Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    They are far less lethal, just wondering when gun lovers will understand that basic knowledge that guns are far far far more dangerous and they have only one purpose to kill people with. whilst knifes have a legit purpose that you can NEVER say a gun have, just implement gun control and be done with it plain and simple problem solved and win win as they say when it comes to doing the obvious and right at the same time
    but think of the inconvenience!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by ugotownd View Post
    Woman shot 18 times an drives herself to hospital
    Man shot 14 times

Thats all the time I have to look for now. There is more out there I'm sure.
    Served!!!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    i don´t have such a kit, why the hell would i? i figure if you´re living somewhere where floods are a regular thing or storms are something that occur on a regular basis you´d have something like that, otherwise it´s stupid to buy stuff to prepare yourself for an event that will probably never happen
    Well then I'm glad I'm not your child. Or I hope that you never have children.

Being a parent that is unwilling to have extra food or supplies on hand just in case bad shit happens is just plain stupid. Are the chances slim? Yes. But it's better than your kid going without food for days/weeks on end because you have two days worth of ramen in the house.

Every part of the world has some sort of natural disaster that could hit it.

You do realize that, for instance, if a huge earthquake were to hit and take out major bridges that you could seriously be without food/water resupplies for days, if not more. Depending on the scale it could be weeks.

It's like New York City. They got hit by that huge unexpected hurricane and it left a lot of people without food/water/power or homes in some cases.

Being prepared is responsible. You hope you never need it, but have it just in case. Especially when it's something as simple as two weeks worth of food and water.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    Well then I'm glad I'm not your child. Or I hope that you never have children.

Being a parent that is unwilling to have extra food or supplies on hand just in case bad shit happens is just plain stupid. Are the chances slim? Yes. But it's better than your kid going without food for days/weeks on end because you have two days worth of ramen in the house.

Every part of the world has some sort of natural disaster that could hit it.

You do realize that, for instance, if a huge earthquake were to hit and take out major bridges that you could seriously be without food/water resupplies for days, if not more. Depending on the scale it could be weeks.

It's like New York City. They got hit by that huge unexpected hurricane and it left a lot of people without food/water/power or homes in some cases.

Being prepared is responsible. You hope you never need it, but have it just in case. Especially when it's something as simple as two weeks worth of food and water.
    did i hit a nerve or what? could you be more of a douche?

we had a huge ass flood last year, nothing happened, the city is prepared to handle something 3-4 times the magnitude of a century flood, occassionaly last year was a century flood, so yeah

no earthquakes around, no vulcanos near, and the largest storms are nothing we would worry of because they couldn´t lay waste to a whole city or deny relief forces to help trapped citizens

i guess in the mountains where avalanches do occur on a regular basis they are prepared and have emergency kits, but then they prepare for something that really does happen... they certainly don´t prepare for a meteor shower
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    did i hit a nerve or what? could you be more of a douche?

we had a huge ass flood last year, nothing happened, the city is prepared to handle something 3-4 times the magnitude of a century flood, occassionaly last year was a century flood, so yeah

no earthquakes around, no vulcanos near, and the largest storms are nothing we would worry of because they couldn´t lay waste to a whole city or deny relief forces to help trapped citizens

i guess in the mountains where avalanches do occur on a regular basis they are prepared and have emergency kits, but then they prepare for something that really does happen... they certainly don´t prepare for a meteor shower
    Not a nerve so much as I can't stand incompetence.

The sad thing is that there are parents out there who think like you do. Who literally won't have an extra week or two worth of food/water on hand. And when something bad happens their kids suffer. I don't give two shits about the parents, they are idiots, but I do care for kids who are stuck with idiotic parents.

Either way this is off topic and I apologize.

OT: Guns are good. I like guns. Waiting for Ruken to attempt to slyly call me stupid again.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

15+ Year Old Account
    Not a nerve so much as I can't stand incompetence.

The sad thing is that there are parents out there who think like you do. Who literally won't have an extra week or two worth of food/water on hand. And when something bad happens their kids suffer. I don't give two shits about the parents, they are idiots, but I do care for kids who are stuck with idiotic parents.

Either way this is off topic and I apologize.

OT: Guns are good. I like guns. Waiting for Ruken to attempt to slyly call me stupid again.
    oh well you could be more of a douche

you really have no idea how good our infrastructure is and how little we have to fear from nature, apart from a never befor seen earthquake, an unknown vulcano or a meteor shower there´s nothing that would have the potential of having a serious impact...

and any of those a week of water and food would be of little help

when shit hits the fan and something happens, we gather together, and help each other out, apart from an devastating avalanche that literally buries houses there´s little our relief forces and volunteers are unable to handle within reasonable time and the people aren´t cut off for much longer than a few hours

10+ Year Old Account
    oh well you could be more of a douche

you really have no idea how good our infrastructure is and how little we have to fear from nature, apart from a never befor seen earthquake, an unknown vulcano or a meteor shower there´s nothing that would have the potential of having a serious impact...

and any of those a week of water and food would be of little help

when shit hits the fan and something happens, we gather together, and help each other out, apart from an devastating avalanche that literally buries houses there´s little our relief forces and volunteers are unable to handle within reasonable time and the people aren´t cut off for much longer than a few hours
    I'm being a douche by not standing incompetence? Lolol

I feel sorry for you. Must be nice living in a fantasy world where nothing can go wrong and everyone will band together and hold hands should something bad happen.

But hey. Whatever gets you through the day good Sir.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm being a douche by not standing incompetence? Lolol

I feel sorry for you. Must be nice living in a fantasy world where nothing can go wrong and everyone will band together and hold hands should something bad happen.

But hey. Whatever gets you through the day good Sir.
    this is not a fantasy world, floods are very common around here and we do this on a regular basis

i´m sorry that you have so little faith in your neighbours and government that you have to take these precautions to feel save

10+ Year Old Account
    this is not a fantasy world, floods are very common around here and we do this on a regular basis

i´m sorry that you have so little faith in your neighbours and government that you have to take these precautions to feel save
    Yes. How dare I have extra food and water on hand because I don't want to rely on a government response to feed my children. I must be crazy.

And I never said floods don't happen where you live. I said it's a fantasy world you live in because you think things can't get really bad and that everyone will run to help. It's amusing and sad. More sad really.

EDIT: If you want to continue this dicussion feel free to PM. It's pretty off topic for this thread.
    Last edited by TwoNineMarine; 2014-06-04 at 12:14 PM.

Hurricane Katrina says hello....

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes. How dare I have extra food and water on hand because I don't want to rely on a government response to feed my children. I must be crazy.

And I never said floods don't happen where you live. I said it's a fantasy world you live in because you think things can't get really bad and that everyone will run to help. It's amusing and sad. More sad really.
    wait, you have to take these precautions because you feel the need to do this to feel save and you think it´s sad that in the time my parents are alive, so 60+ years, nothing happened that wouldn´t make you look like a fool if you´d had an emergency kit at home and at the rare cases when something happened people always rushed to help

at least 1% of the population is officially working for relief forces, either through their job or voluntary and the numbers rise as soon as something happens

it´s tax deductable to help or when your employees help

something like katrina would never happen here, and i don´t mean the storm or the devastation, but the lack of help, that is unthinkable, we also send relief forces to our neighbour countries, not enough if you ask me and we could do more, living in fear for something that probably never happens is pretty crazy

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Not too long ago, we had a bad ice storm which knocked out the power for 8 days. And for about 3 days, you were not going anywhere out here in the country. The number of large tree limbs laying across the roads would have to be seen to be believed. Looked like a war zone. I had extra gas for my generator and extra food supplies so was not that bad. But what if I had not been prepared?

I do not store extra gas or have extra food supplies out of fear, but out of using common sense. I can say the same thing is why I have a gun for self defense. Hope I never have to use it, but shit happens and I want to be prepared if it does. And I went so long once with out needing my generator ( years ) that I was going to sell it and my wife said, " you better not, once you do you may need it ". That was like 6 months before the ice storm hit. I have lived here for over 30 years and that has only happened like that once. But I am keeping the generator and having extra food on hand.....just in case. Because if I do not, I will feel so stupid if some bad shit happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    FFS. It was bad enough when it was just Rukentuts doing it...

How is it a fact? Because you said so? The scientists doing the studies sure don't say it's a fact.

But suddenly, you get a whiff of a study that purports to indicate a correlation, and then presto change-o, Bob's your uncle, you've turned lead into gold and all of a sudden there's proof of causation.

Alas, the strange and fantastical alchemy of the internet.

But fuck, it gets tiring dealing with this BS.
    Jesus Christ Phaelix. Read what I'm typing, not what you want me to be typing. I'm not claiming causality.

It's a fact that the evidence exists. Let me say that again differently:

It's not a fact that firearms make you less safe. It is a fact, however, that there is an abundance of evidence indicating that the presence of a firearm in the home is a risk factor for homicide and suicide, or that just purchasing a firearm means you're more likely to die from violence than individuals who have not purchased firearms.

And that's really all we have, right? Evidence? I mean, if we ask ourselves, "Do firearms make individuals less safe", there's an answer to that question. And the only way to get that answer is a thorough examination of the evidence.
    Eat yo vegetables

10+ Year Old Account
    wait, you have to take these precautions because you feel the need to do this to feel save and you think it´s sad that in the time my parents are alive, so 60+ years, nothing happened that wouldn´t make you look like a fool if you´d had an emergency kit at home and at the rare cases when something happened people always rushed to help

at least 1% of the population is officially working for relief forces, either through their job or voluntary and the numbers rise as soon as something happens

it´s tax deductable to help or when your employees help

something like katrina would never happen here, and i don´t mean the storm or the devastation, but the lack of help, that is unthinkable, we also send relief forces to our neighbour countries, not enough if you ask me and we could do more, living in fear for something that probably never happens is pretty crazy
    Well I hope something like that never does. And I hope you don't ever have to learn how shitty people actually are.

And why does your side always jump to living in fear? Having extra food and water is no different then any of the other dozens of ways people prepare for things that will hopefully never happen.

But to each their own.

This will be my last comment regarding this. Hit me up through PM if you want to discuss it more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan2k10 View Post
    Served!!!!!!!
    Man in Milwaukee survives more than 300 stab wounds.

Double Served!!!!
    Eat yo vegetables

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    If you survive 300 stab wounds either A: Someone above really likes you. Or B: The person stabbing you sucks at life.

Or both I guess.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Not too long ago, we had a bad ice storm which knocked out the power for 8 days. And for about 3 days, you were not going anywhere out here in the country. The number of large tree limbs laying across the roads would have to be seen to be believed. Looked like a war zone. I had extra gas for my generator and extra food supplies so was not that bad. But what if I had not been prepared?

I do not store extra gas or have extra food supplies out of fear, but out of using common sense. I can say the same thing is why I have a gun for self defense. Hope I never have to use it, but shit happens and I want to be prepared if it does. And I went so long once with out needing my generator ( years ) that I was going to sell it and my wife said, " you better not, once you do you may need it ". That was like 6 months before the ice storm hit. I have lived here for over 30 years and that has only happened like that once. But I am keeping the generator and having extra food on hand.....just in case. Because if I do not, I will feel so stupid if some bad shit happens.
    and that is very different to the picture twonine and erogenious are painting

i acknowledged that

but living here in the city or in my country, i have absolutely no need for anything like this, and if something of magnitude was going to happen i´d have enough time to prepare myself, storming the supermarket buying up everything that´s left is something that never happened here

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    "Documents quote the woman as saying the cutting was consensual during sex but quickly got out of hand. She said her roommate is possibly involved in satanic activities and did most of the cutting. "

Which was it? Was he stabbed or cut? Seems pretty vague to me......Obviously the intent to kill was not there....Miss that?

Is that a triple scoop of oops for you?

10+ Year Old Account

i acknowledged that

but living here in the city or in my country, i have absolutely no need for anything like this, and if something of magnitude was going to happen i´d have enough time to prepare myself, storming the supermarket buying up everything that´s left is something that never happened here
    How is that different picture from what I painting?? I said exactly what he said except for the scenario. I used earthquake/hurricane. He used snowstorm.

Both events you can't control where having extra food/water/supplies on hand are very beneficial.

You must just enjoy deliberately saying I'm wrong at all times.

FFS.

I said literally the same thing.

Work needs to hurry up so I can go salmon fishing.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

i acknowledged that

That is good. But it can still be a good example of why one should be prepared. Just because you live in a area it is not a concern, does not mean it can be the same for others. So they can for legit reasons use being prepared for a natural disaster with the same precautions as having a gun for a possible home invasion. In 1977 we had the Blizzard of the Century in Ohio and several people died in it. I knew a woman who lived alone about a mile from me who died from freezing to death. No one without a bulldozer could reach her if they tried. For 4 days the snow was 4 feet deep and we had 70 mph winds. It literally did take a bulldozer to open the road in front of our house. The poor lady was not prepared.