10+ Year Old Account

Can I use Killing Spree on Garalon?

Simple question. Is there a safe distance I can pop this skill and not have it teleport me under the boss' belly to be squished like a bug? I'd love to Killing Spree the living Bajeezus out of one of it's legs once in a while without causing death(s).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    Simple question. Is there a safe distance I can pop this skill and not have it teleport me under the boss' belly to be squished like a bug? I'd love to Killing Spree the living Bajeezus out of one of it's legs once in a while without causing death(s).
    I do not think there is any distance, in which you can use Killing Spree with out activating his "jump". That being said, if you are the only one triggering the "jump", you should not get hit.

So you should be able to use it.

Deleted
    yes it is usable. you have to walk away from your currently attacked leg (and the boss itself of course) some distance that is roughly similar to the size of the smaller circle around one leg. then use it to teleport back on the leg etc. dont forget to cleave the damage. as always with cleave active, walk towards the boss after each teleport (facing himself and his leg) to make sure to get the cleave damage off.

sounds more complicated than it is. best thing to do is to test this stuff on raidfinder as it wont cause any wipes if you fail once or twice there.

Not sure if I'm explaining it properly, but on Garalon in lfr, i ran diagonally away from a leg and kept pressing killing spree while running closer until it jumped onto the leg, and it didnt port me into the body (or trigger a crush), it just stayed on that one leg.

I didnt do extensive testing, and i didnt want to risk it on normal. This was tested on December 14 2012.

I didnt want to risk using it without moving away a good distance first, as I didnt want to be the reason for a crush (even though its just lfr).

So long story short, i was able to KS, just didnt risk starting close to the leg. I may try it this week, if someone else doesn't try it before me.

its working definetly but its a risky move and if you tank garalon aswell i wouldt bother trying it because the time to actually run away from the front of garalon to use one KS and run back(if you glyphed KS) in his cleave range is very small
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Yes, Killing Spree will never port you to something that was outside it's range when you begin. With this in mind, if you are far enough away from the body, you can cast this and it will hit the leg each time. This nets around 2-4% dps increase over not using it.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

The problem with using it is even if you use it at proper range, as he is moving his legs there is the possibility of your killing spree being put inside the purple circle. If you ever watch the fight, when his legs go up they get closer to his body also.

Use at your own risk. It's typically not worth the small DPS gain on this fight.

Deleted
    For some reason very few people understand what Killing Spree does. Let me link the tooltip:

"Step through the shadows from enemy to enemy within 10 yards, attacking an enemy every 0.5 sec with both weapons until 7 assaults are made, and increasing all damage done by 50% for the duration. Can hit the same target multiple times. Cannot hit invisible or stealthed targets."

What many miss is that the 10 yard check happens only when you first activate Killing Spree. If Garalon's body (i.e. the purple circle) is within 10 yards of you, KS will use that as a valid target which means that odds are you'll trigger Crush - if however only the leg is within range, you will never hit his body because it wasn't a valid target at point of activation.

Case in point, run away from Garalon before using KS so that only the targetted leg is within 10 yard range and you'll never have trouble with this again.

Well, I would say if you have to run out of range to use killing spree, you are reducing your dps to do that- that will definitely shrink the gain. If you are just tasked as dps this sounds like it would work though. I'm always tanking this fight, so it would definitely be unwise then as I could miss a cone. I don't think you'd gain the full 2-4% dps in any event, being as you have to walk outside of the purple circle to begin this effect.