Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    http://www.amjmed.com/webfiles/image...m/AJM12080.pdf
    That's that new study that came out September last year.
    There might be no link between guns and crimes, but there sure is between guns and firearm deaths.
    Oh colour me shocked, there is a link between firearm deaths and guns, who would have thought. Next time you will tell us the next shocking revelation: that there is a link between stabbing deaths and knives.

Nice try, but you really need to try harder if you want to set up a straw-man.
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

Tinykong accusing you of being an hypocrite.
    Amazing.
    I guess he's too busy coming up with ad hominem to answer properly to posts.
    Thing is if I call him trolling I get infracted. Amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    There seems to be a resounding consensus amongst the gunners that rational debate is beyond capability at the moment.

Don't be mad your pending ad hominem got exposed prematurely.
    ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stop using this term incorrectly!

Deleted
    I find amazing tinykong still talks after the humiliation of being called out on a lie and refusing to answer back.
    Some people have no respect for themselves

10+ Year Old Account
    You're making a link that no one is making. Guns - crime
    The link being made in his post and the study linked is guns - gun related deaths.
    Actually that is what the discussion is about, you attempt to turn it to firearm deaths only is a straw-man, and a shoddy one at that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Gunblades anyone?
    Those only cause scars and really antisocial behavior and suddenly become super romantic and very....big emotional issues+TIMECOMPRESSION!
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Then stop quoting all my arguments of gun regulation. Because they say otherwise.

Can you actually address one of those points now?
    Once you answer the question:

Why do you own guns?
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoranon View Post
    Oh colour me shocked, there is a link between firearm deaths and guns, who would have thought. Next time you will tell us the next shocking revelation: that there is a link between stabbing deaths and knives.

Nice try, but you really need to try harder if you want to set up a straw-man.
    Sooooo the fact that this means the extremely high numbers of gun related death you have are related to the high number of guns you have is not a surprise to you?
    That means that, unless you don't care about your own people to die, you support stricter gun control?

You're making a link that no one is making. Guns - crime
    The link being made in his post and the study linked is guns - gun related deaths.
    No shit... that's like saying people are more likely to die in car accidents when driving a car.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sooooo the fact that this means the extremely high numbers of gun related death you have are related to the high number of guns you have is not a surprise to you?
    That means that, unless you don't care about your own people to die, you support stricter gun control?
    It is irrelevant to a murder victim if he was stabbed or shot to death, the only meaningful statistic is murder rate per capita and its longer term trend.

So we have gone from setting up a strawman, to a loaded question? My my, you really love your logical fallacies.

Deleted
    Actually that is what the discussion is about, you attempt to turn it to firearm deaths only is a straw-man, and a shoddy one at that.

No that's what YOU are discussing. The problem lies somewhere else. As we can clearly see.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    No shit... that's like saying people are more likely to die in car accidents when driving a car.
    Good. So you agree on better gun control then?

- - - Updated - - -

It is irrelevant to a murder victim if he was stabbed or shot to death, the only meaningful statistic is murder rate per capita and its longer term trend.

So we have gone from setting up a strawman, to a loaded question? My my, you really love your logical fallacies.
    It is irrelevant to a murder victim of course. The poin being there would be LESS murder victims with less guns as the study says.

No that's what YOU are discussing. The problem lies somewhere else. As we can clearly see.

- - - Updated - - -

If by gun control you mean people having better control of their guns, absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

So now we're back to firearm murders? Excluding Mexico, of course, because we wouldn't want to skew the graph or anything...
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Define gun control.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    If by gun control you mean people having better control of their guns, absolutely.
    Having less guns, since that would reduce the extremely high number of gun related deaths.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    So now we're back to firearm murders? Excluding Mexico, of course, because we wouldn't want to skew the graph or anything...
    Still talking?

10+ Year Old Account

It is irrelevant to a murder victim of course. The poin being there would be LESS murder victims with less guns as the study says.
    Please stop embarrassing yourself with your complete lack of statistical knowledge, it is getting ridiculous.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    Define gun control.
    Better regulations and eventually less guns. As this will reduce murder rates, as shown by the study.

10+ Year Old Account
    Better regulations and eventually less guns. As this will reduce murder rates, as shown by the study.
    Stop lying, the study says nothing of the kind.

Having less guns, since that would reduce the extremely high number of gun related deaths.

- - - Updated - - -

Still talking?

Having less guns would mean confiscation, I don't agree with that.

Control over who has access to guns I do agree with. ie Background checks, better secured storage, mandatory training. Common sense shit.

Deleted
    Please stop embarrassing yourself with your complete lack of statistical knowledge, it is getting ridiculous.
    Just read the studies linked like any good boy would do mmmk?
    ‘Guns do not make a nation safer,’ say doctors in new study

Countries with lower gun ownership are safer than those with higher gun ownership, reports The American Journal of Medicine
    http://www.amjmed.com/webfiles/image...m/AJM12080.pdf

The study shows nothing of the sort.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.