Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    The KKK flag was one truck, everything else is pretty much everywhere. I feel like more of them are moving to constructed freedom camps in the woods, or something. They've been less prevalent in the city limits lately, but maybe that's just the liberal progress being made, as we elected our first female/Democrat mayor and the city gets a ton of its problems fixed.
    I have lived in the "South" for most of my life and while yes these individuals do exist I have maybe seen 5 symbols of the KKK in my 27 years of life, if that even. I mean lets just lump everyone together as a redneck simply because it supports your argument or shoes them into some box that must be filled with a particular description for you.

What city? I mean I am honestly curious what you consider the south and what city this is. If there really is a strong KKK influence, as you make it sound like, then I am surprised that a female democrat was elected mayor of your city.

- - - Updated - - -

Live in the south, pretty much everyone with a gun may not have a red neck, but they wear camo, duck dynasty caps and wife beaters, ride 4 wheelers, spout Obama conspiracy theories, and just in general act like Operation American Spring people. Hell there was a pickup truck displaying a giant confederate flag and a KKK flag for awhile. People who don't think this shit happens haven't been to the bible belt.
    This is almost the most ignorant statement you have made yet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I've lived all over America and I've honestly never seen or knew any "rednecks" that owned an assault rifle.
    Shotguns and pistols are far more popular. Many do like hunting rifles. Never seen a redneck with a pistol grip, enhanced sights, or anything silly like that. Plenty of camo hunting rifles.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Shotguns and pistols are far more popular. Many do like hunting rifles. Never seen a redneck with a pistol grip, enhanced sights, or anything silly like that. Plenty of camo hunting rifles.
    Why is it silly? What is wrong with those additions? How is modifying your weapon (in a way that DOES NOT increase the rate at which it can fire) a bad thing? That's the thing I don't get.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan2k10 View Post
    This is almost the most ignorant statement you have made yet.
    So what I've seen is an ignorant statement? I've commonly been through Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee, Georgia, SC NC. One of the most common things to see is road signs filled with bullet holes. Instead of spray paint, they do drive by shotgunning.

Well, your opinion has never really been that solid or even discernible within reasonable thought.

What city? I mean I am honestly curious what you consider the south and what city this is. If there really is a strong KKK influence, as you make it sound like, then I am surprised that a female democrat was elected mayor of your city.
    It's a college city, its population exploded within the past 20 years despite the college having been around for ~200. You know what they say, education has a liberal bias. It's probably why I don't see as many unnecessarily large camouflage pickup trucks blasting country music as I did 10 years ago.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Live in the south, pretty much everyone with a gun may not have a red neck, but they wear camo, duck dynasty caps and wife beaters, ride 4 wheelers, spout Obama conspiracy theories, and just in general act like Operation American Spring people. Hell there was a pickup truck displaying a giant confederate flag and a KKK flag for awhile. People who don't think this shit happens haven't been to the bible belt.
    Well now owning a 4 wheeler makes you a redneck too now? Well shit, they just keep adding more and more to the formal definition of redneck.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    You can't have it both ways. You can't, on one hand, dismiss anything the "founding fathers" said that doesn't fit your narrative, and then use their other quotes to suit your needs. Either they're full of shit, or they aren't.
    As a collective whole, they had the right ideas. As individuals they where not perfect. Kind of like the concept of many minds is better than one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    you shouldn´t use the word logic anymore

do you know what you just did?

ruken said: apples are a fruit

and you answered with, therefor every fruit is an apple
    I'm fully aware of what I did in that post. I identified a poster who used a derogatory slang term to generalize anyone who disagrees with gun control. I then used sarcasm to mock his ignorant point of view. If you don't understand what was wrong with his post, I really can't help you understand what I did and why it was necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Yilar
    Lol, you really don't have a clue do you? Most people that own assault rifles are rednecks.
    I'd venture to say you're the one who is 'without a clue.' You don't seem to understand what the term 'redneck' means, how it applies to people, and why owning a gun and being a redneck are not necessarily related in any meaningful way. What you said is basically the equivalent of 'most people that own assault rifles are niggers.'

My apologies for using racism to make a point, but you're pretty damn ignorant if you believe what you just posted. The rest of your post is pretty ridiculous as well, but it's that first part that's most offensive.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    I'm fully aware of what I did in that post. I identified a poster who used a derogatory slang term to generalize anyone who disagrees with gun control. I then used sarcasm to mock his ignorant point of view. If you don't understand what was wrong with his post, I really can't help you understand what I did and why it was necessary.
    wow, you sure have an ability to read anything you want into stuff, impressive

so him saying rednecks don´t care much for laws and government they don´t agree with, is generalizing anyone who disagrees with gun control... uhm, aha

that´s a pretty specific generalisation if you ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

So what I've seen is an ignorant statement? I've commonly been through Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee, Georgia, SC NC. One of the most common things to see is road signs filled with bullet holes. Instead of spray paint, they do drive by shotgunning.

Well, your opinion has never really been that solid or even discernible within reasonable thought.

It's a college city, its population exploded within the past 20 years despite the college having been around for ~200. You know what they say, education has a liberal bias. It's probably why I don't see as many unnecessarily large camouflage pickup trucks blasting country music as I did 10 years ago.

Completely ignoring the ignorant statement you made earlier following my statement pointing out how ignorant it was. You said pretty much everyone with a gun = redneck. Thats just fucking dumb but I have come to expect that from you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Everyone knows that gun hugging rednecks only exist in the bible belt and some poor rural areas of California. We're not generalizing all gun owners or US conservatives. Nobody even said that.

- - - Updated - - -

Completely ignoring the ignorant statement you made earlier following my statement pointing out how ignorant it was. You said pretty much everyone with a gun = redneck. Thats just fucking dumb but I have come to expect that from you.
    I said everyone with camo, a wife beater, duck dynasty cap, pickup truck and a four wheeler. Try to keep up. Although it has been your guys' MO to misrepresent what we've said so you apply some kind of ridicule to it. So not only are you completely misrepresenting what I said, but you're only doing it for the sake of appeals to ridicule? Is that really all you have?

Everyone knows that gun hugging rednecks only exist in the bible belt and some poor rural areas of California. We're not generalizing all gun owners or US conservatives. Nobody even said that.

- - - Updated - - -

I said everyone with camo, a wife beater, duck dynasty cap, pickup truck and a four wheeler. Try to keep up. Although it has been your guys' MO to misrepresent what we've said so you apply some kind of ridicule to it. So not only are you completely misrepresenting what I said, but you're only doing it for the sake of appeals to ridicule? Is that really all you have?
    Thats like saying queers, using this term since it is a derogatory for a derogatory term replacement of redneck, only exist in extremely liberal areas.....And you said, pretty much everyone with a gun, that is not a huge ass generalization of gun owners? Please stop being an idiot.
    Last edited by Titan2k10; 2014-05-30 at 01:35 PM.

wow, you sure have an ability to read anything you want into stuff, impressive

so him saying rednecks don´t care much for laws and government they don´t agree with, is generalizing anyone who disagrees with gun control... uhm, aha

that´s a pretty specific generalisation if you ask me
    What is the point of saying something like that within the context of a gun control thread if it wasn't to imply that people who disagree with gun control are rednecks? He said it in response to:

In most civilized countries people have an obligation to hand over weapons they aren't allowed to have. Same could apply to america.
    Rednecks don't exactly give a shit about laws and government they don't agree with.
    The guy has only posted snark and personal attacks instead of actually responding to arguments people make with logic and reason. So please, continue to tell us all how he wasn't generalizing anyone who disagrees with gun control as rednecks. It's amusing.

15+ Year Old Account
    What is the point of saying something like that within the context of a gun control thread if it wasn't to imply that people who disagree with gun control are rednecks? He said it in response to:
    because we´ve seen the people on international televison, the people he´s talking about, again he never said gun owners don´t give a shit about laws and government they don´t agree with, so stop reading it like that, you could´ve instead ask if he meant every gunowner, but instead you´ve jumped to a conclusion and now defend it
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

because we´ve seen the people on international televison, the people he´s talking about, again he never said gun owners don´t give a shit about laws and government they don´t agree with, so stop reading it like that, you could´ve instead ask if he meant every gunowner, but instead you´ve jumped to a conclusion and now defend it
    Yeah, I'm sure I just jumped to a conclusion for no reason at all. It's not like the guy constantly avoids actual discussion by posting snark comments and personal attacks.

You're right, I totally overreacted.

It's not like there's a segment of people out there who aren't rednecks that disagree with gun control laws or anything.

The guy has only posted snark and personal attacks instead of actually responding to arguments people make with logic and reason.
    Coming from the guy who hasn't linked studies, and instead insists that scientific statistics aren't real, and dictionaries aren't authorities on definitions. I've linked shit, you haven't. You can't. It's why you dwell on bullshit 'equivalencies' like it's some sort of proof.

10+ Year Old Account
    How is "Rednecks don't exactly give a shit about laws and government they don't agree with." not saying that rednecks don't exactly give a shit about law and government they don't agree with?
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Coming from the guy who hasn't linked studies, and instead insists that scientific statistics aren't real, and dictionaries aren't authorities on definitions. I've linked shit, you haven't. You can't. It's why you dwell on bullshit 'equivalencies' like it's some sort of proof.
    You missed the last 5 pages where the articles you linked were obviously identified as not scientific. Please, do continue to tell us they were though.

10+ Year Old Account
    You missed the last 5 pages where the articles you linked were obviously identified as not scientific. Please, do continue to tell us they were though.
    Well I'm sure they had the word 'scientific' in there somewhere! That's all you need!

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I'm sure I just jumped to a conclusion for no reason at all. It's not like the guy constantly avoids actual discussion by posting snark comments and personal attacks.

You're right, I totally overreacted.

It's not like there's a segment of people out there who aren't rednecks that disagree with gun control laws or anything.
    well i understand if you´d consider yourself a redneck for whatever reason you´d be willing to call yourself one then you could be pissed

exactly, there are people who disagree with gun control laws that aren´t rednecks

You see what I mean Mayhem? He attacks ME and not the arguments I make.

'I didn't link any studies, therefore my argument must be flawed.'

'I don't treat the dictionary as the infallible authority on what words mean, therefore my argument must be flawed.'

'I make comparisons between objects to define how they can be both similar and different, therefore my argument must be flawed.'

Seriously, he isn't contributing anything of value to the discussion, and you want to defend his post as something it's obviously not?

well i understand if you´d consider yourself a redneck for whatever reason you´d be willing to call yourself one then you could be pissed
    The guy he quoted wasn't talking about rednecks. He was simply offering the idea that people in America who have illegal guns (if the law is changed to reclassify certain guns as illegal) could be obligated to hand them over to the government, as is done in other 1st world countries.

There was absolutely zero reason for Ruken to then respond by saying 'rednecks don't agree with the law and would keep their guns' if he understood that not all people who disagree with laws are rednecks. If he were the slightest bit interested in being honest and productive to the discussion, he simply would have said 'some people might disagree with the law and refrain from handing over their guns.'

But no, he had to throw the term 'redneck' in there as if it's only rednecks who would do something like that. You know, like doing something like that automatically makes you a redneck.

Seriously, this is what he's been doing most of the thread. Open your eyes man.