Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    To me that sounds like the stuff they play when i'm waiting for a ppv movie on directv. I don't like it, never have.

When I heard the saying "club music" I thought it was that normal crap hiphop by Yo-Yo-DAWG and the Foodstamp Boyz that everywhere in this area plays. Never heard anything different except for a few places that will play Nickelback

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    It sucks
    I dislike music that's too "electric." Just feels fake.
    To each his own etc etc

opinion
    Last edited by Nearmyth; 2012-12-16 at 03:53 PM.
    Man, I've got bags under my eyes... BAGS OF MONEY!
    See ya later, peasants.

Praise The Sun!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well mine is worse. Every club or bar i hear either bad american songs, yugo music or goveja music.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    When you guys say techno, you mean genre, right? Cause if you talk about edm in general, please refer to it as electro dance music. There's a big difference between techno and dubstep, progressive house etc...

Deleted
    I think the americans don't usually have the source to get electronic music. A large amount of americans use iTunes for shopping, where the most (good) electronic music producers are missing from. I know a couple of americans which came in Europe, at different musical events in Ibiza/many other places and got converted to trance/house.

Quote Originally Posted by Worer View Post
    I think the americans don't usually have the source to get electronic music. A large amount of americans use iTunes for shopping, where the most (good) electronic music producers are missing from. I know a couple of americans which came in Europe, at different musical events in Ibiza/many other places and got converted to trance/house.
    You can just go to youtube and convert stuff to MP3s thats what I been doing. Gotten some great live stuff. Only bad thing is they are all like 2 hours long and cant fit on a single 80 min CD.

---------- Post added 2012-12-16 at 02:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Maticko View Post
    When you guys say techno, you mean genre, right? Cause if you talk about edm in general, please refer to it as electro dance music. There's a big difference between techno and dubstep, progressive house etc...
    Well cause most Americans just refer to it all as Techno. i mean do you think they honestly know the difference between happy hardcore or Hardstyle or House or Trance? Its just all Techno to them.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazus View Post
    I thought most Americans did.

To answer your question, because most of it is bland crap that is completely uninteresting to listen to unless you're drunk in a club.
    Even when wasted I care about the music I am listening to. I hate going to bars and clubs because that is all they play. Seriously, house music, derpstep, techno and all that electronic music is as irritating as pop music is. Honestly if I want to hear something played at the same beat all the time, I will go home and turn on my metronome and muck around with my Korg Kaoss Pad and my guitar since I can get the same effects while experimenting with a real instrument.

I think the OP is looking at it the wrong way. The majority of people in general probably aren't into electronic dance music in general. That's not limited to the US, it's a worldwide thing. However, that doesn't mean there aren't club scenes the world over. Chicago, Detroit, Miami, Florida, California, DC, etc, all have dance/club scenes. It's not that popular with the general public, but the exact same thing applies to metal. The metal scene is huge, but it's still a fringe style compared to pop/rnb/top-40 chart music.

I love it how barely anyone seems to realize what techno really is. Instead of informing themselves on the genre before posting, they simply decide to generalize it to 'repetitive', and 'it sounds too electric'. Bitch please.

Also, this guy comparing R2D2 to a EDM producer, and trying to get away with such a bullshitting statement by admitting it's a bit 'harsh'. Come the fuck on man.

An EDM producer is just as much of a musician as any 'instrumental musician'. You people need to realize that the future is now and that computers are being used as an instrument. Seriously, snap out of it and accept that they are musicians that you're just not that into. Don't give me some bullshit that's based on fucking nothing.

It makes me feel like I'm watching Blade 2 and that's not a good thing.

Deleted
    The level of ignorance in this thread is amusing. But funnily enough America has actually taken to "club music", just look at everything released in the past 5 years it rips off everything Europe has been doing for 20 years.

The problem is a lot of people confuse techno and club music with the mainstream stuff you hear by LMFAO, David Guetta, etc. Actual lovers of everything trance, house, techno, etc, know exactly what real dance music is, and there's so much stuff out there that is better than so called "real music". I feel so so sorry for people that dismiss the decent stuff because of what they hear on the radio, you are missing out on actual eargasm's. There's so much choice out there, you can go from songs reminiscent of 70's disco/funk to stuff on par with heavy metal, look at the likes of Calvin Harris and SHMafia that fuse acoustic guitar's with dance sounds, the possibilities are endless.

Also, a computer is an instrument. Sorry to all the purists out there. AH fuck it, carry on being bored to death by 1000000 year old Orchestras while those of us with an ounce of personality can have some fun

Deleted
    im European and i hate that kind of music.

15+ Year Old Account
    Eh, I hate techno, love trance and progressive. And most "club" songs are just the overrated ones that are played over and over, and remixed over and over, as well as the terrible David Guetta. IF DJ Eco, Paul Oakenfold, Armin Van Buuren, Cosmithex, Jaytech, Above and Beyond, Deep Soul Duo, Deep Fog, or any of the like are playing at a club and I have a chance to go, I'll be there in a heartbeat.

Deleted
    Why should anyone like that kind of shit anyway? :P Its really, not music imo. Or hiphop. :-<

Meh. To each their own. Personally I can't stand music like that.
    Only the dead have seen the end of war. - George Santayana
    Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. - George Santayana

here are some americans who like elektronic dance music
    electric daisy carnival with 230.000 visitors

and also the harder stuff^^

in a bar i think its a little bit weird to play this kind of music..way too fast^^

i'm from germany and in the club were i'm going is a small hiphop / black / reggae area for 200 people and a big one for more then 1000 people with only electronic dance music (avicii, calvin harris, swedish house mafia, ...) + electro pop / charts (flo rida, david guetta, r.i.o, ...)

..and even every 2 months its hardstyle time with djs like headhunterz, zatox, technoboy, ...
    Last edited by Stormridah; 2012-12-16 at 10:18 PM.

Let's be constructive with our posts. No bullshit about "it's not music" or stuff like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Club music to me is background noise. I'll throw it on when I'm cleaning the house or piddling around on browser games but other than that, it just doesn't have a place for me. The community really destroys it as well. It seems to be overflowing with elitist who bark the loudest to make sure that everyone who dislikes a song is told that they don't understand it or cant appreciate its "complexity" which is horseshit.

Some of us just really dont get into the overly-synthesized sound. I much prefer vocals over wooden and string instrument.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    I love it how barely anyone seems to realize what techno really is. Instead of informing themselves on the genre before posting, they simply decide to generalize it to 'repetitive', and 'it sounds too electric'. Bitch please.

Also, this guy comparing R2D2 to a EDM producer, and trying to get away with such a bullshitting statement by admitting it's a bit 'harsh'. Come the fuck on man.

An EDM producer is just as much of a musician as any 'instrumental musician'. You people need to realize that the future is now and that computers are being used as an instrument. Seriously, snap out of it and accept that they are musicians that you're just not that into. Don't give me some bullshit that's based on fucking nothing.

Didn't even take a whole page.

To each their own. Disliking something has nothing to do with "realizing" what a genre "is" or represents. Ya like what you like. I doubt researching its origin or true form is going to make someone suddenly like something they disliked an hour ago.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

After a certain point it just feels like just stimulating noise rather than anything pleasant to the ear. It depends on the song where that line is, anywhere from there to dubstep.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.