Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Epsi View Post
    How to solo Spine as Elemental in 6.0? Dude rolls too often
    Did it about 30 minutes ago and it's really annoying. Since you have to cast, it makes it very annoying however Spiritwalker's Grace definitely helps a lot. If I had to redo this achievement, I'd definitely switch to Enhancement next time.

Just managed to solo 25h Spine as enhance, working on madness now.
    Edit: just downed madness as well.
    Last edited by nexellent; 2014-10-31 at 05:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Epsi View Post
    How to solo Spine as Elemental in 6.0? Dude rolls too often
    It's actually really easy once you know what to do and have a proper roll timer. I would also highly recommend removing the legendary cloak and remove lightning shield. What you basically do is kill all but one of the Tentacles and move up to the top right/left and stand on the goo so you don't fall off. This will cause Deathwing to repeatably roll, throwing off all the big adds. Now you just stand there and wait and count until you got nine blood adds up (throw a couple of heals on yourself). Once you see that, go towards the frontmiddle (where you blow the big add up), throw down a earthquake and kill the tentacle you left up. This is where the timer comes in handy, you gotta walk back and forth across his ridge so he keeps wanting to roll left or right and get the big add to pick up all the bloods (should be simple enough, just dont kill the add before he got his 9 stacks). Once you got 9 stacks, simply nuke the add while walking back and forth to stop him from rolling, have him blow the plate off, nuke the burning tendon, and repeat until you've blown all three off. It might seem like a wall of text, but it's really simple once you know what do do.

TLDR; Kill all but one tentacle, stack top right/left, wait until 9 adds, nuke adds, kill tentacle, soak add with dead adds to 9 stacks, dance while killing add, nuke burning tendon, repeat two more times.

Still impossible to do Yogg 25. Once you get stunned by sara or the Black Plague debuff, it just snowballs from there. And cast times are just too slow on Ele to make it in one brain phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Jin84 View Post
    Still impossible to do Yogg 25. Once you get stunned by sara or the Black Plague debuff, it just snowballs from there. And cast times are just too slow on Ele to make it in one brain phase.
    It's entirely possible as Elemental? It's actually pretty easy... Earthquake on top of yourself when you're about to get picked up, run around killing as many tentacles as possible before Brain Portals, go inside pop Spiritwalkers and kill all the adds, DPS the brain (don't even need CD's or anything), when you're out kill the rest of the tentacles (should be 1-2 max), pop CD's on boss. GG You could even save CD's for the brain, Idk I do it on two elemental shamans a week and one shot it on both.

Just cleared all DS 10 man bosses very easily. Just died once on spine due to being rolled out.
    My ilvi is 550 as ele shaman.
    Did it without DBM just nuke.
    On spine to get the roll right when u see "is about to roll right" go on the left and wait for the same message(left),repeat.

7+ Year Old Account
    As ele shaman how are you doing spine? My mastery just smashes the amalgamation without me touching him. Only when killing the blobs..

Quote Originally Posted by Mixe View Post
    As ele shaman how are you doing spine? My mastery just smashes the amalgamation without me touching him. Only when killing the blobs..
    did you try killing the 9 blobs, and then killing the last tentacle to summon the amalg?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nexellent View Post
    did you try killing the 9 blobs, and then killing the last tentacle to summon the amalg?
    No but ill try that, thanks ^^

Yeah I had the same problem. I had to kill the 9 blobs first and then bring out the bigger dude to get the stacks.

Deleted
    I had no idea Yogg was a problem until I got bored and decided to do Ulduar today on my enhance shaman. Did some Youtubing afterwards and found other shaman with the same problem.

I don't know what to say other than it definitely induced madness, irl. Holy shit, the levels of frustration are indescribable.

Worst part was waiting 10 minutes to die after a failed attempt.

Could do it blindfolded on my warlock so it's a bit unfair. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Kazim View Post
    I had no idea Yogg was a problem until I got bored and decided to do Ulduar today on my enhance shaman. Did some Youtubing afterwards and found other shaman with the same problem.

I don't know what to say other than it definitely induced madness, irl. Holy shit, the levels of frustration are indescribable.

Worst part was waiting 10 minutes to die after a failed attempt.

Could do it blindfolded on my warlock so it's a bit unfair. :/
    its definitely the most frustrating boss to solo, but glyph of sham rage makes it so much better to deal with(and a sacrificial dagger with unlucky constrictor tentacle placement)

7+ Year Old Account
    If your mastery is killing the mob, you've hit it or attacked it in some form. My tip for Spine is take off your legendary cloak if you have it. DON'T put Lightning Shield on. Kill all tentacles apart from 1, kill all the amalgamations. Kite around 9 bloods then Earthquake them down in the middle. Kill last tentacle and have amalagamation stand in the bloods. Boom, 9 stacks. Nuke him down near plate and run away when he casts.

It's easy to do but easy to mess up. I got the first plate off then I accidentally fell off Deathwing. GG me.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamato88 View Post
    If your mastery is killing the mob, you've hit it or attacked it in some form. My tip for Spine is take off your legendary cloak if you have it. DON'T put Lightning Shield on. Kill all tentacles apart from 1, kill all the amalgamations. Kite around 9 bloods then Earthquake them down in the middle. Kill last tentacle and have amalagamation stand in the bloods. Boom, 9 stacks. Nuke him down near plate and run away when he casts.

It's easy to do but easy to mess up. I got the first plate off then I accidentally fell off Deathwing. GG me.
    Nope, i did it without cloak and lightning shield.
    Anyway heard that tip about doing blobs alone before and will try that out!

Edit: Thanks for the tip, just cleared it! =)
    Last edited by Mixe; 2014-11-05 at 12:29 PM.

for anyone having issue staying alive on spine, i realized this week your flame shock will stay on the blobs after they die, so you can take the glyph of flame shock for ridiculous heals.

If you're having issues with constrictor tentacles on yogg, use totemic projection and keep a magma totem up at all times.

I have issues on Yogg but only with ti snowballing out of control. I can barely move in phase 3 to finish off the tentacles and then I get overrun by adds. Any advice? Also, is Baleroc heroic possible for us yet?
    RETH

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    I have issues on Yogg but only with ti snowballing out of control. I can barely move in phase 3 to finish off the tentacles and then I get overrun by adds. Any advice? Also, is Baleroc heroic possible for us yet?
    What specc are you running?

I have cleared Firelands 10hc as elemental.

25hc baleroc is no problem as either spec if you're geared (I'd wager 560+ required at a pure guess), past that you might run into issues with decimation blade. I would recommend using alysrazors buff, intentionally getting to 25 stacks before finishing her and flying straight to baleroc and killing him (you can loot her afterwards)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    As Elemental I find Yogg fairly simple. Earthquake on yourself when you get picked up by tentacles, save thunderstorm for when Portals are going to spawn as almost always get picked up right as the first set spawn, so using thunderstorm kills it quicker.

Get inside, do the inside (if you get the LK one its SUPER fast, CL - with some luck - will hit both the fake mob and one shot the tentacle in a group, so it is just 3 CLs and you are done. With no luck on Multistrike or Legendary Cloak you just have to cast another CL. On the brain if your gear isn't brilliant pop a pot, BL and Ascendance, you really want to get it down in 1 phase if you can because of the mana burn outside (its not necessary, I messed up this week twice in a row and actually had to do all 3 Brain Phases and still did it).

Once you are into Phase 3, depending on gear/if you had to BL/the number of tentacles you have up you can either go bonkers, ignore all mechanics and just kill Yogg, or stay calm, ignore the adds and just kill all the tentacles. Once all the tentacles are dead its a cakewalk. I've been doing 0 Lights 25 Man for the last couple of months every week, its pretty simple once you get it down, especially once you are able to kill the Brain in one phase.

Question - Tips to solo 25H Beth'tilac as Elemental?

I can do 10H Firelands really easily, wanted to try 25H. First few bosses all simple, but I got to Beth'tilac and I just couldn't do it (I got frustrated and gave up after like 4 attempts though, and haven't been back this week haha). I could only get her to 40% in one phase popping everything (admittedly I did only try that approach once, but I just didn't feel like it was going to happen). I tried never bothering to go up and just focusing on the adds downstairs, but that didn't fly either because I had to spend so much time killing spiders to not get stunned that I was just getting bombarded by the add waves and wittled down. I definitely think it is possible with BiS gear (I am only 576 myself), but in lower gear levels does anyone have any tips?
    Last edited by mmoc63fa3da953; 2014-11-07 at 04:06 PM.