Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Did you know that perfectly normal and healthy people with absolutely no mental problems are the ones prescribed medication dealing with mental problems? I sure didn't.
    Right? I guess all those times I was on anti-depressants as a teenager wasn't because I was suicidally, violently depressed. It was because I was totally ok and healthy. Even I knew I needed help at that point.
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaggySweetness View Post
    Psychiatric-fraud-dot-org.....

That seems like a legitimately non-biased, scientific source.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    And it's my First Amendment right to call you unstable. Thanks for playing.
    Defamation and slander aren't protected speech.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, you did make an argument. You claimed the claims that medication can cause actions not befitting of a person in a normal mental state as "conspiracy theories". Now defend it.
    I have twice now already. If you are taking an antipsychotic, than chances are you were "psychotic" to begin with, completely independent of the medication. Therefore, attempting to defend guns right because "the drugs did it!! The drugs made the crazy people crazy!" is a conspiracy theory attempting to shift blame away from your own end and onto another with absolutely no legitimate base to it.

Psychiatric Fraud dot Org. There's no possible way they might be biased. Right guys?
    Well here's the thing. As long as the stance is going to be "Correlation doesn't equal causation" mentality; we really only have such sources to site.

Then again, you could just join my camp. Humans are a parasite and always have been. Just because a few shiny examples of "positive" persons exist doesn't some how trump thousands of years of murder, rape, and pillaging.

This notion that because technology has drastically increase over the last 100 years and thus humans should have equally evolved is idiocy. Humans are as they always have been and I for one sit very comfortably in the camp of comfort with the idea of protecting my self from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Neither are threats of death or violence.
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    Well here's the thing. As long as the stance is going to be "Correlation doesn't equal causation" mentality; we really only have such sources to site.

Then again, you could just join my camp. Humans are a parasite and always have been. Just because a few shiny examples of "positive" persons exist doesn't some how trump thousands of years of murder, rape, and pillaging.

This notion that because technology has drastically increase over the last 100 years and thus humans should have equally evolved is idiocy. Humans are as they always have been and I for one sit very comfortably in the camp of comfort with the idea of protecting my self from them.
    Sounds like a depressing way to live.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post

Join it? Bro, I've been leading that camp since I was 14.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not saying they didn't have problems beforehand. But the problems cause BY the medication messing with the body can cause actions of the mind that maybe would have not, or had a MUCH less chance of happening, happen. As I've said, I've seen one of the most kindest people I've ever known in this world, turn into a hateful ball of tears with violent tendencies, because she was prescribed a specific medication.
    Prove to me that that is the definite result of said medication. That said drug has a 100% incident of those side effects. Until then.... you have nothing, and are attempting to extrapolate the minority to the entirety.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think calling one unstable on a forum constitutes as slander.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depending on the situation and what you view as defamation and slander? Sure they are. Him calling another poster unstable does not fit the legal definition of defamation and slander.

I'm not saying they didn't have problems beforehand. But the problems cause BY the medication messing with the body can cause actions of the mind that maybe would have not, or had a MUCH less chance of happening, happen. As I've said, I've seen one of the most kindest people I've ever known in this world, turn into a hateful ball of tears with violent tendencies, because she was prescribed a specific medication.
    You've seen one. Out of over 7 billion people on the planet. So, 1/7,000,000,000 proves they're unsafe?

Right and wrong. It greatly depends on what is said. It's actually not easy in the United States to do a civil defamation or slander case. It actually takes several checks boxes to even being to form a case.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Since it is written, I believe it would be libel, if anything
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    you can call someone an asshole or a shit head or a sack of garbage, but when you call someone a liar or unstable or so one, then it's slander/libel.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    Psychiatric-fraud-dot-org.....

That seems like a legitimately non-biased, scientific source.
    at this point im surprised he didnt provide a link to a scientology site
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    I have twice now already. If you are taking an antipsychotic, than chances are you were "psychotic" to begin with, completely independent of the medication. Therefore, attempting to defend guns right because "the drugs did it!! The drugs made the crazy people crazy!" is a conspiracy theory attempting to shift blame away from your own end and onto another with absolutely no legitimate base to it.
    It's not shifting blame. It's trying to pinpoint the cause that led to the effect. I know the gun didn't whisper to the person and tell them to shoot up places. It's a tool. An inanimate object. So what could have led to the cause? There's MANY drugs out there, that on their side effects slip, will straight up say "may cause suicidal tendencies" or worse. You calling it a conspiracy theory is shifting something that could legitimately be a cause of some of these things as a joke. People who are more concerned with STOPPING these things, would be looking to the cause. Not the tools or effect.

http://www.rightdiagnosis.com/sympto...de-effects.htm

http://www.naturalnews.com/002082_an...s_the_FDA.html

http://foodmatters.tv/articles-1/is-...mass-shootings

---------- Post added 2013-01-31 at 06:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    at this point im surprised he didnt provide a link to a scientology site
    That's exactly what people who have a specific agenda do, and I'm glad you've pointed it out. Your argument is so weak, many of you are having to latch on to the fact that I linked a "Specific" site, to discredit any point I am making to try and strengthen yours. Way to point out your weaknesses, fellas.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's exactly what people who have a specific agenda do, and I'm glad you've pointed it out. Your argument is so weak, many of you are having to latch on to the fact that I linked a "Specific" site, to discredit any point I am making to try and strengthen yours. Way to point out your weaknesses, fellas.
    Specific Agenda....*Facedesk* No we don't. You linked a very obviously bias website as a source. That's your fault not ours.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

id like to point out that i am not presenting an argument. just pointing out that yours is beyond terrible
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

Neither are threats of death or violence.
    What does that have to do with you claiming your defamation is protected by the first amendment? Two wrongs don't make a right.