Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Cool Favorite firearm,bow,crossbow, blowgun? (YOU OWN)

First and foremost this thread is about showing off your mechanical babies! Whether you use them for hunting, plinking , or competition its all fun. Feel free to brag it up. Post pics,targets or share your stories. Also if anyone reloads or casts their own bullets share your set ups! This thread is for gun people who LIKE GUNS if you DON'T LIKE GUNS FEEL PLEASE DON'T POST HERE. THERE ARE PLENTY OF THREADS YOU CAN USE ELSEWHERE. Any derogatory remarks should just be ignored as to not derail thread thanks in advance.

I shall post pics tomorrow seeing as its night time and quality will not be very good.

However my favorite gun I have far beyond any else I have is my M1 Garand love it so, and is very accurate. Others I love almost as much include my
    1941 98k Mauser - 7.92x57 Had to replace old war torn barrel but now is a great shooter!
    1936 Marlin 36 lever action - 32 Winchester special. Amazing old deer rifle still great after all these years
    Ruger 10/22 - 22lr . very fun to shoot and soo many mod options!
    Marlin 981T - 22lr . cant go wrong with a marlin 22 ever.
    Browning High Power - 9mm. don't shoot it much but very fun
    Winchester 12ga Semi auto shotgun. my go to gun for trap...well my only gun for trap really =D
    Some compound bow lol haven't shot in a very long time.

All my center fire rifles shoot cast lead bullets I cast myself at home and does really well not to mention very cost effective!

Admittedly I know very little about bows,crossbows but feel free to share that aswell.

cant figure out how to post thumbnails >.< heres a link anyway
    http://s1154.beta.photobucket.com/us...emaru/library/
    Last edited by Adelphos; 2012-12-18 at 04:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adelphos View Post
    First and foremost this thread is about showing off your mechanical babies! Whether you use them for hunting, plinking , or competition its all fun. Feel free to brag it up. Post pics,targets or share your stories. Also if anyone reloads or casts their own bullets share your set ups! This thread is for gun people who LIKE GUNS if you DON'T LIKE GUNS FEEL PLEASE DON'T POST HERE. THERE ARE PLENTY OF THREADS YOU CAN USE ELSEWHERE. Any derogatory remarks should just be ignored as to not derail thread thanks in advance.

I shall post pics tomorrow seeing as its night time and quality will not be very good.

However my favorite gun I have far beyond any else I have is my M1 Garand love it so, and is very accurate. Others I love almost as much include my
    1941 98k Mauser - 7.92x57 Had to replace old war torn barrel but now is a great shooter!
    1936 Marlin 36 lever action - 32 Winchester special. Amazing old deer rifle still great after all these years
    Ruger 10/22 - 22lr . very fun to shoot and soo many mod options!
    Marlin 981T - 22lr . cant go wrong with a marlin 22 ever.
    Browning High Power - 9mm. don't shoot it much but very fun
    Winchester 12ga Semi auto shotgun. my go to gun for trap...well my only gun for trap really =D

All my center fire rifles shoot cast lead bullets I cast myself at home and does really well not to mention very cost effective!

Admittedly I know very little about bows,crossbows but feel free to share that aswell.
    Whats "Plinking"

Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    Whats "Plinking"
    I'm under the impression that it's slang for just shooting at random targets, derived from the sound of hitting a tin can.

basically shooting with in a social setting with friends at cans, bottles, steel targets etc where extreme accuracy isn't the goal just having fun. Though everyone's definition is a little different.

^ beat me to it ^

i like bows and slingshots (wood bows and david & goliath style slingshots). dont own any currently. always wanted to go hunting with them.

Sig sauer p226. 9mm holds 15 in the clip+1. Deadly accurate amazing gun.

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    i like bows and slingshots (wood bows and david & goliath style slingshots). dont own any currently. always wanted to go hunting with them.

Always wanted to get a sling shot and never did. I was always too busying thinking I would lose the projectiles, and I was cheap about buying more >.<

---------- Post added 2012-12-17 at 10:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Sig sauer p226. 9mm holds 15 in the clip+1. Deadly accurate amazing gun.
    Never handled one but I heard from other people they are really nice.

Gotta go with my Sharps rifle.Black powder is so much fun.
    And my 45.70 Siamese Mauser.Kicks like a mule and makes everyone at the range flinch every time I fire it.

Quote Originally Posted by Helryx View Post
    Gotta go with my Sharps rifle.Black powder is so much fun.
    And my 45.70 Siamese Mauser.Kicks like a mule and makes everyone at the range flinch every time I fire it.
    Is that an original sharps? either way nice rifle

I shot a really nice reproduction sharps very nice gun in 50-100 i think. insane recoil.

My father-inlaw has a old 1873 Springfield Trapdoor that sure kicks off the bench. Though we dont use black powder we have low smokeless loads that work good.

I'm Canadian.

M1 Garand or my S&W M&P .40

---------- Post added 2012-12-18 at 03:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Buzkil View Post
    I'm Canadian.
    So? Canadians can have some types of guns

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    Whats "Plinking"

i have been told those m&p pistols are great and for some reason harder to come by at least around where i am.

---------- Post added 2012-12-17 at 11:00 PM ----------

im going to need better ear plugs o.O

i have been told those m&p pistols are great and for some reason harder to come by at least around where i am.
    Yeah. They have adjustable palm swells so they're easier to hold than glocks. They're also super accurate, and better looking than Glocks IMO

I don't like the shields though. They are too small for my hands

Many police officers are using m&ps now

my dad has glocks and IMO i dont like them one bit. The sights seem clunky and triggers is horrible. Again thats just me some people love them.

my dad has glocks and IMO i dont like them one bit. The sights seem clunky and triggers is horrible. Again thats just me some people love them.
    Same. I never got the appeal. Maybe it's because they're known to not break.

10+ Year Old Account
    My favorite firearm, probly my M1 Garand, or my first year Marlin 336 30-30 lever action. I own quite a few others, but those are my absolute favorites.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Those 336 frames are very reliable. My marlin is the model before those

I only have 3 guns, two bb guns, and a Browning 20 gauge with a full choke, so I guess my shotgun.