Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    hey look another person spouting off on stuff they have no clue on looking like an ignorant fool
    More knowledge on the matter than the mash of fecal matter enclosed in some peoples craniums.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Which common law?
    Heller v. DC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themerlin View Post
    The problem is, gun loving hicks have translated the second ammendment into the rubbish you currently believe as law.

An unclear law about life threatening weapons shows so much about your current society.

Dichotomy in its fullest.

The mentally ill, especially schizophrenics show dichotomous thinking.
    The law is very clear, firearms are legal but subject to reasonable restrictions. What the court says IS law, it is not what you think, nor do the courts care what you think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Regulation has its limits, that's why DC's ban was slapped down.
    And yet, in that same ruling they also affirmed the legitimacy of firearm regulations up to a point.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    More knowledge on the matter than the mash of fecal matter enclosed in some peoples craniums.
    I have yet to see any first hand knowledge about this from you.

10+ Year Old Account
    My father would disagree with you.

I tend not to listen to old men stuck on their ways.

It is called progress.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    And yet, in that same ruling they also affirmed the legitimacy of firearm regulations up to a point.
    Thats what I just said.....

- - - Updated - - -

I tend not to listen to old men stuck on their ways.

It is called progress.
    "Progress" is not always good.

10+ Year Old Account

So your old man having a diaper to crap on instead of rags is not progress?

Dementia + Guns/Riffles = Bad Situation waiting to happen.

Just look at Cheney!

10+ Year Old Account
    Arguable. The point of contention is whether or not a particular policy is progressive.

http://www.npr.org/2013/08/20/213546...lly-owned-guns
    One By One, California Agents Track Down Illegally Owned Guns.
    In California, officials are ramping up a unique program that identifies and seizes guns from people who are prohibited from keeping them. Under state law, a legally registered gun owner loses the right to own a firearm when he or she is convicted of a crime or becomes mentally ill.

Last year, state agents seized nearly 2,000 firearms, but implementing the gun seizure program is a painstaking job. In a recent operation, a caravan of four unmarked trucks traversed the bedroom communities of San Francisco's East Bay. The trucks carry nine state agents wearing bulletproof vests and armed with .40-caliber Glock pistols and Tasers. They'll spend the next six hours looking for illegal guns, explains Special Agent Kisu Yo of the California Department of Justice.

And that would be a helluva lot easier if each firearm were tracked at a national level.

DAMN!!!!!!!!!!

Can I be omnicient as yourself?

Calming effect! just have your wife/girl/husband/boy slap you a few times, you will feel right as new.

Exercise does a much better job at calming a person and relieving stress, leave it to an American to make shooting a therapeutic exercise, where all they have to do is move a finger.
    Are you arguing that people should only do the most beneficial/efficient things to relieve stress? I'm sure there are thousands of activities capable of relieving stress, all of them equally valid as exercising. Maybe we should let people choose which activities they prefer instead of telling what we think they should do?

The problem is, gun loving hicks have translated the second ammendment into the rubbish you currently believe as law.
    1. The constitution and it's amendments ARE law.

2. It was the Supreme Court (and not hicks) who have translated the second amendment into what you consider 'rubbish.'

3. There's nothing wrong with loving guns. Not sure why you liberals keep insisting there must be.

An unclear law about life threatening weapons shows so much about your current society.

Dichotomy in its fullest.

The mentally ill, especially schizophrenics show dichotomous thinking.
    The irony here being they way you paint pro gun people as 'mentally ill.'

So you're either anti gun and 'sane' or pro gun and 'insane?'

I've always thought that actual experts should be the lawmakers, or at least trusted consultants to the actual lawmakers. Having hyper religious zealots on the science board is one of the many things that makes me go "wtf".
    1. Experts have their biases too.

2. Lawmakers DO consult experts, often times with questionable results.

3. Even scientists can have religious beliefs and values.

So your old man having a diaper to crap on instead of rags is not progress?

Dementia + Guns/Riffles = Bad Situation waiting to happen.

Just look at Cheney!
    That is a picture of Cheney holding a beautiful black power rifle, one that I highly doubt will ever be more than a decorative wall piece. As much of a tool as Cheney is, I think you're just looking for excuses to demonize guns.

And that would be a helluva lot easier if each firearm were tracked at a national level.
    Whether or not I own a firearm is really no one's business. Especially the government or law enforcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    Whether or not I own a firearm is really no one's business. Especially the government or law enforcement.
    They already know you have one if you have a permit. All a tracking system would do is track the flow to combat trafficking.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    They already know you have one if you have a permit. All a tracking system would do is track the flow to combat trafficking.
    Im not sure about each state but having the permit means you CAN posses a rifle and or pistol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you arguing that people should only do the most beneficial/efficient things to relieve stress? I'm sure there are thousands of activities capable of relieving stress, all of them equally valid as exercising. Maybe we should let people choose which activities they prefer instead of telling what we think they should do?
    Would you hand a gun to an individual who was inebriated, or mentally ill, (an international opposition group), just because it was there constitutional right? There are grey plateaus of our moral fibre that has to see the bigger picture of what is actually happening. A nation regaling in armament and propogating it throughout the sphere.

The madness of accepting arms as a therapeutic recovery, its almost funny when superimposing that image with what is happening.(Iraq was a beautifull example).

Do we want our children to grow up in that culture? There is a difference between stockpiling weapons, and owning 1/2 riffles for hunting. Americans are sooo sensitive when it comes to their guns. Its like a rooster wakes you up, and you rize in stuppor with your gun at hand.

1. The constitution and it's amendments ARE law.

2. It was the Supreme Court (and not hicks) who have translated the second amendment into what you consider 'rubbish.'

3. There's nothing wrong with loving guns. Not sure why you liberals keep insisting there must be.
    Fact, fact, and fact. You are good at that! Organized groups(militia's) could own armament, but no where in the 2nd amendment does it say that individuals had rights to carry. Again I am not saying your noble ancestors were the hicks in question, I am precisely pointing a finger at your courts, where regulation is terrible to the point that NYPD were selling their shells to florida private "sellers". The stench of the gun/armament industry in this country is profound. It seeps into the culture heavily mainly targeted to youger demographics, whereas adults enjoy a more dramatic version of the picture of war.

Not part of your political ring, or country at all btw.

The irony here being they way you paint pro gun people as 'mentally ill.'

So you're either anti gun and 'sane' or pro gun and 'insane?'
    Can you please point out the irony? Use your fingers if you have to...

Those are quite generalized opinions. Sane people take their realities into question and rely on intelligence, spirituality in some form is in everyone, religion is a made up fairy tale with wine and bread for everyone, except the eternal concept of the all is caged within questionables ideals/morals. Scientists are first drenched in their love for what science represents...a need to ask a question and it to be answered, spirituality forms as the unanswered questions arise. Religion for a scientist is more a task, a ritual of need, a hobby.

Everyone has values lol, that was redundant.

That is a picture of Cheney holding a beautiful black power rifle, one that I highly doubt will ever be more than a decorative wall piece. As much of a tool as Cheney is, I think you're just looking for excuses to demonize guns.

I was pointing to the fact that Cheney shot one of his attendants "by accident" in one of his hunting trips. The Dick Cheney hunting incident occurred on February 11, 2006, when then U.S. Vice President Dick Cheney shot Harry Whittington, a 78-year-old Texas attorney, while participating in a quail hunt on a ranch in Kenedy County, Texas. (WIKI)

They do know you have em, they just let you play. The whole point is that regulation at this point is lax as f%^k. Satelite tracking/Licenses HERe WE COME!
    Last edited by Themerlin; 2013-08-21 at 04:39 AM.

Deleted
    Would you hand a gun to an individual who was inebriated, or mentally ill, (an international opposition group), just because it was there constitutional right? There are grey plateaus of our moral fibre that has to see the bigger picture of what is actually happening. A nation regaling in armament and propogating it throughout the sphere.
    Could we please stop lumping every mentally ill together with the few that go shoot people ?

The madness of accepting arms as a therapeutic recovery, its almost funny when superimposing that image with what is happening.(Iraq was a beautifull example).

Do we want our children to grow up in that culture? There is a difference between stockpiling weapons, and owning 1/2 riffles for hunting. Americans are sooo sensitive when it comes to their guns. Its like a rooster wakes you up, and you rize in stuppor with your gun at hand.
    What about collecting stamps, swords, cars, etc ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelayah View Post
    Could we please stop lumping every mentally ill together with the few that go shoot people ?
    Sorry just looking at the mass shooting track record the US has so far, and the forementioned illness.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelayah View Post
    What about collecting stamps, swords, cars, etc ?
    All those are good as long as they cant hurt a person, are not easily accesible as weapons, and cannot cause massive damage(Even machetes were proven usefull in clearing atrocities, Rwanda/Nicaragua being one. )Please dont use the cars hurt people too argument...having thousands arm themselves with cars would be very harmfull for both sides. Relatively speaking their are logical ladders of thought that are clear when faced with current circumstances. In this case arming the people is counterproductive and only benefits one side.

another culture i would not recommend...

Deleted
    Sorry just looking at the mass shooting track record the US has so far, and the forementioned illness.
    The number of mass shootings is nothing compared to the amount of mentally ill people.

Deleted
    All those are good as long as they cant hurt a person, are not easily accesible as weapons, and cannot cause massive damage(Even machetes were proven usefull in clearing atrocities, Rwanda/Nicaragua being one. )Please dont use the cars hurt people too argument...having thousands arm themselves with cars would be very harmfull for both sides. Relatively speaking their are logical ladders of thought that are clear when faced with current circumstances. In this case arming the people is counterproductive and only benefits one side.
    It is perfectly possible to make collectors' weapons impossible to shoot with, with little or no effect on the weapons' looks. That, at least, is how collecting weapons is dealt with here. Weld a bit of steel inside the barrel and the bolt head.

Anyway, it shouldn't be easy for citizens to get firearms, but in a situation where most of them already have firearms, it's no use to ban them. You're already fucked.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd feel very awkward around someone that found suffocating dolls with stamps, decapitating manequins with swords, and running cars into each other therapeutic.

Which is why you have a lawyer and others review anything they write. Make lawmaking more akin to the peer review than stuffing everyone's pockets and voting on it.

When lawmakers consult experts but ultimately have no clue what the fuck the expert meant, yeah, the results are terrible.

Note the "religious zealot" part. Having someone who basically believes in magic men in the sky and abhors science chairing the fucking science committee is one of the biggest tragedies of our time. I want people like that making decisions about such laws about as much as gun enthusiasts want Feinstein making gun legislation.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"