Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Role specific loot please.........

As a DPS Warr I must have had my loot taken by Tanks probably 4 out of every 5 rolls, since starting MoP and that's not an exaggeration! Why would it be so hard for Tanks to roll on Tanks gear and DPS to roll on DPS gear?

This is a rant but its a justified rant. I work just as hard as anyone to get loot so why should I have a reduced rate of success say versus a Hunter?

10+ Year Old Account
    This expansion, many of the plate tanks use the same stats as dps. Ergo, you are both rolling on gear that is perfectly viable for your respective specs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

I'd like to see an example of an item on which that occured OP, simply because, as already said, most loot is shared between Tank and DPS... nothing to complaint about there...

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    I'd like to see an example of an item on which that occured OP, simply because, as already said, most loot is shared between Tank and DPS... nothing to complaint about there...
    But this is exactly my point! Why is it fair for plate DPS to have to share all loot with tanks when something like a hunter rolls completely unchallenged????

all the plate gear is suitable for heroics tanking, yet only half of it is suitable for heroic dpsing. see the problem? you dont need tank stats to tank heroics anymore, they're piss easy, hell even intellect plate would be fine for warriors if they could roll on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Boshtastic View Post
    But this is exactly my point! Why is it fair for plate DPS to have to share all loot with tanks when something like a hunter rolls completely unchallenged????
    You mean unchallenged as by ALL Hunter specs or shamans?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not true at all. I've seen several hunters in 5 mans roll need on gear they can't even use.

What about casters? A Mage or Warlock doesn't use gear with spirit on it. Why should they be able to roll then? Because it's cloth. Should that piece be delegated to strictly Priests? No. If it's an immediate upgrade over something, then use it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I work just as hard as anyone to get loot...
    If you're having an issue with loot in run of the mill heroics, where you roll against the other players, then you certainly are not working hard to get loot.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    As a warlock in a 10-man, who has to fight a mage and a shadow priest for pure DPS gear (and add two paladins if you're talking tier), I feel your pain. I also point out it's by no means just plate DPS/tanks that are fighting for gear.

---------- Post added 2012-12-17 at 04:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerofpope View Post
    A Mage or Warlock doesn't use gear with spirit on it. Why should they be able to roll then? Because it's cloth. Should that piece be delegated to strictly Priests? No. If it's an immediate upgrade over something, then use it.
    Interestingly enough, one of the two BiS rings for aff 'locks this tier has spirit on it. The rest of the itemization is just that good. o.O

Deleted
    Plate tanks needing on expertise/master or hit/mastery items is fine, but i don't think they need any haste or crit to tank. Anything goes in heroics these days it seems, seen weird rolls from mages needing spirit trinkets to hunters rolling on int capes. It is quite anoying to lose a roll like that, specially if you have been queing specifics for a week.

On the other hand, i already had rogue's and hunters go mental because i needed a "dps" items as a brewmaster monk, they didn't have a clue so i just waved it away.

Quote Originally Posted by Elgierro View Post
    but i don't think they need any haste or crit to tank.
    Haste is only the best stat beyond hit/expertise for most tanks...

It's okay, I don't get why dodge/parry is on gear either if no one actually wants to use it. Then again, I don't get why Holy Paladins have like 1/10th of the loot table for gear that only 1/34 specs can use.

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    Haste is only the best stat beyond hit/expertise for most tanks...
    Useless as a warprot. One of the worst survival stat as a palprot but some EJ guy (Theck, I'd guess?) said it was a good stat so many palprot are looking for it.
    Don't know for druid/monk, but haste is clearly not a priority for most of plate tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Senen View Post
    Useless as a warprot. One of the worst survival stat as a palprot but some EJ guy (Theck, I'd guess?) said it was a good stat so many palprot are looking for it.
    Don't know for druid/monk, but haste is clearly not a priority for most of plate tanks.
    Haste is amazing for pala tanks.

As a DPS Warr I must have had my loot taken by Tanks probably 4 out of every 5 rolls, since starting MoP and that's not an exaggeration! Why would it be so hard for Tanks to roll on Tanks gear and DPS to roll on DPS gear?

This is a rant but its a justified rant. I work just as hard as anyone to get loot so why should I have a reduced rate of success say versus a Hunter?
    You must have forgotten about the druid and monk tanks that use agility gear as well. Take your uninformed rants elsewhere we have enough of them here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get mad at yourself and the god aweful WoW community for demanding blizzard to remove defense from tank gear... It used to be obvious which gear was meant for certain classes... I'd also be pissed about transmog if I were you... People look at gear and if it just happens to have one of the stats they need... they'll take it and transmog the other useless stat into something they need... that's just how the game works now... I had a serious problem with it and wrote to blizzard, they didn't do anything so I quit, it's that simple... if you don't like how the game is, either complain to blizzard or quit... or get over it. Those are your options.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

As a paladin tank my stat order is:

Hit>Expertise>Haste>Mastery>Parry>Dodge

Tell me again how I took your "dps" gear.

---------- Post added 2012-12-18 at 02:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Elgierro View Post
    Plate tanks needing on expertise/master or hit/mastery items is fine, but i don't think they need any haste or crit to tank.
    You are wrong. Haste is my best stat after hit/expertise cap. Next.

---------- Post added 2012-12-18 at 02:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Senen View Post
    Incorrect, he proved it was a great stat. It increases our self heals by a large margin, including a massive effect on absorbs from Sacred Shield. Similarly, it improves holy power generation for much smoother tanking which is always a priority. It also increases damage and threat.

It's perfectly good for survival assuming you can actually press buttons.

---------- Post added 2012-12-18 at 02:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    I'd also be pissed about transmog if I were you... People look at gear and if it just happens to have one of the stats they need... they'll take it and transmog the other useless stat into something they need...
    It is very clear to me you have no idea what transmog is.

I had a serious problem with it and wrote to blizzard, they didn't do anything so I quit, it's that simple... if you don't like how the game is, either complain to blizzard or quit... or get over it. Those are your options.
    Then why are you still here?
    Last edited by Kanadei; 2012-12-18 at 03:59 AM.

Get mad at yourself and the god aweful WoW community for demanding blizzard to remove defense from tank gear... It used to be obvious which gear was meant for certain classes... I'd also be pissed about transmog if I were you... People look at gear and if it just happens to have one of the stats they need... they'll take it and transmog the other useless stat into something they need... that's just how the game works now... I had a serious problem with it and wrote to blizzard, they didn't do anything so I quit, it's that simple... if you don't like how the game is, either complain to blizzard or quit... or get over it. Those are your options.
    Then you'd just bitch and moan that tank only pieces had a chance to drop keeping you from ever even having the chance to see yours drop.

Welcome to the same situation that most classes have been in for years? Seriously, plate wearers have had the least competition for gear in this game for awhile now. Only fair that the gear homogenization hit there eventually too. I have a much easier time getting gear for both my specs as a Paladin than I did raiding on my Druid for the past 8 years.

I'm a holy paladin and I don't know what are you talking about
    IM TEH RET! er... teh holy... or it was teh prot?!
    This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

This has been going on since LFG has been introduced. They've made some tweaks to loot, but it's clear they're okay with this system and have said so directly several times.

I sympathize with your plight and I can't stand it either, but some people have different ideas about 5man loot and role, and some people are just jerks, and it's not likely to change, so try not to get worked up over it or go with guildees :-\

---------- Post added 2012-12-18 at 04:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bearshield View Post
    Welcome to the same situation that most classes have been in for years? Seriously, plate wearers have had the least competition for gear in this game for awhile now. Only fair that the gear homogenization hit there eventually too. I have a much easier time getting gear for both my specs as a Paladin than I did raiding on my Druid for the past 8 years.
    This is silly, holy pallies have no competition but any other plate spec is competing with 2 others if you're a tank and 4 others if you're a dps. Whereas "for the past 8 years", two specs of druid have had only to compete with each other, while ferals had competition with 3 specs of rogues.

Everyone has felt the pain of losing loot to same-equip specs before, druids are hardly a victim outlier.