Thinking out of the box - SMF PVP?

I was looking at SMF stat weights for a PVE enviroment and I noticed how well it scales with crit.

So it got me thinking could I gem (and reforge) crit and get 2 x PVP 1 hands and go into arenas?
    I don't have the points to buy 2 x PVP 1 hands but I was thinking that it would be deadly in 2s with a healer.
    I am expecting extremely high sustained damage and most specifically high rage generation in battle stance which should translate into spamming heroic strikes extremely often.

After all the talents are the same regardless of the spec.

I did try titans grip fury and it does less damage than arms. It seems to me the combination of refreshing colossus smash with "cannot be dodged parried always a crit" overpower give arms the lead.

However I am intrigued at the possibility of high enrage uptimes of fury.

Should I save my conquest points to buy the 1handers or should I just stick with the good old arms?
    Do crit white hits give more rage than normal white hits?

Deleted
    Doubt you'll see "extremely high sustained damage" with SMF if you don't see it with TG. SMF and TG are very similar overall, it's SMF's considerably stronger execute range that puts it ahead in pve, which isn't of much relevance in pvp.

White crits give the same rage as white hits now.

10+ Year Old Account
    First off im playing fury pvp since s1. But I dont take MoP seriously and have not started playing any serious arenas yet (our mate is on army mission).
    And I found that playing Prot FC RBGs more fun that fucked 2s we play just 4 cap.
    Here is my gear :
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...n/Zzeed/simple
    What i see atm:
    1. You need CRIT LOADS OF CRIT. Otherwise you dont have enrage and rb up
    2. Wild strike crits hard as smf
    3. Rage is not a problem most of the time
    4. Feral cat will mess you up
    5. Expertise is very important. You dont have overpower to counter dodge.... Thats why read above
    After all nerfs you can outplay arms warrior (if hes not elite geared :P) I do think Fury could use some sort of pvp buff. But it will be hard to keep pve damage where it is atm. Once we get our 3v3 going i will see where we are at.
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

Quote Originally Posted by lordzed83 View Post
    First off im playing fury pvp since s1. But I dont take MoP seriously and have not started playing any serious arenas yet (our mate is on army mission).
    And I found that playing Prot FC RBGs more fun that fucked 2s we play just 4 cap.
    Here is my gear :
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...n/Zzeed/simple
    What i see atm:
    1. You need CRIT LOADS OF CRIT. Otherwise you dont have enrage and rb up
    2. Wild strike crits hard as smf
    3. Rage is not a problem most of the time
    4. Feral cat will mess you up
    5. Expertise is very important. You dont have overpower to counter dodge.... Thats why read above
    After all nerfs you can outplay arms warrior (if hes not elite geared :P) I do think Fury could use some sort of pvp buff. But it will be hard to keep pve damage where it is atm. Once we get our 3v3 going i will see where we are at.
    How often do you find yourself having excess rage to spam heroic strikes and wild strikes?

I played SMF fury for the first half of the season, I picked up a 2hander last Tuesday to play arms because of the 10x better sustained damage. If you're not going to try to get past 1750 in 2s or 3s even in Arms go ahead and play SMF, it worked perfectly fine for me. Also its very rare to have enough rage to use both Heroic Strike and Wild Strikes though its possible if you're getting attacked a lot and fast if you're in Berserker stance for a bunch of extra rage. Here is a link to my character. It won't let me link my character but if you search me Elìminator (The first I is an alt code so just copy past) make sure you are on the U.S. site I'm Wyrmrest Accord Human warrior though I should be the only one if you copy past Elìminator properly.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think the best way to go is currently full PvP gear TG pvp weapons will give you alot of extra dmg on players!

Its kinda an all or nothing tactic where you jump in and unload all your cds, and if it wont die, you will not do any kind of serious damage untill your cds are back up.

Leothas is right though the SMF Dragon Roar pulls ahead and with a frost mage prenerf we were nuking things 100%-0% in about 3seconds most pallies didn't even have time to bubble.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leothas ye right but 1 thing
    YOU GET FUCK ALL as tg from second pvp weapon. That is reason i went smf. TG does not get TG bonus for pvp thanks blizzzard.
    TG is so much worse in pvp. Extra damage comes from white strikes. Wildstrike hits for nothing....
    Last edited by lordzed83; 2012-12-18 at 08:24 PM.
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

Quote Originally Posted by ZaelRah View Post
    Leothas is right though the SMF Dragon Roar pulls ahead and with a frost mage prenerf we were nuking things 100%-0% in about 3seconds most pallies didn't even have time to bubble.
    I assume that explains why you say it can't get past 1750, due to SMF's reliance in Dragon Roar for PvP? Because Shockwave is just... so good haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Redlikemyrage View Post
    I assume that explains why you say it can't get past 1750, due to SMF's reliance in Dragon Roar for PvP? Because Shockwave is just... so good haha.
    Yes and no haha I picked Dragon Roar mainly so I wouldn't put a stun Diminishing Return on the mage's Deep Freeze so he wouldn't lose out on important burst times. Shockwaves can hit almost as hard during full hard burst but nothing of the 200k+s I achieved with dragonroar
    But yes because shockwave is pretty important for Warriors right now.
    (On a side note I figured out that Warbringer does not DR on stuns anymore like it did at the start of the season it means you can chain stun for 7seconds+ which I have killed 2200+healers in that stun time, its pretty nice.)

10+ Year Old Account
    What no DR on warbringer. I need to look into that now
    I was thinking about Bladestorm. It should be in last tier instead of BB in my opinion :P
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

Quote Originally Posted by lordzed83 View Post
    What no DR on warbringer. I need to look into that now
    I was thinking about Bladestorm. It should be in last tier instead of BB in my opinion :P
    It would be kind of interesting if BS and BB switched tiers but it would never fly, the 1hit potential is too much. (Think about it Fury Dragon Roar then a Fury Bladestorm? Or the shockwave stun into bladestorm, shit would just get gross and no one would ever pick Bloodbath unless they were idiots, I mean maybe if bloodbath got a gooshy buff to match with the damage of dr and bs or the stun of shockwave.)