibility at least speak the truth.
    76 shootings since "one nation under God" was added in 1954, hundreds of deaths according to the link I provided.

Dear God,

You are always welcome in schools. It's the religions that people have invented to give themselves power over their fellow humans that aren't.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Deleted
    Just one week, 7 days before the " end of the world " what a surprise !!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Actually one of the biggest premises of Christianity is "One true God" and I'm pretty sure it says to actually says "Go out and kill the heathens of other false gods" in the bible.
    Actually it's more complex than that but on-top of that "one true saviour" is probably the most iconic premise. As for an explicit call for violence against unbelievers - there is no such call for that in the gospels at all.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    Actually it's more complex than that but on-top of that "one true saviour" is probably the most iconic premise. As for an explicit call for violence against unbelievers - there is no such call for that in the gospels at all.
    Maybe the kill heathens part was from the quran, They're the same to me, both insane. But I do know that the old testament did call for violence towards those who opposed Abraham's Single God.

Maybe the kill heathens part was from the quran, They're the same to me, both insane. But I do know that the old testament did call for violence towards those who opposed Abraham's Single God.
    I know both the old & new is pro-slavery. I recall there being some other silly stuff in there, but I haven't really studied the bible that much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    I think the timing is despicable, but they have a right to think that if prayer was in school that kids would behave better.

I think each person will take it differently. First I thought they were trying to say that if the kids had prayed harder that they would still be alive. Then a friend said that he posted it because he thinks that kids would behave better if they had Christian values in schools. Problem is that this shooter did not go to this school.
    Christians, Muslims, Jews etc etc.., name one type of religion over the past centuries that haven't used violence as a means to an end..!

It's stupid that there are still people in the 21st century thinking religion will change anything, it's even more stupid that some people buy into this sort of despicable nonsense!
    While it most likely won't remove all of these episode, changing the the legislation on guns and re-writing the constitution to a more modern perspective that fits modern day life would with out a doubt remove a lot of these episode.

I can only say, I honestly hope the people working for keeping the guns out amongst everyone have they're own family put in situations like these.., let them carry the grief and sorrow for all of time!

Quote Originally Posted by Banzhe View Post
    I can only say, I honestly hope the people working for keeping the guns out amongst everyone have they're own family put in situations like these.., let them carry the grief and sorrow for all of time!
    That's really a horrible thing to say you should delete that, gun advocates do not deserve to have their family members shot.