Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Problems with my DPS

So, last night i went on Heart of Fear, did the first 2 boss....this is the first time i went assassination since cataclism......

My gear is 485 right now, 489 dagger/476 dagger (from normal and lfr stone guards)

On Vizier i did 63k, and on Blade Lord, 59-60k

Is that bad ? cause people were yelling telling that my dps was low

Idk if im doing anything wrong in my rotations........

I start Stealth, Ambush+vanish+mutilate+rupture

after that get few CP SnD....then i start doing multilate until i get 5 CP for envenom or to refresh rupture (use dispatch when it procs too) (vanish when up for free multilate)

Im doing it right? or should i do envenom with less CP for the poison application.....idk what i can do to improove my dps.....

What I'm doing

Pull :

Pre-pot + stealth
    Mutilate
    SnD
    Mutilate (regardless of Blindside proc)
    Rupture
    Vendetta + Shadow Blades
    Mutilate/Blindside
    Vanish + Mutilate
    If 5CP, Envenom and start standard cycle ; if 4CP, mutilate and then envenom

From then, Rupture anytime it's about to drop, Envenom with 5CP and 80 energy pooled.
    If you have a Blindside proc and already at 5CP, use it during Envenom buff.

2nd pot during Vendetta+SB when in Execute phase (< 35%)

The whole point of assa is to do the most hits during Envenom, with the higher uptime on it.
    I'm at 493 ilvl and end up around 80-84k DPS on Zor'lok iirc, but I have 2x Stoneguard heroic daggers (one of them 2/2 Upgrade) and weapons are a big deal.
    Last edited by Kortiah; 2012-12-13 at 01:52 AM.

Someone told me that the poison application buff from Envenom is a big deal......is it? whats the uptime i should have on it ?

My last Zor'lok kill :

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/e...?s=3860&e=4234

Sorry it's in French, wasn't the one who logged the report. You can probably figure it out though.

6:14min fight, 32 envenom, 49% uptime.

Probably wasn't an optimal fight because we tend to dick around, so I didn't have Flask/Food (agi = crit = more CP = more Env. uptime), but that should give you an insight.

50-55% uptime is really good

Here's a log from my kill on tuesday

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=7888&e=8238

If you have logs link them, it will help us give you better information on what if anything you're doing wrong.

The logs are the only thing that is going to give us REAL information to help you on.

Although that opener is kind of weird. This is the one I use as often as possible:
    Mutilate (from stealth) -> Rupture -> Mutilate -> SND -> Mutilate -> Envenom
    Carp - Illidan-US
    I wish I wish I was a fish.
    My rogue

We'll be able to help you more if you link logs and an armory page---if your opener is that messed up, you probably have a few other things you could work on.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...kvallar/simple only level 90 rogue with that name.
    Jekkvallar@Gurubashi nolonger exist, possible server transfer

ill see if i can find any logs
    Last edited by eijin; 2012-12-13 at 04:48 PM.

Log for the Azralon toon:

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-oo0me2s5p90mffqe/

Yes, only the one. And he's in a different guild now. He performed in the 20-27th percentile....so there's a bit going wrong somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoobins View Post
    Log for the Azralon toon:

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-oo0me2s5p90mffqe/

Yes, only the one. And he's in a different guild now. He performed in the 20-27th percentile....so there's a bit going wrong somewhere.
    Thanks, got pulled away by customers. feng is the best test (as if he wasnt logging spiritbinder's numbers could be skewed. 83% uptime so i imagine he wasnt)
    This log is like a month old, so i imagine gear has changed a ton so actual numbers cant be taken into account.
    -windsong x2, weaker enchant thant dancing steel
    -seemingly high blindside uptime, 12.7% leads me to believe he was sitting on them for quite some time. While there are situations where this isnt bad, it makes me wonder about using mutilates while blindside is active and he isnt energy capped
    -3 vendettas casted, 7:04 fight, 4 would be expected. (let it sit off cooldown almost a full minute before the second cast, resulting in shadow blades being up during it, which is nice, but 30s less of uptime on it makes it -not- worth it)
    -84% rupture uptime is very low for a fight like this. the only reason it should drop off is epicenter (having to run out) and even then, 2-3 of these should be cheated with CoS.

i would say ur doing fine with ur gear, maybe a lil lower but still bearable.

He's 6/16. That's below average right now: I pug cleared MSV this week on an alt, and got 3/6 HoF with the same group later.

So either he's holding his group back, or he doesn't care enough about it to force progress/gquit.

first of all rogues will have a hard time toping the meters on all fights at the current gear level as rogues scale very good with gear.

for the opener:
    pre-pot - stealth - mutilate - rupture -mutilate - SnD -mutilate - evenom when 5+cp
    http://www.icy-veins.com/assassinati...lities#opening

as for why mutilate over ambush
    Mutilate will give you more Combo Points in average, because you have a chance to get a free Dispatch which grants 1 Combo Point and gives you an additional chance to proc Seal Fate.

Tangent question: Ambush sucks for Assassination? What's the thought process behind opening with Mutilate?

EDIT: Ninja poster above me answered my question! Vurreh sneakeh...
    Last edited by Skygoneblue; 2012-12-13 at 11:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skygoneblue View Post
    Tangent question: Ambush sucks for Assassination? What's the thought process behind opening with Mutilate?

EDIT: Ninja poster above me answered my question! Vurreh sneakeh...
    Mut has a chance to proc blindside & has double the chance of applying your poisons when compared to ambush. This is why you open with Mutilate.

As for opening, it seems alot of rogues are using their 1st set of CPs on SnD. Don't, spend it on Rupture.

1. Prepot > Stealth
    2. SS to target > Mutilate
    3. Rupture
    4. If blindside proc Dispatch > If no blindside proc Mutilate
    5. SnD with combo points

After that its going off with your rotation/priority. Try to pop Vendetta and SBlades ASAP so you get maximum usage in the fight. I prefer to POP both CDs when I'm sitting at 5 combo points and about to envenom with pooled energy. Have a way to track your anticipation charges so you don't overlap your envenom buff.

Never drop rupture, never drop SnD, maximize your envenom buff uptime. Manage CDs so that its up during lust, prepot + pot during lust and CDs. With anticipation talented, always envenom with 5 cps, try to always rupture with 5 cps as this should not be hard if you know how to manage your combo points.

The dps difference in opening with mut or ambush is tiny (0.1% dps) and to my knowledge was still up in the air - heck, even shadowcraft says it's a dps increase for me to use ambush.

It makes almost no difference.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    My opener

Prepot/stealth
    Mutilate
    SnD
    Shadowblades (No GCD)
    Mutilate
    Dispatch if it procs (gives 5cp rupture)
    Rupture
    Vendetta
    Mutilate
    Vanish
    Mutilate
    Then normal rotation.

Try to refresh rupture as fast as possible, but always let it run out completely.

I'm not sure about the optimal use of Shadowblades (though I would say it has to be used during Vendetta), but it has been stated and proven that SnD has to be up before Rupture in order to maximize your DPS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kortiah View Post
    I'm not sure about the optimal use of Shadowblades (though I would say it has to be used during Vendetta), but it has been stated and proven that SnD has to be up before Rupture in order to maximize your DPS.
    Do you have any source for this? I can't remember seeing anything like this statement with any numbers backed but I could be wrong. Opening with rupture should prove to be the better choice simply because it will make your opener faster, Ambush->Muti->Muti should put you at about 5/1cp and so you can 5p rupture and 1p SnD whilst going SnD first would go like Ambush->SnD->Muti->Muti->(Rupture)->Muti->Rupture(If going for 5p) but really I would say it's a very small dps difference in either case.

edit: this is of course disregarding any blindside procs which would change the opener to whatever makes it the fastest with the highest available uptime on both snd and rupture.

Quote Originally Posted by Kortiah View Post
    Sources, please.