Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    I don't bother with my location either, but if your location is "thunder bluff", and you post the first part, it's easy to understand why they'd assume you were from the UK.
    It will delay the feds from finding you, giving you some extra time to escape into your bunker before they confiscate your property. Melt gold NOW.

---------- Post added 2013-02-07 at 05:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    because a properly made nail gun will not fire the nail unless it is pressed against a surface? Not to mention, most nail guns are pneumatic and therefore need to be hooked into compressed air in order to function. Really, carrying a nail gun around would just give you are large thing to hit people with, and a hammer or axe are much better suited for that
    There is only one purpose for a firearm. Svifnymr knows it.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    A nail-gun is a tool that fires a projectile. Why don't people carry around nail guns?

Guns are made to maim and kill.
    Nail guns are ugly, so people don't collect them either. (In general)

Nail guns are more effective for driving nails quickly than hammers. So folks that want that efficiency will buy one. If you want to bludgeon someone, you won't use a nailgun, you'll use a hammer. If you shoot someone with a nailgun, it's not suddenly an assault weapon.

There are a wide variety of guns on the market, all capable of killing, not all designed for killing. Variety of hammers, designed for many different purposes. You wouldn't use a small claw hammer to drive in railroad spikes. You wouldn't use a paring knife to chop down a tree. They can all be used lethally.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a difference between one purpose and main purpose.

There is only one purpose for a firearm. Svifnymr knows it.
    I've linked plenty of collectible guns in the thread, you ignoring anything that doesn't fit your narrow perception of reality doesn't change things.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nail guns are ugly, so people don't collect them either. (In general)

Nail guns are more effective for driving nails quickly than hammers. So folks that want that efficiency will buy one. If you want to bludgeon someone, you won't use a nailgun, you'll use a hammer. If you shoot someone with a nailgun, it's not suddenly an assault weapon.

There are a wide variety of guns on the market, all capable of killing, not all designed for killing. Variety of hammers, designed for many different purposes. You wouldn't use a small claw hammer to drive in railroad spikes. You wouldn't use a paring knife to chop down a tree. They can all be used lethally.
    All guns can kill more efficiently than hammers and nailguns. All guns are designed for killing.

---------- Post added 2013-02-07 at 05:12 PM ----------

I've linked plenty of collectible guns in the thread, you ignoring anything that doesn't fit your narrow perception of reality doesn't change things.
    Narrow perception? collectible guns are fake guns, they serve no purpose.

Deleted
    Excuse me?

Obviously talk about collectibles is a red herring and doesn't matter to this discussion, but they're not fake guns.

15+ Year Old Account
    All guns can kill more efficiently than hammers and nailguns. All guns are designed for killing.

---------- Post added 2013-02-07 at 05:12 PM ----------

No True Gunsman?
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Ah, now I see how you operate. A gun is designed for killing, so anything that is not designed for killing is not a gun. So a nice engraved single action army is not a real gun, since it's not designed for killing.

Yeah, most of us don't think that way, I'd say. A firearm is a firearm, whether it's designed for looks/ collecting, novelty, busting clays, shooting small game, large game, defensive uses or what have you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    Excuse me?

Obviously talk about collectibles is a red herring and doesn't matter to this discussion, but they're not fake guns.
    Yea tell that to Svifnymr, he thinks collectible guns is what makes "guns" as a general definition more than just a tool to kill efficiently.

---------- Post added 2013-02-07 at 05:20 PM ----------

Ah, now I see how you operate. A gun is designed for killing, so anything that is not designed for killing is not a gun. So a nice engraved single action army is not a real gun, since it's not designed for killing.

Yeah, most of us don't think that way, I'd say. A firearm is a firearm, whether it's designed for looks/ collecting, novelty, busting clays, shooting small game, large game, defensive uses or what have you.
    Engraved single action army? What is that?

Fake guns can't kill efficiently, if at all.

Guns are made to maim or kill, or to practice killing and maiming with inanimate objects.

10+ Year Old Account

so are you saying we should ban the collection of antique firearms? are you serious?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    Excuse me?

It's a bit of semantics, sure. Like when posting no one collects nail guns, all I could think of was "if I say that, I'm sure someone out there collects antique nailguns".

But no, there IS a large market for collectible firearms. Just browse the Colt website. There are plenty of target rifles that are not designed for harming anything, but still CAN harm someone.

And besides, like the car parallels, the argument is not "remove all guns", but "remove guns that are outside the accepted uses". So ban hammers or axes that are too big, cars that are too fast, et cetera.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yea tell that to Svifnymr, he thinks collectible guns is what makes "guns" as a general definition more than just a tool to kill efficiently.

---------- Post added 2013-02-07 at 05:20 PM ----------

Guns are made to maim or kill, or to practice killing and maiming with inanimate objects.
    Well let's see, Engraved is an adjective to describe an item that someone has used the art of engraving on, engraving is To carve, cut, or etch into a material (generally to make it pretty or personal). Single Action describes the firing mechanism, where the hammer is manually cocked instead of being done by the trigger pull (as in a Double Action). And an Army is a make of the Colt revolver, originally designed for use by the US Army (hence the name)

Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    so are you saying we should ban the collection of antique firearms? are you serious?
    Not sure how you got that from what I said. I don't want them to ban collectible guns nor assault weapons nor anything else... I'd love to have a machinegun, but they're too expensive to shoot anyway.

---------- Post added 2013-02-07 at 12:30 PM ----------

A rocket is a tool to destroy enemies, or is it used to put satelites in orbit?

I'm not even sure if you understood what the other poster was correcting you on.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=engraved+single+action+army

Guns were originally designed to kill prey, either in war or in hunting. Since that time, hundreds of years ago, they have evolved in function and now have many different purposes. Though I don't know of a gun designed for MAIMING, that just seems odd.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well let's see, Engraved is an adjective to describe an item that someone has used the art of engraving on, engraving is To carve, cut, or etch into a material (generally to make it pretty or personal). Single Action describes the firing mechanism, where the hammer is manually cocked instead of being done by the trigger pull (as in a Double Action). And an Army is a make of the Colt revolver, originally designed for use by the US Army (hence the name)
    So it's a gun.

---------- Post added 2013-02-07 at 05:35 PM ----------

Not sure how you got that from what I said. I don't want them to ban collectible guns nor assault weapons nor anything else... I'd love to have a machinegun, but they're too expensive to shoot anyway.

I'm not even sure if you understood what the other poster was correcting you on.

Guns were originally designed to kill prey, either in war or in hunting. Since that time, hundreds of years ago, they have evolved in function and now have many different purposes. Though I don't know of a gun designed for MAIMING, that just seems odd.
    A rocket is merely a transport device, hence it is used for both satellite launches and bunker busters. Guns on the other hand have no other uses than to kill or maim anything living.

---------- Post added 2013-02-07 at 05:36 PM ----------

You still haven't stated the other purposes, unless other purposes includes "mounted on a wall".

15+ Year Old Account
    So it's a gun.

---------- Post added 2013-02-07 at 05:35 PM ----------

A rocket is merely a transport device, hence it is used for both satellite launches and bunker busters. Guns on the other hand have no other uses than to kill or maim anything living.
    Actually, according to you it's not a gun since it's collectible

15+ Year Old Account
    Actually, according to you it's not a gun since it's collectible
    Can it fire?

15+ Year Old Account
    Can it fire?

Doesn't matter according to you. If it's collectible it's not a gun

15+ Year Old Account

Doesn't matter according to you. If it's collectible it's not a gun
    He stated that guns that cannot fire are considered collectible. He is splitting hairs. If a collectible gun can fire, it's a gun. If it can't it isn't a gun.

He stated that guns that cannot fire are considered collectible. He is splitting hairs. If a collectible gun can fire, it's a gun. If it can't it isn't a gun.
    No I didn't.

15+ Year Old Account
    No I didn't.
    there are many that are indeed designed as collector items and not even intended to be fired.