[Balance] Trink question when going crit build

Say I'm going full crit as balance (not caring for haste breakpoints), which trink would you say is better?

1) jade magistrate figurine (+1079 Intellect, Use: Increases your critical strike by 3595 for 15 sec. (1 Min Cooldown)

2) light of the cosmos (+1079 Haste, Equip: Each time you deal periodic damage you have a chance to gain 3236 Intellect for 20 sec.)

3) reforged light of the cosmos (+648 Haste, +431 Crit, Equip: Each time you deal periodic damage you have a chance to gain 3236 Intellect for 20 sec.)

15+ Year Old Account
    This really depends on your gear set -- and if you have any decent level of gear, why are you going full crit build and ignoring haste?
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunfyre View Post
    This really depends on your gear set -- and if you have any decent level of gear, why are you going full crit build and ignoring haste?
    Because crit is the way to go? :s

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrations View Post
    Might aswell stop using sunfire/moonfire then.

Deleted
    Crit is the way to go, indeed, but haste breakpoints are insanely helpful, therefore you should prioritize them. Each time your Moonfire and Sunfire dots crit, you have a chance to a Starsurge proc, and if they tick more often they have a chance to crit more often. You get the most benefit from increasing the number of dot ticks (haste) and increasing their chance to crit.

I myself will soon try to reach the 2nd haste breakpoint (4set bonus helps), while maximizing my crit as well.

Theorycraft it, test it. It's the way to go.

---------- Post added 2012-12-18 at 11:31 AM ----------

As for trinkets, definitely go for Light of the Cosmos. It usually procs as soon as its internal cooldown ends so you can usually time it right with your pre-pot+burn phase.
    You may or may not reforge some of the haste away, but use a reforging addon or ask mr. robot. or something like that for your reforges.

I myself am usually not so keen on crit procs, rng and all but Int procs will ALWAYS be strong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    And why would you do that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Glide View Post
    Crit is the way to go, indeed, but haste breakpoints are insanely helpful, therefore you should prioritize them. Each time your Moonfire and Sunfire dots crit, you have a chance to a Starsurge proc, and if they tick more often they have a chance to crit more often. You get the most benefit from increasing the number of dot ticks (haste) and increasing their chance to crit.
    Obviously the hatse breakpoints are useful, but not worth it with OP's current gear to go for 5.2k haste. he would lose too much haste since his so far away, should way for abit more gear.

Those get boosted by crit, too. But it's pretty much impossible to miss the one breakpoint we're shooting for, so going for haste specificially isn't worthwile. Not to mention the BiS set has so much haste, you'd have a hard time reforging enough of it to get rid of that BP.

10+ Year Old Account

Obviously the hatse breakpoints are useful, but not worth it with OP's current gear to go for 5.2k haste. he would lose too much crit since his so far away, should wait for abit more gear.
    I agree, with very low levels of gear, just reaching 5273 can be troublesome. If it takes full gemming enchants and reforging to meet it, you're probably better off going for high crit. With higher ilv gear 385+ its almost impossible not to reach 5273 haste.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Deleted
    Quick question:

Light of Cosmos (LFR) or Static-Caster`s Medallion?
    We can macro the second one to starfall. Would it be better?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yazgot View Post
    Quick question:

Light of Cosmos (LFR) or Static-Caster`s Medallion?
    We can macro the second one to starfall. Would it be better?
    Wouldn't recommend macro'ing any trinket or racial to starfall tbh.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

My MS is resto, so whenever I have to dps I just go for the easy path and go crit - most first that I need to dps are full of adds. So knowing that, you guys still say the light of cosmos is better then? Any idea of its uptime?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by land View Post
    My MS is resto, so whenever I have to dps I just go for the easy path and go crit - most first that I need to dps are full of adds. So knowing that, you guys still say the light of cosmos is better then? Any idea of its uptime?
    Light of the Cosmos is the best trinket of this tier, hands down. 20 second proc with a 45 sec ICD is insane, on top of it being an int proc. The haste is just an added bonus that can be reforged significantly to crit.

Jade Magistrate Figurine is terrible, don't consider it.

As far as I've tested, LotC H > LotC N > EoT H > RoY > EoT N >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> JMF

So for a while, your best bet is the normal Light of the Cosmos and the Relic of Yu'lon from the Darkmoon Faire. The only time you'll ever replace RoY is with H Essence of Terror, which drops from heroic Sha of Fear, meaning by then it's purely for seeing bigger numbers once the content is cleared.

Also, if you head over to the T14H BiS list thread, I did a comparison between hitting the 8089 breakpoint or turning the extra haste into crit. The breakpoint is only worth ~4 dps on paper, meaning because of errors and whatnot this number could easily be higher or lower, so once you're past the 5273 haste breakpoint that becomes essentially unavoidable, you should just dump everything into crit. It's still a good bump in dps to hit the 5273 if you naturally get there - don't sacrifice more than 500 crit to reach it, and even then you can remedy that by upgrading gear.

Because it's senseless just like ignoring haste breakpoint.

Deleted
    Because it's senseless just like ignoring haste breakpoint.
    Its not senseless to ignore the haste breakpoint if you're 1500 haste from the haste breakpoint like OP is. hence why I said "Obviously the haste breakpoints are useful, but not worth it with OP's current gear to go for 5.2k haste. he would lose too much crit since his so far away, should wait for abit more gear."

Please stop posting false things.

You will get the hastecap automatically just by getting closer and closer to BiS gear. But obviously as the post above me states that if you are really close (like 500 off) you should sacrifire the crit to get the breakpoint.. otherwise Full out on crit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe I am blind, has the OP posted his armory link?
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

I didn't link my armory cuz I'm mostly resto and my current reforge/gems are going all out on spirit (I'm going to test tomorrow how better/worse is to heal with 9.5k spir versus my usual 8.1k). Either way, I'm going to log off with my OS gear so you guys can see, but again, you will see I'm waay above hit cap and going with spir/mastery gems all over.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...druid/advanced

And some logs where I dps'd:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/2...one/?s=5&e=364
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/2...?s=2035&e=2638

Deleted
    Press his sig and you can see all his chars :P