Deleted

would GMs in-game report a friend?

We know GMs play secretly in-game with their characters but they are not allowed to tell anyone they are GMs. What if they have some good friends and one of those friends gets really mad over let's say, a mage (what else can you get mad about? ). And he starts like swearing like hell and throwing a few f*cks in every sentence. Would that GM suspend him you think? Works with different cases of course.

This is like... the most circumstantial topic I've seen in a long time. This depends on so many factors, how would anyone ever accurately answer this? I'm sure some GMs would ban give someone they know a suspension, but I'm sure there are just as many (if not more) GMs that would let more things slide. And your example is pretty non-suspendable. Saying f*ck a few times is like a warning at most. If GMs suspended people for cussing people out, or took every one of these reports seriously then half of WoW would be constantly suspended.

I get mad about warriors.

I don't think GMs are allowed to suspend someone without another person reporting it.

Afaik GMs can't play on the same realms that they manage. I suppose they could report someone to another GM they work with, but I doubt any true friend would do that. I played from 2005-2008 with a guy who was a GM by day and our raid leader by night. He said he had no jurisdiction over our realm because he played on it. Ironically he also broke more of the ToS than anyone I knew by using account sharing to fill up raids with the classes we needed. These people are not shining beacons of virtue they just do their job, I doubt many actually care about breaches of ToS on a moral level.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhurn View Post
    Afaik GMs can't play on the same realms that they manage. I suppose they could report someone to another GM they work with, but I doubt any true friend would do that. I played from 2005-2008 with a guy who was a GM by day and our raid leader by night. He said he had no jurisdiction over our realm because he played on it. Ironically he also broke more of the ToS than anyone I knew by using account sharing to fill up raids with the classes we needed lmao. These people are not shining beacons of virtue they just do their job, I doubt many actually care about breaches of ToS on a moral level.

GM's dont manage spesific servers. They take tickets from all over EU or a spesific set of realms.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakzlol View Post
    GM's dont manage spesific servers. They take tickets from all over EU or a spesific set of realms.
    Right, but for example the guy I knew played on Crushridge so he could not take tickets from that cluster of realms.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakzlol View Post
    While true, they are not allowed to take tickets on the realm(s) that they play on. The reason I know this is I have interviewed with Blizzard in the past for a position and that was one of the main things mentioned during the interview process when the question was raised. Nor are they allowed to take tickets from players that they personally know.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

10+ Year Old Account
    A smart GM would talk to his friend and tell him to stop the behaviour. If that fails and he was afraid for his friend's reaction he could ask a different GM to suspend his friend. There are many elegant solutions to this really.