Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Really? Talk about a hyperbole. Im not "terrified" of my neighbors. Most people aren't lol. A gun is a tool. Its useful. If anyone is terrified, its anti gun people. They see a gun and start to have panic attacks.

Emotional distress is not common in our country.
    So if you aren't worried about fellow Americans attack you, why do you need anything more then a handgun for recreation at the shooting range or a hunting rifle for game?

Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    I guess we are. Ya'll come back now, ya hear?
    Look, you may fool other people in this thread for a moment, but your game is old and played out.

You have no knowledge on guns, hunting, or anything in between or any basic interest in real discussion. Go away. You are just trolling and we both know it.

Sorry I don't know much about guns. That isn't one of my fascinations, unlike your people. What I mean to say is, "Anything above a hand gun or a hunting rifle"

dose that make more sense?

Sorry.
    Hand guns kill the most people you know. And whats your definition of a hunting rifle? I get it, you don't know a lot about guns and they are mysterious to you. They really aren't that scary. id love to take you shooting some time. I think youd like it.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Well when you admit you don't know anything about guns, why not double down on the ignorance?

Why do you need that kind of gun to kill a boar? Why not a rocket launcher?

So if you aren't worried about fellow Americans attack you, why do you need anything more then a handgun for recreation at the shooting range or a hunting rifle for game?
    Handguns kill by far the most people. I have a shotgun for shooting skeet. I also keep it in the extremely rare event I hear someone breaking into my house. Im not worried they are gonna attack me. Im just prepared in case they do. The old saying, "hope for the best, prepare for the worst."

Hand guns kill the most people you know. And whats your definition of a hunting rifle? I get it, you don't know a lot about guns and they are mysterious to you. They really aren't that scary. id love to take you shooting some time. I think youd like it.
    yes but... I don't.... get that rush of power and confidence that seems to be so prevalent with owning and firing a gun... I don't think I ever WANT that feeling.

Goalpost moving. Yes, we have a confirmed troll.

/click

Why shouldn't he be allowed to have that kind of gun? Whats your reason for not allowing him one?

- - - Updated - - -

yes but... I don't.... get that rush of power and confidence that seems to be so prevalent with owning and firing a gun... I don't think I ever WANT that feeling.
    Have you ever fired a gun?

Handguns kill by far the most people. I have a shotgun for shooting skeet. I also keep it in the extremely rare event I hear someone breaking into my house. Im not worried they are gonna attack me. Im just prepared in case they do. The old saying, "hope for the best, prepare for the worst."
    And that right there folks is what i'm talking about.

Someone might break into my house, therefore I need an hand gun so I can blow them away!

ellieg, seriously? Everything he says is like an exact caricature of a nation bashing anti gun troll. Why? Just why? lol

Why shouldn't he be allowed to have that kind of gun? Whats your reason for not allowing him one?

- - - Updated - - -

Have you ever fired a gun?
    Nope, and I don't want to. I like the idea of bow-hunting. I think that's downright cool.

But killing a boar with that kind of a weapon is like throwing dynamite into the lake to go fishing.

And if nation bashing "gun troll" means "I think America is fucking crazy, like most of the world, and your obsession with guns boarders on the insane"

yeah, I am a Nation Bashing Anti Gun Troll. And proud of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Goalpost moving. Yes, we have a confirmed troll.

/click
    You know, i have to say you're a bit of an asshole, and there is an ignore button for you. See ya.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-03-03 at 05:59 PM.

ellieg, seriously? Everything he says is like an exact caricature of a nation bashing anti gun troll. Why? Just why? lol
    Its killing time throughout my day lol. I like to pretend no one on this board is trolling and they have these thoughts.

- - - Updated - - -

And that right there folks is what i'm talking about.

Someone might break into my house, therefore I need an hand gun so I can blow them away!
    Do you lock your doors at night? Why? Do you wear your seatbelt? Why?

- - - Updated - - -

Nope, and I don't want to. I like the idea of bow-hunting. I think that's downright cool.

But killing a boar with that kind of a weapon is like throwing dynamite into the lake to go fishing.

And if nation bashing "gun troll" means "I think America is fucking crazy, like most of the world, and your obsession with guns boarders on the insane"

yeah, I am a Nation Bashing Anti Gun Troll. And proud of it.

- - - Updated - - -

You know, i have to say you're a bit of an asshole, and there is an ignore button for you. See ya.
    I guess you don't get our culture. Im sure there are things about your culture that I wouldn't get but I choose not to criticize it.

How can you claim guns are stupid and the rush you get from them is bad if you have never fired one? Doesn't that sound kind of ignorant to you?

Its killing time throughout my day lol. I like to pretend no one on this board is trolling and they have these thoughts.
    I mean, it should have been obvious from the start. 5,000 posts and you haven't picked up on the not so subtle hints? =P

Hes just as bad as Didactic, I'd almost say hes doing it on purpose instead of naturally. lol

- - - Updated - - -

Yes but you make it out like it happens all the time in your country. Like lock your door or ya might get raped!

Really?....

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I guess you don't get our culture. Im sure there are things about your culture that I wouldn't get but I choose not to criticize it.

How can you claim guns are stupid and the rush you get from them is bad if you have never fired one? Doesn't that sound kind of ignorant to you?
    I never claimed guns were stupid. I believe in owner ship of guns.

Just not THESE guns

Canada is a gun loving nation just like yours. We have our shooting ranges and we have our hunters, and we have our gun nuts.

Yes but you make it out like it happens all the time in your country. Like lock your door or ya might get raped!

Really?....

- - - Updated - - -

I never claimed guns were stupid. I believe in owner ship of guns.

Just not THESE guns

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...2c4a5c7a69.jpg
    No we don't make it out like that happens all the time. Ive never been robbed and I doubt I ever will. Owning a gun in your home in the rare event you need it, is on the same exact level of locking your doors every night in the rare event someone tries to break in.
    \
    I guess you just don't understand it then. Until you fire one, you never will. Its a hobby. Small guns, especially handguns, are on the exact same level of danger as guns like those. They just happen to look scarier. They can both kill you just as easy.

Also, how would firing a gun suddenly change my opinion? I understand that they are powerful tools of death that has rocked society and war ever since their conception. I don't need to fire one to understand that.

Edit: Ah yes I understand now. The recreation side of things.

I understand going to the range and popping off rounds at a target. I never was against that.

15+ Year Old Account
    It just sounds like you are picking and choosing which rights should be actual rights. In the us, the right to bear arms isn't just a privilege we call a right to feel good about. Its an actual right. Its as important to us as the right of free speech is. It may not be that important to you, but it is to us. The point is, a government isn't just some binary thing. Tyrannical or not tyrannical. If they really tried to remove a right from us, it would be a very large step towards being tyrannical. If they started trying to remove a right, it would be a call to action to many citizens. It holds much more power than just an ordinary law. I think your misunderstanding is because you don't live in our culture and understand it.
    Free speech and the right to bear arms isn´t even remotely on the same level. How you feel about it is pretty irrelevant.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Also, how would firing a gun suddenly change my opinion? I understand that they are powerful tools of death that has rocked society and war ever since their conception. I don't need to fire one to understand that.
    Its like driving a car. "cars are stupid and incredibly dangerous. They are scary. No one should have one." says the guy who never drove one. Then you drive one and you understand they aren't scary just because they are big and go fast.

If you've never done something, how can you have an opinion about it? Especially when you were commenting about the feeling you get from shooting one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Free speech and the right to bear arms isn´t even remotely on the same level. How you feel about it is pretty irrelevant.
    Considering they are the first and second rights in our bill of rights, im gonna disagree. Its our constitution, not yours. Im gonna go ahead and say how you feel about it is pretty irrelevant. Owning a gun is directly tied to being able to defend yourself. Its the great equalizer. Its why we take it so seriously. Btw, which country are you from?

Culture is another name for Human Behavior. I don't believe in "culture"

I believe in common sense and progress.

Having an armory.

Worshiping a deity.

Killing another based on creed.

Human behavior. Poor... human behavior.

- - - Updated - - -

Its like driving a car. "cars are stupid and incredibly dangerous. They are scary. No one should have one." says the guy who never drove one. Then you drive one and you understand they aren't scary just because they are big and go fast.

If you've never done something, how can you have an opinion about it? Especially when you were commenting about the feeling you get from shooting one.

- - - Updated - - -

Considering they are the first and second rights in our bill of rights, im gonna disagree. Its our constitution, not yours. Im gonna go ahead and say how you feel about it is pretty irrelevant. Owning a gun is directly tied to being able to defend yourself. Its the great equalizer. Its why we take it so seriously. Btw, which country are you from?
    Except Cars were designed for the soul purpose of getting from point A to point B in a convenient and efficient way, not running people down. If that were the case, we would see Hunters using their trucks to kill deer, rather then their guns.

Guns are made for the soul purpose of killing. Assault weapons are for killing with great efficiency and with little room for survival.

Edit: Although in my neck of the woods, I always see the rednecks driving around with bucks in the back of their truck that they "accidentally hit"

Culture is another name for Human Behavior. I don't believe in "culture"

I believe in common sense and progress.

Having an armory.

Worshiping a deity.

Killing another based on creed.

Human behavior. Poor... human behavior.

- - - Updated - - -

Except Cars were designed for the soul purpose of getting from point A to point B in a convenient and efficient way, not running people down. If that were the case, we would see Hunters using their trucks to kill deer, rather then their guns.

Guns are made for the soul purpose of killing. Assault weapons are for killing with great efficiency and with little room for survival.
    No. This gets confused all the time. Guns are made for shooting a projectile. I choose to shoot at skeet. Some people choose to shoot at paper targets. Others choose to shoot at wildlife. Others choose to shoot at people in a legally justified scenario to defend themselves. A few people choose to shoot people illegally.

Its all about how someone uses it. Its illegal to shoot people if you aren't defending yourself. Just as its illegal to run someone down in a car.