Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Rate Of U.S. Gun Violence Has Fallen Since 1993, Study Says

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...993-study-says

Its not really hard to find the info. I gather you just dont want too.
    I acknowledged that, hence why i said are we ignoring the past 20 years? Picking the 90s as a start point to show that gun violence has dropped is great, now what if we pick the early 2000s?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Rate Of U.S. Gun Violence Has Fallen Since 1993, Study Says

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...993-study-says

Its not really hard to find the info. I gather you just dont want too.
    usually when someone just quotes a post and only responds with "citation needed" it can be roughly translated to this

"no matter how much evidence you provide me, ill argue with you and try to convince you that im right and youre wrong no matter what"

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    I acknowledged that, hence why i said are we ignoring the past 20 years? Picking the 90s as a start point to show that gun violence has dropped is great, now what if we pick the early 2000s?
    It is still down. Has been going down despite increases in gun ownership and sales. Have a nice day

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gorehowl View Post
    usually when someone just quotes a post and only responds with "citation needed" it can be roughly translated to this

"no matter how much evidence you provide me, ill argue with you and try to convince you that im right and youre wrong no matter what"
    It is why I had him on ignore for a long time. Just argumentative . He is like so many other Anti gun types. Facts are a anathema to them.

15+ Year Old Account
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-34996604

Either they have other numbers or your "it´s still going down" is being very very petandic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gorehowl View Post

Yeah, asking for sources to back up claims, that´s something you shouldn´t do, you should just nod and say "yes, see, someone agrees with what i´m thinking".
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-34996604

Either they have other numbers or your "it´s still going down" is being very very petandic.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, asking for sources to back up claims, that´s something you shouldn´t do, you should just nod and say "yes, see, someone agrees with what i´m thinking".
    Those numbers and sources used in that opinion piece have already been debunked. Thanks for playing, back to ignore with you ROFLMAo at Mass shooting tracker ... LMAO

15+ Year Old Account
    Those numbers and sources used in that opinion piece have already been debunked. Thanks for playing, back to ignore with you
    The numbers of the justice department have been debunked? Woah, when did that happen?

Those numbers and sources used in that opinion piece have already been debunked. Thanks for playing, back to ignore with you ROFLMAo at Mass shooting tracker ... LMAO
    Haven't they not only been debunked in this very thread, but also shown to be nothing than confirmation bias in virtually every other place than echo chambers through the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by evogsr View Post
    Haven't they not only been debunked in this very thread, but also shown to be nothing than confirmation bias in virtually every other place than echo chambers through the internet?
    Yep. Mass shooting tracker was a hot button Topic on here for the way they use kids using airsoft guns as the same as a actual firearm.

15+ Year Old Account
    Better have just posted the picture instead of linking to the article so people would be able to stay on topic, well it´s just easier to change the topic and ignore what was being talked about i guess.

The numbers of the justice department have been debunked? Woah, when did that happen?
    That article did not use Justice Department numbers. They used Every Town, Shooting tracker, Gun Violence Archive. Now you are just trolling. Buh bye

15+ Year Old Account
    That article did not use Justice Department numbers. They used Every Town, Shooting tracker, Gun Violence Archive. Now you are just trolling. Buh bye

Uhm, ok.

Don't bother buying a .45 - stick to 9mm and become proficient with it. The wound channel difference in today's modern cartridges between the two calibers is minimal at best.

Recoil is lighter, ammo is cheaper, and capacity is better. This all translates to more practice time which translates to more proficiency.

If you already own a 9 but want a 45 just because, then go for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Sure I do. Bloomberg didn't push until 300 million +. Feinstein and the other gun control advocates didn't push until 200 million +.
    So what? People have to start sometime. But Bloomberg didn't start pushing gun control because it hit 300 million. And Feinstein didn't start pushing it because it hit 200 million. You have absolutely no evidence to support that they made those decisions based on some arbitrary threshold of per capita numbers.

The more in circulation, the more resistance and clamoring for reform.
    Oh, really? Then why has support for gun control mostly dropped in the last few decades, while the number of firearms in circulation has doubled?

...a moderate republican, Bloomberg...
    You know, Bloomberg was a democrat for 41 years, then a republican for 6 years, then an independent for 8 years, so calling him a republican is rather misleading.

It's true because of the upward trend of firearms in circulation, not my opinion.
    Wrong. The upward trend of firearms in circulation is true, but the idea that the upward trend will force people into opposition to gun ownership is your opinion, and is not supported by anything at all based in reality. Simply saying that it is true does not make it so.

Obama has nothing to do with the most recent shooting. However this event will be used by the gun lobby and gun manufacturers are free marketing to sell their products.
    What the fuck are you talking about? Obama has already made speeches and statements about the Hesston shooting, politicizing the issue and calling for more gun control. Have the NRA and/or gun manufacturers made their own statements? No.

So it's exactly the opposite of what you're trying to say.

- - - Updated - - -

the upward trend in proliferation will ensure more calls for restriction
    You have no evidence to support this assertion.
    But those events cannot account for the upward trend alone
    it is also the marketing strategy of the firearm industry.

Seriously. You're so out of touch with reality that it's worrying.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Again, the same nonsense.

In the US it is in fact a right to own a firearm. Until you change this, then technically you are the one being illogical. The laws, federally, and from state to state, trump your ideals. Period.

It seems you need to take your beef up with your law makers.
    Isn't the the entire purpose of the debate going on in the country? To justify, condemn and/or defend the existing laws?

10+ Year Old Account
    Or you fail to understand the full subject.

For starters, that chart shows the number, not the rate, so it completely ignores that the US has gained 10% population during that period. It also fails to show that the rate has dropped even more since the end of that chart.

For reference, per the CDC information: aside from a minor uptick in 2012, the rate of firearm homicides has gone down each year between a peak of 4.3 in 2006 to 3.4 in 2014 (the most recent data available). That's over a 20% drop in the last 9 years of data.

I'd say that's meaningful enough to be considered "still going down", don't you think?

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Isn't the the entire purpose of the debate going on in the country? To justify, condemn and/or defend the existing laws?
    Hes debating the wrong source if he wants something changed. Our 'logic' he keeps arguing is flawed, is based on current federal and state law - not to mention the Constitution of our country.

His 'logic' is based on his personal opinion and whatever stats he can dig up to match his narrative.

Its just dumb to sit there and claim we are being illogical when all his logic amounts to is, "This is what I think." Chances are he is like so many other chest thumpers, he wants his opinion turned into law, but doesn't do a damn thing beyond telling people over the internet what he thinks.

His only counter argument to our logic being backed by law is "Muh freedoms 'Murica is teh dumb".

If he doesn't like the laws then he needs to get off his ass and work to change them.
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2016-02-27 at 05:15 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Or you fail to understand the full subject.

For starters, that chart shows the number, not the rate, so it completely ignores that the US has gained 10% population during that period. It also fails to show that the rate has dropped even more since the end of that chart.

For reference, per the CDC information: aside from a minor uptick in 2012, the rate of firearm homicides has gone down each year between a peak of 4.3 in 2006 to 3.4 in 2014 (the most recent data available). That's over a 20% drop in the last 9 years of data.

I'd say that's meaningful enough to be considered "still going down", don't you think?
    Hey, if i ask for the numbers and don´t get them, how am i failing to understand the full subject? "still going down" is absolute the right description.

Deleted
    Sorry if this has been posted, but it struck as beyond ridiculous.

University of Texas dean to quit over gun law, from the BBC.

A dean at the University of Texas is stepping down over a new state law which will allow concealed handguns to be carried on university campuses.
    Frederick Steiner said the policy was not "appropriate" for higher education and "did not make logical sense".

Meanwhile, staff at the University of Houston have warned professors there to be careful discussing sensitive topics and drop them from the curriculum if they "sense anger" from students who may be armed.
    According to the Houston Chronicle, they have been instructed to "not 'go there' if you sense anger; limit student access off hours; go to appointment-only office hours; only meet 'that student' in controlled circumstances".
    Boy, has this ludicrousy hit a new low...

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    That is the root purpose of a debate I suppose, yes. However, Gun Control or Gun Rights is a bi-product of a much larger debate which is often ignored, shut out, or dismissed by the proponents of more Gun Control or Gun Legislation. You're basically seeing an "argument" on a 3rd Derivative. What lies at the heart of the issue is whether or not it is "reasonable" and or "a right" for someone to defend, up to and including with lethal force, x, y, and z. Until (you) conclude that argument it is not feasible that you'll ever conclude one 5 branches removed.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vezu View Post
    Sorry if this has been posted, but it struck as beyond ridiculous.

University of Texas dean to quit over gun law, from the BBC.

Boy, has this ludicrousy hit a new low...
    And some of the anti-gunners accuse the pro gun owners of being paranoid. :P The professor is free to work where he wants. And I can think of some other non gun related reasons why I would not teach in some colleges.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    That is the root purpose of a debate I suppose, yes. However, Gun Control or Gun Rights is a bi-product of a much larger debate which is often ignored, shut out, or dismissed by the proponents of more Gun Control or Gun Legislation. You're basically seeing an "argument" on a 3rd Derivative. What lies at the heart of the issue is whether or not it is "reasonable" and or "a right" for someone to defend, up to and including with lethal force, x, y, and z. Until (you) conclude that argument it is not feasible that you'll ever conclude one 5 branches removed.
    In Ohio, if a intruder breaks into my home, it is considered to be both a right and reasonable to use lethal force. In other words, I have the right to assume the intruder is a threat to my life. Good law.